Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #136  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Larry You always ignore me This girls is starting to feel insecure....chopped liver....but those are good with onions

Last edited by Sum38; 05-04-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Larry You always ignore me This girls is starting to feel insecure....
Sum, Kristina

Forgive me please I surely don't want to ignore you You have always been one of my greatest supporters and inspiration.

Must be this oldtimers disease that I have heard about.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #138  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone

Just dropping in quickly to say hey and post my menu. Busy busy day. Working from home, so I can wrap up a big project. No distractions here, well except for my little fur baby but that is ok, she justs wants a pat on the head every now and then and she's happy hehe Hoping I can get everything done.

I also have some important errands to run, renewing my health card and following up on my Canadian citizenship application, lot's of fun

Here is my plan for the day Weds 5/4/2011

B - Grilled "Cheese" Sandwich - made with soy butter & soy cheese + 1 grapes + 1/2 cup choc. almond milk +

L - 6 inch veggie sub on whole wheat w/ veggie bolongna, soy cheese & veganaise + 1 bag sea salt & malt vinegar Miss Vickie's + Coke

D - Homemade Jambalaya - brown rice, seitan (wheat gluten), beans and lots of veggies

Drinking: At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
I feel so heartbroken but the more I talk about this relationship the more I realize that I gave a lot and received a lot less. Also, I realize more that the issues did cause me more stress than happiness, so I'm conflicted. Is talking to someone new so soon very unhealthy?
Jumping into a new relationship so soon isn't healthy, but going on a casual date is fine and a GOOD idea, in my opinion. Maybe not TOMORROW, haha, but if he asks you out plan it for a week from now, when you've gotten a little more distance.

_____

SOMEONE MAKE ME STUDY. The exam is tomorrow, I know enough to get at least a B, but I really need to take some of the professor's old exams to get that A- I was hoping for ... but. no. motivation.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #140  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Aww, thanks Larry! I'm glad ya'll are stuck with me, too!!

berryblondeboys, yes, I took the fluid pill, but I don't think it helped much because it didn't make me go to the bathroom hardly at all yesterday...which I guess is a good thing....maybe I'm not retaining as much as I figured I would? If I have a GREAT week this week, I'll probably weigh without it next Tuesday.....if I can get the nerve up to do that. lol

I saw 199.8 this morning again in my pj's. I was happy about that. I'm hoping for a major swoosh this week. Hope I get it! I need it to help make up for the week I'm having. We had the conference with my DD's teacher this morning....she's definitely being held back next year. Teacher is filling out the form to test for A.D.D. and we'll go from there. My heart is broken. Teacher went on and on about how my DD is so loving and sweet and not a behavior problem AT ALL. She said my DD hugs her EVERY day and tells her she loves her. She just has trouble focusing. She's actually passing (making C's) she just can't stay focused. It's literally breaking my heart. Hard to watch, feeling completely helpless, your child go thru something like this. And to have to come to work and deal with Mr. IRS audit man again....I'm feeling very resentful about not being able to just concentrate on my DD right now, but instead I have to focus on Mr. audit man.

Anyway, DH and I were talking this morning and I asked him if he realized what all had happened in my life this year......this is the FIRST year that I handled ALL OF our business' end of year stuff (from '10) with NO HELP (which is major since my education is in nursing, NOT business), got my house packed up (10 years worth) and moved into another house (and all that goes along with that...transferring utilities, house closing, changing addresses with everyone, etc), got ready for our FIRST EVER tax audit--all by myself, now dealing with holding DD back and having her diagnosed with possible ADD--all the while, I've lost 34 lbs so far this year! I have shown a loss EVERY SINGLE week this year. No WONDER I'm ready for a vacation!!! I'm thinkin' I'll be glad when 2011 is O-V-E-R!! lol

Gotta go work!! UGH!!! Have a GREAT on target day everyone!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey all,

I am just updating you. I am graduating RN school. I am very happy that i got through this. However, i am having MAJOR issues with my SO. He is threatening to leave me because I believe 10 years ago, i heard from God what to name this baby, and I am not backing down. I think it's a really crappy thing to do since i am sitting here with hospital bracelets on waiting to go in to voluntarily to have a c-section to get the baby out---and I know how hard that is on your body, and I just got through a grueling week of finals.

I am heartbroken, sad and depressed. I really need prayer. I probably WILL not be able to update you right away about the baby and stuff. I am not sure i want SO there or his family there...and that breaks my heart too.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #142  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ok, call me naive... how is fluid pill connected with blood pressure? You you retain water when pressure is high?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #143  
Fat to Fab and Fit

And does it interfere with your water intake and hydration?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #144  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post

I saw 199.8 this morning again in my pj's. I was happy about that. I'm hoping for a major swoosh this week. Hope I get it! I need it to help make up for the week I'm having. We had the conference with my DD's teacher this morning....she's definitely being held back next year. Teacher is filling out the form to test for A.D.D. and we'll go from there. My heart is broken. Teacher went on and on about how my DD is so loving and sweet and not a behavior problem AT ALL. She said my DD hugs her EVERY day and tells her she loves her. She just has trouble focusing. She's actually passing (making C's) she just can't stay focused. It's literally breaking my heart. Hard to watch, feeling completely helpless, your child go thru something like this. And to have to come to work and deal with Mr. IRS audit man again....I'm feeling very resentful about not being able to just concentrate on my DD right now, but instead I have to focus on Mr. audit man.

