Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Shells – Sorry to hear about the sick kiddo and your lack of sleep. However, I’m so happy to hear about your awesome lab work and your 9 pound loss in April!!!

Larry – You’re doing great!!

Stacy – You’ve got an exercised packed day today!

Road – I’m glad you’re back!! As for the comments, I say whaaatevaa! I’ve had some kind of rude comments too that about 20 pounds ago I looked “super thin!” What? I was NOT. I say get to where you feel comfortable. You started this journey for YOU!! @ your DH being concerned about your losing your “girls.” Silly men!

Novel – I’m so sorry my dear!!! Sadly, I think we all know that feeling and it sucks. BUT, you shouldn’t feel hopeless! You’re a smart, sweet, gorgeous girl and you’ll do just fine!! You keep on truckin’ pretty lady!!!

LLBold – Have fun studying!

Gaining – Today is a new day, I’m sure you’ll kick butt!!!

Diana - 146.8!!!
NEW LOW ALERT! 136.4!! Let's see if I can manage to have this weight stick...seems like after a new low I get cocky and start eating off plan. I have a paper to complete today and some more homework...yay. This weekend I was SO productive...basically cleaned an organized our WHOLE PLACE!! Go me! It looks lovely in here now. Anyways, hope y'all have a great, OP day!!!

This is my plan for today...

B – ½ c. EB 60, strawberry oatmeal 190 (250)
S – Yogurt 80
L – PB and J on wheat 220, applesauce 80 (300)
S – Banana 90
D – Oven barbecued chicken w/twice baked ranch potato 600
20 minutes HIIT (5 min warm up, 5 intervals (1 min run/sprint, 1 min jog x 5 = 10 mins total), 5 minute cool down)
Thighs/Legs – http://toneitup.com/blog/2010/12/bes...to-tone-it-up/
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #17  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Way to go, Lindsey! You are a cleaning, hard working, weight loss machine! Can you come do my house now?

Diana(LA)--Ugh, I'm starting to notice some loose skin as well. Enjoy weight lifting! I used to LOVE it.

LLBold--Good luck on your exams. I know you'll knock it out of the park!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #18  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ugh... I want to write so many personals, but I hopped on between appts. for today. Hugs to Novelista. Everyone else... soon!

My, down .2 and a busy week for me. I have to prepare a presentation about Croatia and write a speech about The Super Mom Conundrum. AND somehow get the garden in AND be a chaperone for a field trip (tomorrow). EEK!

I'm off!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Novelista--so sorry you are going through a sad time Hang in there!!

Roadbikerchick--I think your doctor will give you a good objective opinion. I think healthy weight is a RANGE...some people prefer a thinner look, some don't. But--if i were you--i wouldn't be offended, i would be pleased!

I was on plan on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Yesterday, i had planned a cheat, which turned into a binge. I was going to have a cheat meal again tonight but now i'm cancelling that. Weight is still 148.5 this morning so think i might be out of the 150s for good!!
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

roadbiker I say do what feels right to you. Some people don't get the understanding that some thoughts just don't need to come out of their mouths. They don't think about the shoe being on their foot and how those words would sound to them. Good idea on hearing what the doctor has to say.

YoYo good job on the 5lbs gone

shells I am so sorry to hear about the children, praying for healing soon and that you get to rip up that carpet more sooner than later Hope you got some rest. Glad you got a good bill of health. Congrats on the 9lbs gone for April

Melissa you have a lot to do, hang in there, whew

Larry your meals yesterday look good. I like the idea of lunch being the big meal of the day, it gets it out of the way some you don't feel so full in the evening Wish the weather would warm up here for good. It was pretty chilly yesterday

Wow Stacy your workout makes me tired just looking at it. You go GIRL!

Breanne sorry about the breakup, hopefully you'll feel better soon and May will have you smiling again And ditto on what Diana said.
Diana you're so sweet

Hi DianaLA for a good weigh in

shells and Lindsey ...I agree with you both on the comments people make. (shaking my head at them)

Lindsey congrats on your new low. Your meals for today look like a meal plan for me minus the oatmeal (texture issue) . I love getting ideas from here but what is EB?

surfer congrats on getting out of the 150's

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm moving yesterday's entry over to this thread because I think I did so well

Breakfast
smoothie = light vanilla ice cream, light strawberry & peach yogurt, almond milk and vanilla whey protein powder, low sodium V8

Lunch
tuna w/light mayo and relish and 4 saltines, whole wheat sandwich thin w/cinnamon, and brussel sprouts

Snack
medium red apple and later a bag of honey cashews

Dinner
salmon, green beans, 1/2 biscuit and a little baked potato w/spray butter

Totals for 5/1
calories 1556 maybe a little more
86ozs of water
exercise treadmill 18:46 minutes, 1 mile burned 126 caloies

not the greatest but better than I've been
- - - - - - - - - -

Now my good news I am down 3.8lbs from yesterday to 177.6. I did my normal on off the scale and the number stayed me

Today I've only had my smoothie. I'm gonna have a turkey and cheese with Romaine on a Flatout, apple sauce and I'm thinking something else with this for lunch just don't know what yet

Have an OP day ALL
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #21  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

The jello shots...

Last edited by Sum38; 05-02-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #22  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so I'm feelin' pretty bummed out about my weekend and bad choices. Don't know why I'm just now feelin' bad about it. I know I'm back on track now.......GEEZ I hate when I do this.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #23  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Glad to see a lot of the same people that responded to my inquiries about the wedding i went to this weekend! Feel much better that i can thank you all again for the suggestions and the support.

I know it is a new week but i kind of want to recap a bit on what went on for me near the end of last week to possible reassure that i made some smart decisions?! (i will gladly admit that they were not all the best..)

I got sick around wednesday evening so thats why i havent really been checking in. I barely ate on thursday or friday which isnt great but i managed half a sandwich on thursday on a roll and a flat bread sandwich with ham and cheese on friday and that was pretty much it!!! I was below goal monday-wednesday though. Saturday was the wedding and i guess this is what i'm looking to get some feedback on. Like i said before, this is the first time i consciously was trying to make decisions about staying in control while out at an event with friends and i honestly think i did pretty good...

Didnt eat in the morning. Had a medium iced coffee but it was on the go so i'm sure there was a lot of sugar (i dont do this often so i know its not the best). We got to the cocktail hour at 3pm. We had some veggies (no dip!) and fruits. Just a couple pieces of each. Then had some 2 mini crab cakes, like the size of a quarter or so... one piece bruchetta, 2 crackers with cheese and pepperoni. Overall i think i kept the snacking to a minimum because i know i couldve done WAY worse!

Dinner was at about 5. I had the stuffed sole, it did have a creamy sauce on it. There were 2 small pieces i ate like maybe one whole piece. I kind of picked at it, trying to avoid alot of the sauce. Ate about 3 carrots, 3 pieces of broccoli, 3 bits of potatos... and then i was STUFFED! i was in shock. I wanted to eat the whole thing because it was so good but i just couldnt eat another bite! Proudest moment of the evening was with the cake. I had 3 bites of cake and only one of them had frosting on it! (I was still stuffed from dinner). It was good but i was fulfilled with just having a taste of it! Very proud. Then we did a lot of dancing and burned a lot of it off!

Negatives of the evening: All i drank besides water was cranberry juice and vodka. Best i could do considering the choices and what i like to drink... Completely went the wrong direction there. Had quite a few glasses of that so im sure it was NOT GOOD for me! And that at about midnight i had half of a grilled chicked wrap with lettuce and bacon and mayo... Late night snacks with friends, need to not do that.

Overall i think it was a success. Hopefully my bad choices didnt outway my good. I am looking forward to a very successful week this week and finding out the outcome of this weekend on the scale tomorrow morning. But, i would greatly appreciate some feedback and then i'll be moving on from it!

Thanks!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #24  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
The jello shots...

WOW!!!! I want to know in detail how you did that! And a great photo!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

They are so easy and so pretty.

1 packet of orange jello.
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup orange flavored vodka.

Boil water, mix it with jello powder add vodka.

In a mean time cut oranges in halves, carve out all pulp. Fill each half with jello mix, place it fridge for 5 + hours.

Cut each half in 3 slices.

I placed a few chocolate covered strawberries on platter amongst the shots.

They were a HUGE hit, plus adults were making funny smiley faces with their orange slices as their teeth
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

DTermined: Sounds to me like you did good at the wedding. Congrats.

DianaLa: I know how bummed I feel when I make bad food choices. Pick yourself up and start fresh today! You'll feel better for doing that!

Sum: Those jello shots look yummy!

Love2B: Down 3 POUNDs!!! Wow! WHOOSH!

Surfergirl: No gain after a binge? You are a lucky girl!

Berry: I like it when I have so much to do... it makes the day go by so fast and I don't wonder about my next meal all day long!

Lindsey: Congrats on your new low! Great job!

Shells: Watermelon is a fruit that I crave a lot. I wonder what's in it that my body wants so much?? I hate the comments about weight loss being easy too. Drives me crazy! Hope the kiddos are feeling better.

LLBold: Good luck on those exams!

Still sending HUGS to Novel.

---------------------------------------

I worked out so hard this morning: squats (with my trainer pushing the weights down on me as I was trying to push them up), Dead lifts, Walking lunges with 20 pounds in each hand, hamstrings.... ugh and that was AFTER spin class. I am going to soak in the tub and then rest for a bit this afternoon.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #27  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My pretty baby on her prom day; just had to share.

DSC_7218.jpg
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #28  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Stacy; Did you see the surgeon? I may have missed that post. If you did what did he say?

One of the moms from school had a reduction done, and she swears by it. She says her posture is better, clothes fit better.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #29  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Lindsay WooHoo!!! And no you won't. I won't let you

DTermined I think you did fine. Social functions are so hard...sometime I feel I should just take a break and focus on weightloss....but I love my friends Life is too short.

Novelista
HUG!!

Shells
Sorry about your baby My GF was feeling rundown and her bloodwork showed her vitamin levels low; she feels like a new person on supplements.

Last edited by Sum38; 05-02-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #30  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Kristina and Stacy,

Thanks! I really felt good about how i did i just wanted some reassurance i guess For the first time i was actually less focused on food and more focused on having a good time. And in turn it actually worked in my favor. The food wasnt the star of the show. I was actually too busy taking pictures and wanting to dance and have a good time that we barely sat down to eat dinner let alone over eat! It was a great time and im glad i was able to do it without losing all control!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote