Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Thanks for the info. I will check them out for DH. Maybe that will be a good option for him. Do you have a favorite flavor.
peanut butter creme is my favorite flavor. i find the chocolate fudge slightly bitter. but i do also like the peanut butter fudge. there is also a cookies and creme. but i have never seen it in a store.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #122  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post

Got my digital camera... here is a pic of the new bikini!
Holy gorgeous body!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #123  
Melissa

I feel so darn good! Something about spending the day outdoors. First I was on the field trip with the kindergarten class at the Nature Conservancy Center. Then, outdoors in the garden/yard. I desperately need to get to the grocery store, but I had my husband put the little guy to bed (even though it was my turn) while I did a grocery store run in the evening - making it possible to enjoy every minute outdoors that I could. Took a brisk walk around the lake with my husband too. Life is good!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #124  

I'd press the like button on your post if we had one. Thanks for sharing!

Goodnight.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #125  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Breanne

Hi Everyone

I hit that key again and everything went poof

Stacy they have one of those things at Curves that does the percentages and even though mine have been horrid these past two months I do like it. It is different from what the chart says. Hopefully this month's numbers will be better. I was in my early 20's when I last weighed 128 (23 I think) 22 years ago.

DianaLA hope the headache goes away and for a good number on the scale

Wow Lacey you look great

Hi Krystal I'm curious about the fruit flush also. So please post what you do when you do it and your progress, thanks I'm with you on the prayer for Breanne ---> Praying to my Father on your behalf to heal your broken spirit and restore your inner joy and peace! Krystal those pictures are so sad, especially that park

shells enjoy your family time

Hi Diana ... you're great you been checking in and keeping up even though you said you may not be able to

Melissa glad you got outside today

--------
Breakfast
my smoothie, V8, peanut butter

Lunch
L/C pepperoni pizza w/parmesan

Snacks too many
2 svgs Crunch peanuts, snack crackers, BBQ chips

Dinner
85/15 1/4 burger, Swiss cheese, flatout wrap and Romaine lettuce

Total calories 1827 Over by 227 calories
80ozs of water
Exercise today 1.66 miles walk at the track. Our speed went from 3.3 to 2.5 average at the end calories burned 127. I would have loved to do the other 1.5 miles but we went too late. Ladies I now know I can do it, I just need to be outside is all. Gonna try to go earlier on Thursday. I have Bible Study tomorrow so the treadmill will be it.

Good night
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #126  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, weigh in wasn't as bad as I had feared, not as good as I had hoped. lol Lost 0.8 lb for the week......201.2 was the official number. It was far better than I expected...I actually expected either a maintain or a gain. Next week will be my "official" 200 lb week, hopefully. I want to make this a GOOD week! I've been slacking lately and the scales show it. I've not had a 2 pounder week in over a month. Time I change that. Gonna need lots of encouragement and I'll try to visit here often......that seems to really help me to stay motivated. Since I've been slacking with my visits and posts here, I've not had as good of luck.......so here I am.....and here I'll stay. Ya'll are stuck with me. (Boy, that's a different statement from last night, huh?!?!)

April netted me a 5.6 lb loss, I think. That's unacceptable for me. May will be a good month!

Well folks I have a FULL day tomorrow. Better head for beddy bye! Nighty night!! See ya'll tomorrow!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #127  
~Rennie

Good Morning Everyone

up 0.2 to 177.0 ... no complaints at all

Have an OP day Everyone
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #128  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Well, weigh in wasn't as bad as I had feared, not as good as I had hoped. lol Lost 0.8 lb for the week......201.2 was the official number. It was far better than I expected...I actually expected either a maintain or a gain. Next week will be my "official" 200 lb week, hopefully. I want to make this a GOOD week! I've been slacking lately and the scales show it. I've not had a 2 pounder week in over a month. Time I change that. Gonna need lots of encouragement and I'll try to visit here often......that seems to really help me to stay motivated. Since I've been slacking with my visits and posts here, I've not had as good of luck.......so here I am.....and here I'll stay. Ya'll are stuck with me. (Boy, that's a different statement from last night, huh?!?!)

April netted me a 5.6 lb loss, I think. That's unacceptable for me. May will be a good month!

Well folks I have a FULL day tomorrow. Better head for beddy bye! Nighty night!! See ya'll tomorrow!!
Did you do the water pill again? Or go without it? Actually, down .8 is pretty darn good considering how stressed you've been!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #129  

Good Morning! Checking in while I wait to take DS to school (have one DS home sick today). Ate on plan yesterday, sort of. Had my planned breakfast and then my protien shake before track meet and had my snacks packed in a lunch box cooler, but I didn't eat anything out of it! That shake filled me up good!!! I will have to use those more often. I wasn't even going to eat when I got home at 8:30, but figured my calories in my head and was way too low, especially with running 3 miles/walking 1, so I had a salad with 2 meatloaf muffins from the freezer for dinner. A good day overall.
So all this talk about protien powder, I have a question and opinion. Question, how long does protien powder last? I have some whey protien, one chocolate and one vanilla that are at least a year old, should I use them? Also, there was a comment about pea protien and I had forgotten that I bought some when I was doing a fat flush diet last year (one of my last fad diets prior to calorie counting), so I used that in my shake yesterday. I immediately remembered why I didn't make it through that diet, pea protien is Nasty with a capital N!!!!! Originally I used 1c. frozen strawberries, one container vanilla greek yogurt, one scoop pea protien, flax seed and a little milk for consistency, tasted it and almost puked. I had to add at least another cup of berries to stomach it, and I still didn't love it. BUT, when I realized on my drive home that I still wasn't hungry, I was sold. I will be using that nasty crap frequently! Now that I think about it, the pea protien is a year old in April, so the whey is probably older. . . What do you guys think? That stuff is expensive, I hate to throw it out. It is in a cupboard that stays very cool, especially in the winter (north facing). So anyways, I will be experimenting more with these shakes, and I may try the bars you guys are talking about. I have tried all kinds of bars in my day and they all taste off to me, can't quite get over the particular flavor they put off. DH likes most of them and I watch him eat them while I look at him with horror on my face. I know if I buy any that I don't like he or DS will eat them. DS will eat anything if I tell him it builds muscles, he he.
Weight is still stuck. I wasn't expecting much of a change for lots of reasons, I ate late, I am sore from my runs last two days, I slept the worst I have slept in a long, long time, and I am retaining water with PMS (I feel it). So, hopefully in 5-6 days when TOM rears its ugly head I will let go of some poundage.
First thing on the agenda today: Nap
Check with you all later!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #130  
Melissa

The big whoosh yesterday was not a fluke. Added another .2 to the loss on the scale. Slept horribly last night though, but I still feel rested enough. Cold and rainy today, so probably time to concentrate on the presentation on Croatia for Friday and the presentation for Mother's Day on the Super Mom Conundrum. Will make a run to the garden center though for a couple more tools.

Also, I would LOVE IT, if I hit the halfway point by Mother's Day. That would be the best gift to me of all! I need 1.2 pounds to be a hair past half way. I have 4 days to get there. I think I can do it, especially since I'm past ovulation.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-04-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #131  

love2B: How do they calculate the body fat percentage at Curves? At my gym my trainer calls it a 6 point test and he has 6 humilating place he measured my fat with calipers. then there is some type of computer program he enters the numbers and it tells us my body fat percentage. I have heard of scales doing it but I am not sure how they work. There is an 8 point test but I won't leet him squeeze my butt cheek!! LOL

DianaLa: I am glad you are feeling motivated again. I think checking in here really helps me too!

Jo: Could you find a date on the powders? The powder I use has 12/12 so that must be two years out. If there isn't a dat maybe try half a shake and make sure sure it tastes alright... but it could be ok since mine is 2 years to expire.

Berry: Half of my whoosh was a fluke... glad yours wasn't! Hope the Croatia work is fun!