Anyway, DH and I were talking this morning and I asked him if he realized what all had happened in my life this year......this is the FIRST year that I handled ALL OF our business' end of year stuff (from '10) with NO HELP (which is major since my education is in nursing, NOT business), got my house packed up (10 years worth) and moved into another house (and all that goes along with that...transferring utilities, house closing, changing addresses with everyone, etc), got ready for our FIRST EVER tax audit--all by myself, now dealing with holding DD back and having her diagnosed with possible ADD--all the while, I've lost 34 lbs so far this year! I have shown a loss EVERY SINGLE week this year. No WONDER I'm ready for a vacation!!! I'm thinkin' I'll be glad when 2011 is O-V-E-R!! lol

Gotta go work!! UGH!!! Have a GREAT on target day everyone!!
First, I am glad that you can look at this year and see all the things you have ACCOMPLISHED. Stressed you out, but you DID IT!

Second, I have a son who has VERY Strong ADHD. We got him tested at a clinic here in the DC area. First, we just went to a psychiatrist - the guy gave him pills, asked to see him in a month. His diagnosis was based on a 15 minute talk? And a month later talked with us for 5 minutes? I don't think so. Didn't feel right, so then I went through this clinic who gets parent interview/questionaires, teacher questionaires and then uses 4-5 different tests to come up with a diagnosis and then a formal treatment plan. THEN, and only then did I feel OK with the diagnosis.

The bad news is that for most kids, it's for life. They oftentimes learn how to live with it, but it's just how their brain works. However, this isn't all bad. Kids and adults with ADHD/ADD are creative, great 'out of the box' thinkers and can grow up to be very successful. THey just need a secretary at work and a spouse at home who is more organized than they are. Sure, they learn some skills to cope with their ADHD, but they will always have the problem associated with it.

My son, before his diagnosis was getting Cs and Ds in class. Even after his diagnosis, he was getting Cs - pulling them up from Ds. He got As on exams, but would forget to turn in his homework and if it's late - it doesn't count.

We got him an IEP and now he gets a one day extension (though he rarely needs it now). He was in a full time gifted and talented program while getting those Cs and Ds, but they didn't feel he should be bumped out.

Now, in 9th grade, he's gotten a 3.5 and up all year and all his classes are the top level. He could have a 4.0 if it wasn't for occasional homework messups or not going over the test for silly mistakes (like forgetting problems?), but he was a DISASTER and now he's doing great. ADHD/ADD is not a prescription for failure. It just means she needs more help to succeed.

I think what you are really facing with your daughter is the realization that she isn't perfect. That she has some things she needs to work on. Reality is though, no child remains perfect. We all have something we wish would be better. I know sometimes I look at new parents and think, "Man, they are still in that age of innocence, when every possibility is open in their eyes to their son or daughter - he/she could be an astronaut, president, the best scientist in the world or a professional baseball player. Soon enough they'll have to face their children's limitations. EIther they will be a klutz, so pro athlete is out, or they hate math, so scientist is out, or they have anxiety and being an astronaut is out." Every parent hits that point of realization that their child will not be the next wonder of the world, but it doesn't mean they will be a failure in life. Just means they have a more narrow path to take, which is a good thing in ways - too many options make it hard to decide what to do! And ADD/ADHD is NOT that limiting for a career/happiness in life factor.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #145  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Lacey: My niece is right there with you in nsg school! She has the final to go and she has become very weary from studying! Hang in there! The light is nearer than you think!

Larry: Ii I even turned on a sprinkler, my neighbors would prob. have me committed to the insane asylum! WTG on the loss!! You're doing great!

Novel: I think I agree with Lacey on the going out question. You do need time to heal and focus on Breanne again.

Linds: You are SO close now!!! Do it

Lauren: Have you always been vegan? If not, how did you make the switch?

Stacy: You're a POWERHOUSE!!! So GREEN with envy for your motivation and exercise regimen!

Melissa: Sorry you didn't sleep well. I woke up with a headache this a.m. I hate when I do this, b/c I have to eat something to take a Goody's Cool Orange before it goes away. Good luck with the projects you're working on WTG with your loss!!! I think you can make your goal by Mother's Day!

Jo: I am currently looking for a great protein powder to make my own protein bars. I don't know anything about the different brands. It is a bit overwhelming to me. I would like one low carb/sugar, 20-30g protein, and from a reputable protein source that is absorbed by the body. The one I considered (Nutek) is only sold at a certain shops and the closest one is 4 hours from me I'll keep looking!

DianaLA: At least you didn't have a 5.6 gain for April! AND more importantly, you are choosing NOT TO QUIT!!! That's the MOST important aspect, imo!
for your loss!

I forgot I never posted my plan from Mon. or Tues. ((unacceptable)) This IS an accountability group, right

Monday
I did so bad
Cals: 1827, including 2 glasses of Merlot and Chilis for dinner
Exercise from work: 355 cals

Tuesday
Back on plan
Cals 1673 cals
500 cals (loving my Polar FT50)

So, a personal trainer reviewed my diet journal on My Fitness Pal and her recommendations were so OBVIOUS! I don't know why I didn't see the most obvious one! I eat VERY LITTLE fiber! I put up my daily fiber intake in the place of the "sugar" tab and where you are supposed to have like 30 g of fiber a day--some days I have 8-10!! WOW! NOT GOOD. So, I am making yet another round of adjustments to my diet to add more veggies and incorporate some fruit. I think I have been focusing too much on decreasing my carb intake and increasing the protein too much! I promise, the last time I did this, I just ate and ran. It was NOT NEAR this technical!

I sure do hope Jen is ok. We haven't heard from her and there's no doubt she had the baby already.

Hi Rennie
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #146  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Ok, call me naive... how is fluid pill connected with blood pressure? You you retain water when pressure is high?
Some doctors prescribe fluid pills, others do not. Even when my pressure was sky high, I didn't take a water pill. The idea is, less water/fluid in your system, less ability to raise the pressure in the veins. (I think that's right).
Old 05-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #147  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

So, a personal trainer reviewed my diet journal on My Fitness Pal and her recommendations were so OBVIOUS! I don't know why I didn't see the most obvious one! I eat VERY LITTLE fiber! I put up my daily fiber intake in the place of the "sugar" tab and where you are supposed to have like 30 g of fiber a day--some days I have 8-10!! WOW! NOT GOOD. So, I am making yet another round of adjustments to my diet to add more veggies and incorporate some fruit. I think I have been focusing too much on decreasing my carb intake and increasing the protein too much! I promise, the last time I did this, I just ate and ran. It was NOT NEAR this technical!

I sure do hope Jen is ok. We haven't heard from her and there's no doubt she had the baby already.
Jen just checked in - baby is imminent - look above - she's stressed.

And yep, fiber is sneaky. I get a LOT of my fiber from apples (a great source of fiber) green leafies, and protein bars.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #148  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Hey all,

I am just updating you. I am graduating RN school. I am very happy that i got through this. However, i am having MAJOR issues with my SO. He is threatening to leave me because I believe 10 years ago, i heard from God what to name this baby, and I am not backing down. I think it's a really crappy thing to do since i am sitting here with hospital bracelets on waiting to go in to voluntarily to have a c-section to get the baby out---and I know how hard that is on your body, and I just got through a grueling week of finals.

I am heartbroken, sad and depressed. I really need prayer. I probably WILL not be able to update you right away about the baby and stuff. I am not sure i want SO there or his family there...and that breaks my heart too.
Jen, I'm sorry things are difficult for you right now, but I can understand your SO feeling excluded in this name choice too. It's 'both' of your child and you choice it - and chose it before this baby was even conceived... before you even met SO maybe? Just try to see it from his eyes too.

But yes, threatening to leave NOW is crappy - when you need support the most.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #149  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

First off, HOLY COW, LACEY!!!!!!!!!!! That bikini is super cute!!! You look amazing in it!

Diana(LA): I think your weigh in was great. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing amazing! Sorry to hear about DD. She sounds like such a wonderful girl!

Jo: I make meatloaf muffins too!!!!! We call the Meatloaf Cupcakes!

Stac: I wouldnt freak about the 2lbs. I am certain it's because you've stepped up your game with the workouts. Stick with it and drink that water. You'll whoosh back down in no time.

linds: Closer and closer everyday!!!! Yay you!!

Novelista: I'm sorry youre going thru a breakup. It doesn't hurt to talk to someone new. No expectations. Just talking. You'll get through this.

Jendiet: take care of you and that little one!!!! I am so sorry about your SO. I'm hoping that it's just nerves on his part. "crossed: Can't wait for your update on you and baby. Please take care!!!!!

Killed it at the gym yesterday. ran for 35 mins! It was amazing. I burned about 450ish. Pilates tonight and nothing tomorrow - I have a coffee date LOL

Going to decorate my son's room with some awesome guitar pictures I bought over the weekend. He will be so excited when he sees it!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Hey all,

Jen,

You and your baby will be kept in my prayers. I hope your issues with your SO are resolved to what is best for you and soon to be new baby. Threatening to leave you over a name for the baby seems very immature to be.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote