Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Need support!

I started this journey in October and since then have lost 96 pounds and 7 pant sizes. The time has flown by so fast and Im happier than ever now. This whole time it hasnt been a struggle at all and just has become a way of life. At holidays or special events Ive had no urge to cheat and have stayed right on track even when others try to get me to "just splurge" and say "it wont kill you to go off track for one day". I wasnt even tempted. Well then Easter came and I had the whole family over at my house. I got to eat everything that they ate, just a healthy version of it- that actually tasted the same. So now Im left with leftovers sitting right there in my face. Pies, cakes, cookies, and all the other goods. I cant throw them out because others in my Family will eat them, but its so hard seeing it and knowing that its there! Even when I walk away its still tempting. Its the worst feeling! What really worries me is that for the past 6 months Ive had no urge or wishing I could have it and now suddenly I do. Its making me worry that Im getting weak or something. How could I go from a stone wall to food temptations and block it all out without a second thought to this?

I need some support and thoughts on this. Is this normal?
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I would probably throw it out if the temptation is too much, if you can't give it away. I noticed you are 4lbs from goal - as a maintainer, I can say that reaching goal is when a lot of people start to slip, not sure why, but it does happen. You can get through this. Good luck!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #3  

Oh I have to add....
I am nearly at my goal of losing a total of 100 lbs and these last 4 lbs seem impossible! Not that I cant do it, or that its even taking forver it just seems like theres no excitement. Ive been excited every step of the way so why did it just shut off when Im almost to 100 lbs? I was more excited about the 100 when I had 17 pounds to go and then 7 pounds to go then now. It just feels like another number when really I should be proud of myself. Im guessing this feeling is probably because for the past week and a half Ive pretty much stayed the same weight or up or down a pound. Im used to a steady loss not fluctuations on the scale. Ive come too far to give up so I came here to those who understand.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #4  

I was writing that before I read your reply. Im glad to know Im not the only one when nearing a goal!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #5  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

gypsy-please know that you're not alone! I don't have advice, just hugs for you. I am 5 lbs. from goal myself, and losing 100 lbs. as well and suddenly the joy has been sucked out of the whole thing.

This is where the real work begins for me. I have always been able to lose weight without much ordeal really, but maintaining is something that has eluded me, until now. I desperately want to reach maintenance. I have to make it happen. Only we can.

Best wishes to you. I'm right there with you.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think for a lot of people losing weight in the beginning is pretty easy. It's exciting and you get swept up in it. I know that's been the case it my past weight loss attempts. Eventually that feeling fades, and it sounds like you've made it really far before the slog of doing it even though you're not excited about it set in.

As for what to do about all the goodies, I called my husband and asked him to hide the jelly beans. I couldn't throw them out. I couldn't bring them to work, because I'd probably be the one to eat them there. Hiding worked. I probably could find them if I tried hard enought, but knowing they're not RIGHT THERE helps. Cakes and cookies are harder to hide but it still might work.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

You are doing an amazing job. Just remember moderation if you partake in eating the food. If you feel like you need to throw it out, I would.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #8  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Gosh, this losing weight thing is such a learning experience, isn't it?! Apparently you are coming to a new chapter entitled "How To Stay Excited About Weight Loss/Healthy Lifestyle Once the Reward of Seeing the Pounds Fall Off is Gone". You certainly figured out how to get a plan together and lose weight! So there is no doubt in my mind you will find the answer to (what I hear) is the more difficult piece of the puzzle. Make sure to post the tricks and tips you figure out along the way, 'cause I'm going to need them in a little bit here!

Edit: Oh, yeah, and send those pies, cakes, and cookies to work with your hubs or something. I hear that you have a pretty strong resolve, but for heaven's sake, anyone can get weak in the sight of great amounts of that stuff! I'm not one to say "clear the house of everything remotely tempting", because my family still has their treats around often and I'm usually fine with it. But if it's working at you, just get rid of it!

Last edited by shannonmb; 04-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your weight loss Gypsy. You have done an amazing thing for your health. You deserve a pat on the back, a big giant hug...not cookies!

Getting to goal, or even major milestones were anticlimactic for me as well. Oh sure it was great to be there, but I knew the work wasn't over...that it would never be over if I were to STAY at goal.

It's HARD. THe hardest thing I have ever done. Staying the same weight is absolutely hard work. It's so hard, that hardly anyone ever actually does it. Like a small handful of people accomplish it.

Looking at, smelling, even tasting goodies is a nightmare for me. Every time I resist crap I feel good, when I don't, I feel bad. I have no moderation button, and the stop button is broken. So, 90% of the time I suffer though the temptation and try to avoid sugar at all costs. On the occasions that I give in, there have been major spikes on the scale, and I end up feeling physically and mentally ill. I remind myself of that every time I'm tempted. It sucks, really it does, but it's the cards I've been dealt.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 04-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote