Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'10"

Default Just a quick update

Just thought everyone would appreciate a quick update.
I sat down and did a little revaluation of my life in general.
I did manage not to sabotage my weight loss...I didn't lose but I didn't gain and that is most likely because I wasn't exercising.

I'm decided to focus on me for a little bit. My giant goal is to graduate with my Bachelors degree (I've got a year left...maybe one extra semester cause of a math issue that the school can't sort out).

My next goal is to get me together...the major issues are lose weight, fix teeth, and be happy with me and my life and not let outside forces have a negative impact on my life.

As far as the weight loss is going, I'm proud of myself. I went from 265lbs to 175 lbs in about a year, and I've kept it off for almost 6 months so I decided it was time to start trying to lose weight again with the ultimate goal of 140lbs but with a short term goal of 165 lbs which will put me solidly in the normal BMI category. Even more of a goal is to be in a single digit clothing size. I used to be a 6 and I'd like to get back to that but I'll gladly settle for an 8. (I know I shouldn't settle but I really could be happy with a size 8.) I'm in a 12/14 now depending on the brand. By the way is it just me or is anyone else losing shoe sizes as well? I went from a 10 to 9/9 1/2 with the weight I've lost so far and honestly the 9 1/2's usually are a little big.

The teeth...a few cavities that have long since been filled and no new ones in over 10 years but horribly crowded teeth and an overbit that I've needed braces for since I was a child. Last week I went to the dentist and got a cleaning, he's going to replace all the fillings since after 10 years they are starting to degrade and chip away (probably cause I grind my teeth horribly)...that happens tomorrow. AND Thursday I get braces!!! I am totally excited. I probably wouldn't have it wasn't for my WONDERFUL husband who said "Honey, you've wanted braces for a while now, and we have the money so go do it!" They said it might correct my teeth grinding, it will correct my over bite and that might correct the double chin I inherited from my dad, AND I will have straight teeth and an awesome smile!!

And the being happy with me...well losing weight and having straight teeth and losing a double chin will help but purging my life of the people that are making me crazy will go a whole lot further or at least putting them all in their places. I've been working on that for a while. Downside is I've purged most of my friends, I look back and realize they are users rather really being friends. Then I've got the family that only calls when they want something....That is coming to an end. I've set the biggest culprit in her place. However, that has meant that I get to listen to her drama second hand from the rest of the family and I finally had to just tell the rest of the family I don't want to hear it. I dont' want to hear what a mess my brother has created of his life, or how my older sister is begging everyone for money and has made a mess of her life or how the nieces are doing drugs and the nephews are living off of their momma rather than getting jobs....I dont' wanna hear it. Not my problem, not my issue and it makes me crazy to even hear it. I've called my husbands family and told them unless his Mom really falls off the sanity train do not call and bother me. I just can't deal with that too. The only person I'm actually going out of my way to help is my Mom only because she is grateful and at least tries to help herself. She's 70 with a set of duplexes, a main house falling apart and 2 acres to keep up with. She goes out and push mows it a bit at a time, gardens, picks up trash, paints the empty duplexes (well you get the pictures) She doesn't ask for help unless she really needs it and offer more than she asks. Everyone else....is on their own. Ok except for my husband who I swear has to be the best guy ever. Never once during my weight gain did he make a negative comment, never once when I told him I wanted to lose weight was there a negative comment. Only positive comments! He says I'm his hot wife (even though I still think I'm his fat wife!) He's WONDERFUL!

Oh and the high amounts of stress in my life contribute to my weight issues...And so I am going to go out of my way to find a way to not let stress so negatively impact my whole life.

Thanks for everyones support!

Sarah
txladymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Sarah - I enjoyed your positive post and wish you joy and much happiness.

I am going through a lot of self study and life evaluation myself.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'10"

Thanks! Good luck with your life evaluation....sometimes it can be a bit rough! Let it help your weight loss journey not sabotage.

Sarah
txladymedic is offline   Reply With Quote