Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #16  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Vegetables with breakfast...I love greens with a poach egg. Like spinach, dandelion, collards, beet tops. Basically, I braise them in a little chicken broth and put the poached egg on top. The greens are also nice with some chopped Canadian bacon or any other smoked meat.

I like to shredd zucchini and saute that, then scramble it with eggs. To keep fats down, I use one egg and two egg whites. Cooked sliced mushrooms, green onions, red onions, tomatoes. It's all good with the egg scramble. If you run a couple tomatoes in a blender with basil, salt and pepper and a shallot, then heat that up in a skillet until it's nice and thick, then you can pour in your scrambled egg and whites into that.

I also like using pico de gallo salsa as a base for huevos rancheros. I find some that has no oil in it. I heat that up in a small skillet, then break an egg over it and put a lid on it till the whites are set.

I also roast an eggplant, whole, in the oven for about 45 minutes, till soft. Let it cool, then peel it and toss it in a blender with garlic, red onion, parsley and the juice of a lemon. It makes a very zesty dip for other veggies, but also a nice fresh sauce to serve with eggs.

Okay, now I'm properly hungry! Bye!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #17  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

There are so many different recipes out there but the basic one I followed was something like this:

4 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
Vegetables (I used to do frozen spinach that was thawed and patted dry, onions, and red peppers)
Grated Cheese (as much or as little as you like)
Garlic salt and pepper (or other spices)

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk this all together very well- you can hold on the cheese and just put a sprinkly on top of each individual cup before you bake it. I'd use a cupcake tin and fill it halfway (you can use any tins you like). Make sure to grease it up if it's not nonstick. Bake for 20 minutes, allow to slightly cool before removing from tins.

Enjoy!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/186.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Beerab!!! I'm trying that asap!
Emmy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

I made the mini quiche

4 eggs