--------------------------

I stepped up my exercise Monday and really pushed myself. So sore on Tuesday and still did yoga and spinning. I have stayed at 1200-1300 calories and not strayed from my plan and I am up 2 pounds. I am guessing it is some water retention and I might just take some diurex to see. I was frustrated-- but I am going to hold my chin up and stick to the plan. Today is another marathon workout day plus Pilates. I really enjoyed the pilates last week. I hope I can do it even though my hamstrings and glutes are so freaking sore. It too Alleve to help me get started. Might need some Vicoden when I get home! ;-)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #132  
~Rennie

DianaLA I know you said the 5.6 for April wasn't unacceptable for you but I think it was great. That may have been your low month and this month will double that number

jomatho, I have some chocolate protein powder that I just realized was expired and I only checked the date because it didn't taste like I remembered. I don't have enough experience with it to know whether it loses it's power/effectiveness or not but I'm sure someone here does. And it is quite pricy. When you say you used flaxseed, was it the meal or something else. I it was the meal was it grainy? I've wanted to toss some in but afraid of what the texture will be like.

Melissa hoping you make your half way goal by Mother's Day, I think that would be a wonderful present also. With you saying that I wonder if I could kick up the exercise a little more and get to 175 by then!! I think I'm gonna try. I may have been closer today had I not eaten a beef burger pattie and a L/C pizza in the same day. When will I ever learn

Stacy they have this thing that you hold, they actually used the same thing when I was going to Sport & Health. They put the information in the computer and give you a print out with your numbers. I know the thing you're talking about I've had that used before also. I think when I was going to Olympus. I want one of those scales that measures your water some how. I think they were talking about it on one of the thread here at some point. I think that would be neat. Hope you're not too sore when you get home ... gosh I wish I had your energy

I'm bored the weather is blah and I'd love to take a nap but not gonna do it.

What are you all's plans for Mother's Day?

----------
Could someone tell me how to get to my fit day on here and How do I delete the old blog that I started last year?? Thanks for your help!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quick post...lots to do! I'll try to catch up on personals later today!

Down 0.2 to 136! Getting really close!!!

Hope y'all have an excellent day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Vixsin: Congrats on your 2 NSV. I can't remember when I was not obese

novelista225: Hi and here is a hug

Breanne: .8 pounds down? Way to Go!

MzJuicyD: Welcome back!!

Stacy: A loss will come for you soon. I predict it, hang in there.

Lacey: WOW!! A picture like that can be dangerous for an old guy who just had heart surgery.

K9Owner: Great pictures. I assume you do not need to water your lawn?

Berry: Great to see that "Life is good!" for you and Congrats on the big whoosh.

Diana in LA: "Ya'll are stuck with me." That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Can't think of anyone I would rather be stuck with!

Jomatho: So you say "pea protien is Nasty with a capital N!!!!! " I have been considering trying some protein powder to increase my protein levels. I will stay away from the pea powder. It can't be as bad as the Walden Farms Peanut Butter, that has to be the nastiest diet food I have ever tried.

Hi to everone else!!

---------------------

2 pound loss this morning!!

I missed posting yesterday so here are my totals

Monday 1258 Calories, 979 mg Sodium
Tuesday 1365 Calories, 1642 mg Sodium

About 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk each day. I am getting stronger each day

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 05-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #135  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Each day seems to get a little better. I haven't spoken with my ex but there is the dreaded stuff that is in my apartment that needs to be picked up. I haven't exactly navigated how and when to do this. I'm not sure I want to be there or not.

This is so hard.

But in a weird twist of events, one of my friends who is on this dating site that I'm on asked me to check out someone's profile for her and I logged in and did so. I suppose my inactivity for such a long time and then logging in made my profile show up and someone asked me out last night...in a very cute witty email.

I feel so heartbroken but the more I talk about this relationship the more I realize that I gave a lot and received a lot less. Also, I realize more that the issues did cause me more stress than happiness, so I'm conflicted. Is talking to someone new so soon very unhealthy?

Last edited by novelistabac; 05-04-2011 at 10:21 AM.
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote