Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #76  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo I started mountain biking this spring, and my very first race is this week. I am sure I will just plain suck I am hoping to do 5 races this summer, just for fun.

Thanks about my DD She had a blast.

I keep frozen berry mix handy for my quick shakes. Also I freeze non fat yogurt and pop that in instead of milk and ice...makes it creamy tasting.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Speaking of protein shakes . . . DH is a diabetic (he is being treated by a Dr, takes his meds, and tests his sugar) and his breakfast of choice is some type of pastry, donut, or even a Little Debbie Snack cake. Not exactly the breakfast of champions. I've tried making him a good breakfast, but he doesn't want it. A friend of ours got on this protein shake kick for a while. He recommended a protein powder from Walmart. DH wanted to try it. I got 2 different flavors. DH HATED it! I mean HATED it! Anyways, last week I left one of my magazines out and DH flipped through it. There was article in there about this woman talking about how bad she felt all the time. (DH feels bad all the time. In my opinion it is totally related to how crappy he eats.) Anyways, he showed me the article. Her solution was whey protein. It helped her sugar levels and she started feeling better. DH told me he wanted to try this stuff called whey protein. I reminded him that we have 2 canisters of it and he didn't like it. (I actually don't like the product we have. There are too many ingredients in it and I think it's of crappy quality. But it's what our friend recommended and what DH wanted to try). So anyways, I personally think the Jay Robb whey protein is good quality and a product I have tried in the past. I asked DH if he wanted to try it and he agreed. I didn't want to buy a big canister because I know how DH is. I bought the sample packs. DH has tried all of the flavors and literally likes all of them! This morning he had Pina Colada. He has had protein shakes every day but Sat/Sun for a week. If they pass the DH taste test, they must be pretty good. He hates anything and everything healthy!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #78  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

It is another dreary rainy day today bleh... c'mon spring, where you hidin' at??

Here is my plan for the day Tues 5/3/2011

B - 3 slices multi-grain toast w/ peanut butter + 1 banana + 1 glass choc. almond milk

L - Whole wheat pasta w/ ground soy "meat", tomato pasta sauce and lot's of veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Stir-fry w/ marinated tempeh, tahini sauce, kale and broccoli on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2L water

Exercise: 30min on the treadmill + physio prescribed stengthening

Have a happy, healthy and OP day everyone!

Last edited by L R K; 05-03-2011 at 09:41 AM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana – Thanks! Ooooh pita & hummus.

Berry – Thanks! Congrats on the inches lost! AND your whoooooosh!

Jo – 7 miles?!?!?! And timing out your treadmill?! You’re awesome!!

Stacy – As far as measurements I’m not sure. You and I are the same height…I can give you mine is you think it might be helpful. Around 150 I was 37-31-38. I gain most of my weight in my chest/stomach area. And if it helps at 136ish I’m measuring 37-29-37 which is putting me in a loose fitting size 6 pant, M top, 34C bra.

L2b – SO glad to have that paper done! Right now I’m taking a health care law and ethics class…lots of brain power required. You did great yesterday and seriously controlling yourself to eat 15 chips! Awesome! I consider that a victory!!! Sending you for you WI!

Road – Thanks! Great job biking and staying on plan!! You rock!

Gaining – You’re fine, we’ve all whined here and there for sure. I've done my fair share!!! If you need a break I say take one, you need to chill if things are stressful!

Sum – I’m jealous of that meal you’re making…sounds SOOOO yummy!

Zoodoo – 7 pounds is awesome!!! I lost 2. Hey a loss is a loss!!!!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 05-03-2011 at 10:27 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #80  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!!

WOW! Have I (and this thread!) been busy! I hope you all have been doing well.

the weekend was great. Busy as usual.

Today my scale rewarded me with a huge whoosh down of 2.6 lbs down to 195.2!!! I don't think it will stick around tomorrow but it's here today! I think my random gains all last week were due to ovulation. I think now that I had the Mirena, I am becoming one of those who gains at ovulation and then again around TOM's arrival....Super.

I've had 2 MAJOR NSV's!!! I am officially NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I would be so happy to say that I am OVERWEIGHT and I am proud!!!!!!

And yesterday, I bought a treadmill!!!! I can't wait to pick it up!! I can't wait to have it in my house and be able to stare at it longingly as I walk by it to do laundry. LOL

All that makes for a VERY happy girl today!!!!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 05-03-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post

I've had 2 MAJOR NSV's!!! I am officially NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I would be so happy to say that I am OVERWEIGHT and I am proud!!!!!!
WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #82  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Morning everyone!

I don't have time for personals, and I feel a bit awkward posting without them.

I just wanted to ask you all: If, in a couple weeks, my weight loss stalls, will you please remind me that overall I'm losing as fast as I have any right to and tell me to shut up and stop complaining? April's loss came in at 7 lbs, despite a three week lull. So I've got NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
hAPPi dANCe hAPPi dANCe hAPPi dANCe hAPPi dANCe iN yOUR pANTS tHERE'S a hAPPi dANCe!!!

........ ................ ........... ............... ............... ............... ......... ..................... ................... .............
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #83  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lindsey--Wow, another loss. Yay! Maybe once you reach your goal, you can maintain, but keep those workouts up? I bet you'll still inch down and reach that 125 weight naturally.

Lauren--It's supposed to rain all week here. Hey, it's better than snow, right?

modkittn--I tried WW once and didn't care for it. I went to calorie counting and have been at it for 8 months now. I use sparkpeople to log my calories.

Diana--Hmmm...I might have to look those up. I've always wanted to try a protein shake, but haven't had the courage to. Also, I hate the thought of drinking a meal.

jomatho--I felt the same way this morning.

Zoo--I'll remind ya.

Sum--I LOVE lava cakes! Enjoy the high calorie day and chalk it up to calorie cycling/confusion.

Berry--Woohoo, congrats on the whoosh!!

love2b150--Congrats on the 1 mile on the treadmill!

roadbikerchick--Good luck with the taxes and great job staying OP!

__________________________________________________ _
Kids are feeling better today. I know they are, because the girls have enough energy to fight with each other all morning. Hey, I'll take that over the sickness, though.

Up a pound this morning. I ate most of my calories in the evening, so I'm not surprised. Stayed OP though!

I've attached a recent picture when I reached 70lbs lost (and a picture of me at 60lbs lost for comparison). I'm mostly in size 12 now. So happy! I still really want to work on my arms, legs and belly (the ruffles hide it well, hehe).

Ok, inlaws are arriving tomorrow, so I've got to clean, clean, clean! I'm not sure if or when I'll be back this week, so I hope everyone has a wonderful, OP and amazing week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-04-29_12-13-10_161 (139x350).jpg (47.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 60lbsgone.jpg (10.1 KB, 16 views)
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #84  
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Today my scale rewarded me with a huge whoosh down of 2.6 lbs down to 195.2!!!
Congrats on the whoosh!!! I predict it WILL stay, because you SOOOO deserve that after all your hard work! Congrats on being overweight, too!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #85  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their kind words and SO MUCH support. It really does help me!!

I went to work today. Cried as soon as I walked in the door, but I'm trying to keep busy. Trying to just do what I have to do. My friends are all taking care of me. I have plans for the whole rest of this week and weekend. It's looking up.

The loneliness (even when other people are there) is so awful. It's so weird to talk to, text, IM, email, SEEE this person EVERY SINGLE DAY. I mean we're talking basically no more than 4 hours or so without communication for 8 MONTHS. And then they are gone... I hate this part of it.

I will get back to doing personals as soon as I can. I just feel like there is a huge hole inside me and it's so hard for me to think right now...
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #86  
Blessed!

Breanne--
Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #87  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi all,
I am FINALLY back to MY LIFE!
Today, DH, my parents, and myself are traveling south to Tunica, MS and downtown Memphis to see the flood waters! It has rained ALL weekend! I no longer need just a we need an ARK!!

I am back on track with eating as well. was not too bad to me this a.m. as I braved it after the horrid weekend I ranted about! I was expecting to be up by 3 or 4 lbs after 4 slices of pizza, but I wasn't!

today at 1800

Diana32: Did you ever do the Fruit Flush? I saw a uvid of it and wanted to try it. They make it sound like you can lose a ton of weight, but if you're eating 400 calories of fruit in 8 n hours, it's b/c you're dropping the calories! DUH-- of course you will lose weight! Anyway, I was just curious if you had. I may do it when the summer is a little closer. Where did u buy the protein?

DianaLA
: I am distraught that you are considering a break. I feel your pain, however. I seriously hope you will rethink this decision and reconsider. This is not a popular thing that we participate in. It goes against the grain of American thinking--but please, consider it again. I have seen so many of my close friends and family get to a similar point where you are--quit and regain all of the weight and then a few more pounds back and they are MISERABLE!! It's when you allow a set back to become the victor that you will lose the battle!!! You can DO THIS. We will HELP you.

I love this group! I love this thread. And I'm thankful I have found support from so many different avenues!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #88  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum love what you said to DianaLA That is one of the great things about coming here ... everybody seems to really care much more than the people that we see everyday, I just love it What a great friend to have on your friends birthday Have fun on your bike ride. Thanks for the tip on freezing the yogurt.

