Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

exactly as long as you think it and dont let it show on your face or say it~! haha its ok :P
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Since focusing on losing weight I have definitely been a bit more up front with my parents about their diets/drinking. I know I shouldn't, and I have stopped saying anything now because it caused a few tiffs - but they got the message. My Mum has just convinced my Dad to go on a diet, and by diet she means stop drinking so much and snacking. He's a boredom/habit eater, and he just watches TV and hits the cupboards for snacks.

My Mum tries SO hard to lose weight. Since I can remember she's been trying, but she drinks wine over the weekend and it just ruins all her hard work. My Dad wasn't helping, he'd always top up her glass and if he saw it empty he would immediately get up to get her more. I talked to him about it and said that you should be more supportive of her, and he never realised that he was affecting her progress to losing the weight. But he's taken that on board, which I'm happy about.

So on the one hand while I was a bit judgemental and spoke out loud about it, it was purely out of love. I don't want to see my parents die of heart attacks or get health problems. I didn't say anything just because I felt like I was superior and they should do what I'm doing because I'm so awesome. But I'm happy now that I've got through to them - at a stage where I stopped saying anything at all!

As for strangers, I honestly only think "oh dear..." when I see a morbidly obese person pigging out on unhealthy food. But hey ho, it's all down to individual happiness - if they are perfectly content then who am I to judge? If I see a bigger person exercising, it motivates me more!! I swear the amount of times I've been running and felt like giving up but then I think of the Biggest Loser contestants and I get an energy boost!

Also, the only time I'll ever look down on people is if I see an obese family. Fair enough if the parents got that way, but it's unfair on the children to feed them up and treat them like they're adults and give them the same food they eat. It's just projecting their unhappiness on their children who don't know any better, I think that's a bit cruel.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #18  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

When I notice someone who is overweight I think to myself, “I wish I was her size again so I could go eat that Big Mac and large fry without much consequence since losing weight was not a goal of mine at the time.”. Then I snap myself out of it and remember that I feel 100% better in my body than stuffing a Big Mac into it.

But when I notice someone who is smaller and at the size I wanna be, I do get a twinge of jealousy. I compare myself to her in every possible way. Then I try and find the faults she has that I don’t! I hope one day I’ll just be comfortable being ME!

Last edited by ShanIAm; 05-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #19  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
When I notice someone who is overweight I think to myself, “I wish I was her size again so I could go eat that Big Mac and large fry without much consequence since losing weight was not a goal of mine at the time.”. Then I snap myself out of it and remember that I feel 100% in my body than stuffing a Big Mac into it.
This!!!! Sometimes I wish for my fat days (it usually lasts about 5 minutes) where I'm like omg gimme a papa john's pizza and 3 brownies and a coke.

That is something I would have eaten without a second thought before I took my weight and health seriously.

Also, on another point about judging, I can never tell how big or small I am compared to other people. Seriously, cannot. However, I can shop for tops and pants without trying things on because I know whether or not things will fit me. WEIRD!! I do this all the time, rarely have to return things.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #20  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

I will admit I have become much more judgmental. Like another poster mentioned, I see people eating junk and think to myself "Hm, there lies the problem." However, I do keep these thoughts to myself except for the occasional word to my boyfriend. One of my pet peeves is overweight families. Children are incredibly resilient and I feel so bad for the ones that already have the up hill battle with weight. Not to mention the poor eating habits.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #21  

It's only normal to see others as more fatter or slimmer accordingly to the weight we have at that given moment
carmencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

I think being on the college scene has made me more aware of how un-appealing my body type is. I see other girls and I'm always wishing my body could get to that level. Sometimes it's a motivator and other times it makes me a little depressed. I've been meeting my goals, it's just the getting their that really takes a toll on me. I'm not judgemental, but when I do see a bigger girl, I wonder if she has the same feelings as me or if she cares about her weight or how she deals with it....
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote