Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 5/2 - 5/8

You're on Page 1 of 20
Go to
  • Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!
  • Hi!

Still dealing with sick kids, here. We almost had to bring my eldest to the emergency room last night. I was up from 1am-5:30am with her. Thankfully, her fever broke and her coughing calmed down. She looked a whole lot better today. Me, on the other hand...ugh, you could knock me down with a feather I'm so exhausted. I'm getting ready to go to bed soon, but there's a part of me afraid that as soon as I close my eyes, I'll be woken up by crying/croup/some other emergency. It's gotta get better soon, right?

I did get my blood work back. Thyroid, cholesterol, liver function, iron levels, ect everything came back perfectly and healthy. My Vitamin D levels were low, so I'm on a supplement for that. It looks like my healthy lifestyle change has paid off. Hurray!

My inlaws will be arriving from England on Wed. They'll be here for a whole month. My kids also have off this week. I'll try to check in when I can. I feel so disconnected from y'all and miss you guys.

I did have a good April. I was down to 186.8 at my last weigh-in which gave me a little over a 9lb loss for April. Considering that I've only been losing 4 or 5 pounds a month since January, I was very happy!
  • Shells Congrats on the 9 pounds and the great lab results. I hope the little ones get better, soon. Hang in there!
  • Shellsbrood What is going around in that house of yours? Wowzers! I bet you are exhausted, but imagine how much worse you would feel with all that extra weight? You are doing so great with your weight loss and had a GREAT month!
  • May has started off good for me!! When I left the hospital getting my Calories, Fats, Chlolesterol, Sodium in order seemed like an impossibility.

Now it has become easy and routine Wow!! Never thought I would say that.

My check in for today:

*** Meals Data for 5/1/2011 *** Total Calories 1089 -- Total Sodium 1505.49 mg

Breakfast Egg Beaters 1/2 cup = 2 eggs 60 Calories 230 mg Sodium
    Breakfast Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread Sugar Free (2 Slices) 100 Calories 240 mg Sodium
    Breakfast Onions, raw (1/8 med onion) 6 Calories 0.41 mg Sodium
    Lunch Pork chop center rib, boneless, (1 chop) 213 Calories 42.42 mg Sodium
    Lunch Brussels sprouts, boiled, drained, w/o salt (1/2 cup) 28 Calories 16.38 mg Sodium
    Lunch Potatoes, boiled, cooked in skin, flesh, w/o salt (1 potato) 118 Calories 5.44 mg Sodium
    Aft. Snack Bananas, raw (1 med fruit) 105 Calories 1.18 mg Sodium
    Aft. Snack Colby cheese (4 oz) 223 Calories 341.26 mg Sodium
    Dinner Egg Salad Sandwich (Egg Beaters / Sugar Free Wheat Bread) 182 Calories 602.8 mg Sodium
    Dinner Melon, cantaloupe, raw (1 cup, cubes) 54 Calories 25.6 mg Sodium

At the request of my DW we have made Lunch our big meal of the day.

Weight is steady at 247

Excercise today 1/2 mile walking. It was 93 degrees so I followed the doctor's advice and took it easy on walking today

Larry,
  • Shells- we miss you. so sorry you are having such a hard time.

Diana- thanks for the new thread! you are so on top of things!

Larry- you are doing a great job!

----------------------------------------

I came in a 1020 calories today and 33 NET carbs. I walked 1 mile this morning. I tried to skip eating this morning b/c I was going to be at my brother in laws house all day and wasn't sure what the food situation would be. I did bring my little cooler with lunch in it. Drove home fast for dinner and didn't feel like making a salad. Since today was a non-exercise day I am okay with the low calories.

Food Plan for tomorrow:
    Breakfast: low carb tortilla, 2 ounces sausage, cheese, watermelon
    Lunch: 3 ounce ham, lettuce, guacomole, greek yogurt
    Dinner: salad and turkey patties

Workout Plan:
    9:15-9:35 Treadmill
    9:45-10:45 Spinning
    11:00-11:30 Weight training
    5:30-6:30 Stairclimber and Elliptical
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I am going to be busy this week at work with month end stuff. Have a great week!
  • Good morning, everyone

I'm baack! And I'm planning on posting regularly. I just miss you guys too much not to.

DianaLA: congrats on seeing onederland. You’ll be moved in there real soon.

Larry: I’m so glad to hear you’re recovering sooo well. You are the weight loss king! Getting the sodium down is hard, isn’t it?

K9 and Berry: thanks for asking about me. It’s nice to be missed!

Novel: I’m in bed typing with a big smile on my face because you’ve reached 180. But then I wish I could be there for you I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling depressed. I’d like to imagine all of us there with you in the room, helping you dry your tears and believe in yourself again [I’ve got a soft expression on my face, and just want so much to encourage you…]

LLBold: pixies…yup. I wish I could wear a bathing suit like that… but after losing about 50 pounds, and four kids (I haven’t lost the kids, just had them, LOL!) my skin looks kinda sad and droopy, like a balloon with all the air let out. I'm okay with that. You'll look gorgeous!!

Berry: ooh, you can plant already…We usually can’t plant annuals until late May. It’s been so flipping cold and rainy this April. We’ve had a couple of tornadoes…little ones compared to the whoppers some people on this thread have been getting… buuut we normally don’t get any at all in spring. I wish you could Fed Ex some of your heat up here. Would probably get stopped by customs, though Hang in there with your fitness stuff. You know what those dang scales do! You know you’ll see results soon!

StaceyGee: wow, that’s great that you have less to lose than you thought! All the best as you decide about surgery.

Shells: I remember when my kids were little, and those long nights (sigh). My heart goes out to you! BTW, I saw your photos and you’re looking fastastic! So glad you had that good news from the doctor. You are soooo close to your goal now!!!

Diana3271: Thanks! I see you're consistent as always!

So, here's my check-in. I've gotten a lot of positive comments on my weight loss so far, but I've gotten a couple of negative comments lately, along the lines of I've lost too much. Two of the negative comments come from older women who's background would say women should be round and soft. I really don't agree with them that I'm too thin. The third negative comment comes from dh - he focuses on one spot - or should I say two I am not anorexic, and, trust me, I've got enough body fat to get me through a famine. I'm going to see my family doctor about my blood pressure this week anyhow, so I'll ask her what she thinks a good weight is.

For today, I'm going to track my food and aim to eat about 2000 calories, and do one hour's worth of gentle biking.

C U later. Have a great day, everyone!
  • So far this month is terrible...my SO and I broke up yesterday and I spent the rest of the day with my best friend crying. I guess we all could have predicted this was going to happen. I didn't go to work because my face is a swollen mess from the crying and I'm sure I'll cry all day again.

I hate endings. I hate starting over. I just feel so hopeless.
  • Novelista I am not good with expressing myself on paper/online, so please forgive me if I say the wrong thing. I know you are hurting right now. I always say when one door is closed another is opened for you. I think you have been though a lot because of your SO. I have read some of your posts and I don't know how you went through it. Take some time to take care of yourself and spend some time with your friends. Please don't feel hopeless. I know there is someone special out there that will cherish and love you. Someone that will want you to be happy. Hang in there. Something very good will come out of this.
  • Hugs to you Novel!
  • Oh, Breanne, I'm so, so sorry.

roadbikerchick--I get those kind of comments too and I weigh much, much more than you do. I think people just get nervous when someone loses weight.

Diana--Have a good week, too! Let me know if you have any great shopping finds to share. I went bathing suit shopping for my anniversary trip. What a humbling experience...

Thanks, Stacy. Mmmm...you have me craving watermelon now.

Larry--93 degrees! Wow! It's 46 here right now.

Berry--The area has been hit with a horrible virus. The pediatrician says it seems to directly attack the respiratory system. My kids struggle with asthma and allergies and it just seems to hit them harder because of it. Also, the people who owned this house before us, had a LOT of pets. We only just found out that my kids are highly allergic to pet hair. (my ds's eyes swell shut and he breaks out in hives when he's around animals) So, I don't think living here helps either. At the very least, I'd love to rip up the old carpets.

I was reading a thread on here earlier about negative/stupid comments people make about weight loss. One woman said that it really irked her when people assumed weight loss was "easy" for her. I thought "Wow, how could someone even say that?". Well, yesterday, I made some comment about a coat being too big now and I put it in the give-away pile. My dh laughed and said "Well, some of us get jealous, you know. It must be nice when weight loss comes so easy for you." Easy?? Yeah, right... I worked for every pound, thankyouverymuch!
  • Novelista... You'll be in my thoughts today! We all know breaking up/starting over is never easy. Make sure to pamper yourself today :-) <3

___

In full on exam-mode right now, study study study! Hope everyone has a lovely, OP day!
  • novelista, I'm soo sorry you're going thru all of this! Come vent to us whenever you need to. We're here for ya, girl! We'll listen as long as you need to vent.......writing your feelings down will probably even be therapeutic.

My Saturday was good, as I said, at 1200 calories. Yesterday we had an outside thing all day and so all I could do was take snacky foods....so my day was snacky and I'm sure WELL over target. UGH. Tuesday is definitely gonna be a bust. BUT as of today, I'm back on track. Oatmeal for breakfast. As long as I don't show a gain for tomorrow at weigh in, I'll be happy. Also, DH finally got the weight bench put in place (it's been in the garage since we moved) so I'll begin working out this week! Gotta tone up some of this loose skin!!! It's TERRIBLE!!

Have a GREAT Monday everyone!
  • Quote: I was reading a thread on here earlier about negative/stupid comments people make about weight loss. One woman said that it really irked her when people assumed weight loss was "easy" for her. I thought "Wow, how could someone even say that?". Well, yesterday, I made some comment about a coat being too big now and I put it in the give-away pile. My dh laughed and said "Well, some of us get jealous, you know. It must be nice when weight loss comes so easy for you." Easy?? Yeah, right... I worked for every pound, thankyouverymuch!
    I hate to have the attitude that people are jealous but I think they are. I think they know damn well it's not easy but we still do it and are successful when they can't/won't be for whatever reason (lack of drive?). So I think they just say "oh it must be soooo easy!" I'm with ya sister - I worked hard for every pound!!!