Thanks Diana This my husband also ---> He hates anything and everything healthy! I literally fix his plate (I always have) and as long as I put it on the plate he'll eat it, but if left up to him he would eat rice, fried chicken, ice cream and Pepsi everyday ... shaking my head! I bought a whey protein powder from Walmart also not sure of the brand but it vanilla so it goes well with what I like with it. I'm gonna look for your brand, didn't know about flavor varieties. Thanks

Melissa Congrats on your whoosh! and on being 1lb from half way done

Aw Lindsey thanks ... whew that class sounds hard, my hat is off to all that further their education. I have said for years that I wanted to go back to school and I looked into some online classes with U of Phoenix, my neighbor uses them and said they are really over priced so that bumped that out and I haven't looked since . Maybe when I'm older I'll do it finally

Zoodoo congrats on the 7lbs gone in April and just like Sum and Diana and everyone has said complain and whin away ... we're hear to listen and believe me it feels so good to get it out to people that listen and especially that understand

jomatho that's what I use for my protein shake and I got it from the woman's world magazine. It says to add a tbsp of peanut butter I did that once and couldn't drink it, so if I choose to have the pb I just eat a spoon of it. It would be the same calories.

Hi modkittn

Hi Lauren it's nice here today thank goodness. Our youngest son went on a field trip to the zoo and it was supposed to rain glad that changed. Tomorrow is supposed to be a 20 degree drop with rain. It' s spring/fall rolled into one

Vixsin congrats on the 2.6lbs gone It's here today ENJOY :congrats: on both your NSV's

Hi K9

Thanks shells working my way back up to last year, gonna try a mile and a quarter and then a mile and a half until I can get back to 3. You know honestly though like Melissa said if I could just get outside I know I will do more than a mile Shells you look great ... I can't wait to look like that

Breanne

----------------------

I had my calories wrong yesterday they were actually lower at 1155 for the day. I had been adding a half cup of Edy's light vanilla 100 cal. but I used the last of it on Sunday and actually used a cup 200 cal. when I made the smoothie and I didn't have any yesterday but copied my breakfast from 5/1. (long I know) But I bought a fat free frozen yogurt by Kemp's that's only 90 calories for a half cup so I used that today.

My weigh in today was 176.8 down 0.8 from yesterday. I'm happy

K9 and Diana fruit flush???
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #89  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

You guys are so awesome! I really love you guys!!

Sales Tax Audit has begun.....I'm so nervous I could puke. The auditor is probably 55-ish, kinda gumpy and pair-shaped............and he doesn't look me in the eye when he talks to me....he looks at my boobs. Kinda freakin' me out just a little.......but hey, if that works to my benefit, I can deal with it......as long as he doesn't wanna touch 'em. (Sorry if TMI!)

I'm in a little better frame of mind today....yesterday was just one of those days where it seemed like if it could go wrong or be stressful, it WAS. I'm a little better today...helped that my day was on target yesterday, too....although I'm still thinkin' I won't show a loss at the meeting tonight (Yes, I'm going....yes, I'm gonna weigh.....gotta face--on the beast--what I did for the past week.....)

berryblondeboys, congrats on your WHOOSH! If I don't get my butt in gear, you're gonna pass me right up!

K9owner, thanks for truly caring about what happens to me! It upsets me, too, when I feel like someone is soooo down that I fear they may give up. I was almost to that point yesterday....I wanted to just throw in the towel and EAT and EAT and EAT. Honestly, I don't know what kept me from it......sheer stubbornness, maybe? For once maybe being stubborn paid off for me? I'm so glad I have this whole thread in my corner!!

Guess I need to go pacify the auditor some more...............okay, given the boob comment, maybe pacify is a bad choice of words?!?!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #90  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! I am back after a LONG break from weight loss. I was so overwhelmed before that I just gave up. Not ashamed to admit that. There was so much going on in April (vacation, my 25th birthday, Easter and other things) that I said "forget weightloss!" I ate what I wanted whenever I wanted.

About a week ago i stepepd on the scale after ignoring it for weeks and discovered that I had gained about 8 pounds! I was so mad with myself but then again, I knew it was going to happen. So.....

I have started going back to my gym regularly and enjoying it. Ive also started counting my calories....well sorta....I just try to stay mindful of what I eat. I dont think im diggin the counting calories for every meal thing. Makes it a lil too scientific for me lol....and overwhelming. So i am watching what I eat. Last week I dropped 2.8 pounds, so hopefully I can get back to 263 again. This morning my weight was way up and i think it was because i had a pretty late dinner because i was at the gym so late. Also, i took a weight lifting class last night and i always seem to weigh more the next day.

I just have to take this thing one day at a time and try not to let it consume my life! It's so easy to gain weight but getting it off is a lot of work. I really dont want to quit anymore because i feel like such a loser for neglecting my weight loss goals for the past 2 months. I HATE that I have to work to lose the weight i had lost previously but im willing to do it. It's just a minor step back but I know I can recover!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote