Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default I don't know how to start back.

I need to seriously get back on my diet, I've been off for months now and I've gained all my weight back, possibly more... I'm scared to look at the scale. I saw pictures of me from when I went to a theme park with my friends and untagged them all because I was so disgusted with myself.

I keep saying "It starts today!" But I just don't know how to start back and get back in the mindset that I was in.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #2  
At it again

Hi Mello. I have "started back" many times. (Which may be a red flag that you shouldn't be taking my advice, lol!) Some of those times were much more difficult than others. During the tough starts, I found that making one small change really helped -taking the dog for a longer walk or having a water instead of a diet soda. A couple of those small changes would snowball into a bigger effort and before I knew it, I was on my way.

I remember reading someone's weight loss story a while back. She started by saying, "One Tuesday, for no particular reason, I went for a walk." It really made me realize that being successful at living a healthy lifestyle didn't have to mean a huge overnight change.
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/137/122

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm restarting too, I've been thinking about it for weeks. My work pants are getting almost camel toe tight (sorry for the image) and so I've been telling myself it's time to get back in the saddle. Plus, summer is coming up. I've had two false starts already but I think they've helped me prepare for this week. I've been looking at food labels again, and I went to the gym for the first time in MONTHS last week.

So last night I said "I start for good tomorrow!" and I feel really confident. Today I went shopping for good food, told myself no to candy at work (and didn't feel too bad about it), and went to the gym even though I felt like going home and being lazy. I know I can continue this, I already feel a million times better than a couple of days ago. I've done it before right?

So I say just keep making an effort and don't get to down on yourself when you eat something bad or don't workout or whatever and eventually you'll get comfortable again and get back to losing!
Paloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

just start back! one step at a time. consistency. It is worth it!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Get on that scale. Consciously have a "good day." See how much the number drops after just one or two good days.

That's what gets me going after a "bad spell."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #6  

I sooooooo wish I had the "magic pill" you (and so many of us )need to get and stay motivated. Since there's no such thing, here's some ideas that you might find helpful:

Look over various threads here on this forum to help you find a program that sounds like something you can do. Pick a plan and commit to it, plan for it (shop) and prepare what you need to be successful (cook)

or

try ordering food to be delivered to your home -a great way to take the food decisions out of your hands for a while -until you 're ready to go it alone!

or

don't put so much emphasis on dieting -look at your food choices as a way of eating healthy -that in itself will make for better choices and weight loss will be a benefit - because ultimately this is what it takes for the long haul

or

concentrate on adding some exercise to your daily activity - some people feel better getting those endorphins going -and when you feel better you're more likely to watch your food intake more carefully

or

join a group -like WW or OA -in person or online -the group support can be very supportive

The end result is ...

You need to take some kind of action - and just the fact that you posted here shows that you may be ready. One day at a time -sometimes I have to take it even further - 1 meal at a time!!

Please try something because you are worth the effort!! Good luck - L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've gained back the majority of my loss and I've had a difficult time getting restarted myself. It's as if everything I did before isn't working. I finally took the plunge and ordered a month of Medifast (and DH is doing it with me). So far--5 days in--we're enjoying the program. He's lost 1 pound and I've lost 2.5. Sometimes you just need to change it up a a bit to get re-motivated. Good luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I've been slacking since I started working (finally!). I had so much confident when I was losing weight. I think that's enough motivation to get me ready
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #9  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Just do it! I"ve done it over and over. And one of these days, I"ll get it right.

It's about persistence, not perfection. and sloggiing along for the long haul.

There is no shame or guilt in starting over. I've never failed, only learned how to do it wrong, which helps me learn how to do it "right"
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

This is exactly what I just went through. I lost weight last year and keep most of it off through the beginning of this year. Then I gave up. I ate everything and I was miserable. I let it go till I gained all of my weight back plus some. I tried to get back on the horse 3 or 4 times before I finally got it this last time. I am really motivated to lose weight for the summer. My "skinny" summer were always my best and I am not going to waste this summer on a fat one.
Get excited for something. Take drastic measures if you must, to get started (like devoting lots of time to workout, not developing eating disorders).
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote