Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #91  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
GUESS WHAT I HAVE??????
............. ..............
Awesome!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Dtermined: I think 1650 is a great place to start. Congratulations! You have to exercise. Think of it as part of the job that you have right now. Even when I don’t want to exercise I go and 10-12 minutes into it I am glad I am there. If you are consistent and go everyday it gets so much easier. Try to go EVERY DAY (Monday through Saturday) even if just 20 minutes.

Still: I am glad the suggestions helped with you little one. I know how miserable the coughs can be. I don’t have a problem keeping my calories up. I eat a lot of protein, a greek yogurt everyday. Are you hungry at all? If you aren’t hungry I wouldn’t eat more just b/c you are supposed to. 1153 is close enough to 1200. The cardio might make you a bit more hungry.

Berry: I have been at the same mark (or above) for two weeks too! POOP! I am just ending TOM and I usually lose after that so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I love todays heron picture, too. SO funny in the exact same spot! You have a walking buddy!

Diana: I am sorry the scale was up…but if I know you it’ll be back where it needs to be quickly!

Zoodoo: Hope your knees feel better soon! I do internittant maintenance with out trying!

DianaLA: How’d the weigh in go?

Shells: Cashews are a much better choice then chocolate bunnies! That is hilarious about that lady! I get that response a lot. People want you to tell them you have a magic pill that makes you lose weight!

K9: If you are going to weigh try to do it at the same time everyday. I always count my first in the morning weigh. Right when I wake up and naked. If you are at a consistent time you don’t see all those wild fluctuations. CONGRATULATIONS on earning your TICKER! It’s cute!

Novel: Do you need new batteries in your scale again??? It is maddening getting from the 180s to the 170s. That is why I am working so hard this week. I read in another thread several ladies having trouble from 180 to 170. Maybe it really is physiological. Try extra cardio.

Vixsin: anyday of running is an accomplishment. Sometimes I think of running-- but I just can’t gear myself up to do it!

Jo: Good for you to pound on your treadmill. It had to make you feel a little better? I hate to read that you are having a hard time now, too. I was struggling, too… but sticking to our programs is so important. Don’t let your broken computer throw you off… there will always be something… we have to learn to adjust. Please don’t quit, Jo. Let me be there to help you through this. We have to keep each other doing this!

LLBold: What about hummus. My sister makes it from scratch. Great workout!

------------------------

I FINALLY WIEGHED BACK IN AT 178 THIS MORNING. I was so relieved and happy. So far I am on plan today and I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes with my trainer...

speaking of whom... I am getting irritable with my trainer and I don't know why. we have been working out 3 times a week since October and we usually have a really good relationship. I usually really like him but I feel like he's picking on me or something. I feel like he is making me do things I don't like to do just because I don't like it. Everytime he says 5 more I do 5 more and he says I only did 4 more and he makes me do one more. Somedays I just want to workout and I don't want to be chatty... but, I think he is just making small talk to fill the time. I go in the gym and I am happy until I workout with him. He's making me grumpy. THis was like our 3 workout in a row that I was irritated by him... I even yelled at him last week. Anyway... I almost feel like taking a break from working out with him. I'm not sure how to work all the machines but I think I might be able to get some good workouts on my own. What do you think?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #93  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Gloria

Thank you! haha you are right. i am being lazy and putting it on the back burner. Tomorrow i have no excuse i will be working out for an hour tomorrow morning before work no matter what! i have penciled it in for tomorrow and thursday! and then i will work out friday night and saturday morning before i get ready for the wedding. i might be tired but i know it will be worth it! thanks for the boost, i need to just do it and not put it off anymore!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Thanks Lindsey for the link and Stacey for the suggestion ... I had totally forgot that there was this Hungry Girl hummus recipe I wanted to try! Its about 50 cals per 1/4 cup which is amazing!

Here is the link if you're interested - http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/show/1898
Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTerminedOne1219 View Post
Soo i'm having a hard time getting in the exercise this week.. i know its only tuesday but its been a hectic week already. I have my best friend's wedding on saturday and still didnt have a dress to wear until today finally. I HATE DRESS SHOPPING!!! A little bummed at the size i ended up buying but i swear it doesnt look as big as the tag says. Either way its just a number i suppose and eventually it will be smaller. Looks like i wont start running until sunday, and maybe i'll be able to start zumba this week. Have to work 10:30am-9pm the rest of the week, still need to fit in the nail appointment with my friend friday morning.. I dont want to cop out but i do need to sleep at some point.... So maybe not a bad thing if i dont start the exercise plan until monday? I'll stay on plan with calories this week (even saturday aside from a couple drinks). but i REALLY wanted to be motivated to kick it into gear this week... I'm afraid i'll get back into the "i'll start on monday" but monday never comes, vicious cycle... already off to a bad start with food today...thoughts?
If you're feeling bad about not getting exercise in, maybe get up 30 minutes earlier and go for a quick walk. If you're short on time take any exercise you can get. If you're swamped and can't go for a run or go to a zumba class, do what you can! I wouldn't put it off until Monday, I would try to fit in a walk or quick jog. I think it's easy to put it off and then not start.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post

I FINALLY WIEGHED BACK IN AT 178 THIS MORNING. I was so relieved and happy. So far I am on plan today and I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes with my trainer...

speaking of whom... I am getting irritable with my trainer and I don't know why. we have been working out 3 times a week since October and we usually have a really good relationship. I usually really like him but I feel like he's picking on me or something. I feel like he is making me do things I don't like to do just because I don't like it. Everytime he says 5 more I do 5 more and he says I only did 4 more and he makes me do one more. Somedays I just want to workout and I don't want to be chatty... but, I think he is just making small talk to fill the time. I go in the gym and I am happy until I workout with him. He's making me grumpy. THis was like our 3 workout in a row that I was irritated by him... I even yelled at him last week. Anyway... I almost feel like taking a break from working out with him. I'm not sure how to work all the machines but I think I might be able to get some good workouts on my own. What do you think?
Congrats on getting back to 178 and getting that workout in!!! As for your trainer, maybe you could take a break. I think you're certainly capable of getting a great workout in without him. I'm like you I don't like to be chatty when I'm concentrating on something...whether it being working out or work, etc.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #97  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

JO Try putting your hard drive in the freezer for a few minutes. My hubby who is an IT guy did that to my laptop and he managed to get enough "juice" to extract my into...
Old 04-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #98  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm really not trying to complain, but... we had like almost no days in the 60s and 70s. We jumped from 50s to upper 80s. It is so blasted hot! I just did a walk around the lake while picking up my son from school and I'm DRENCHED (and probably sunburned).

So, 3 miles done for today, 1 more mile and then upper body weights tonight. As an NSV, my husband was hugging me and had my arms and he was like, "Oh, yes, you are building up some muscle there!) Still buried under lots of fat, but I'm dewimping my upper body finally.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #99  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Berry Your lake is pretty. I think I should post a picture of the lake where I walk.

I fear that about our weather. We have been in the 50's, today was humid 70... but I fear we jump to high 80's as well. We need the adjustment period
Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #100  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Stacy; Congrats!! No gaining them back!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #101  

Quick post...

Stayed on plan fairly well today.

B – ½ c. EB 60, oatmeal 140, brown sugar 20, Greek yogurt 140 (360)
L – Chicken Parmesan w/ Spaghetti Squash 400
S – Banana 90, cashews 140 (230)
D – Chicken Pesto Panini 400
60 minute walk
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #102  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I have to make this really quick..tornado sirens are going off and I may loose power at any moment! (THIS STINKS!)

I was completely OP today and I decided to change MFP to reflect times instead of B, L, D, S. I think this will pinpoint when I eat,
what times my cravings are, and also keep me on track when I work! I will post my meals in time frames from this point on and see how this goes!!

MN-7a: --
7a-NOON: Luna Bar 180
NOON-3p: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Carrots/Hummus, Greek Yogurt 454
3p-7p: Luna Bar 180
7p-MIDNIGHT:BBQ Chicken Baked Potato, Pineapple 542
TOTAL: 1356

I am LOVING this Polar FT40. I think I have pinpointed my problem!!! My treadmill records exactly 100 cals MORE THAN I am actually burning!!!
I feel like I may be overestimating my Zumba cals too

EXERCISE:

TOTAL: 663

I did NOT do well in performance tonight at Zumba for a couple of reasons.
1. Fatigue from running 2 miles at 1230.
2. Tornadic episodes during the workout!!
3. I pulled a muscle last night at Cindy's Zumba class in my right hamstring doing a side leg kick. I felt it when I pulled it, but just continued.

Tomorrow is rest day from exercise, and I have put Biofreeze on it to relieve the discomfort.
I will put a little heat on it later in a bath of Village Naturals

If anyone needs some rain, pls let me know..I'll FEDEX u some!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #103  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I'm really not trying to complain, but... we had like almost no days in the 60s and 70s. We jumped from 50s to upper 80s. It is so blasted hot! I just did a walk around the lake while picking up my son from school and I'm DRENCHED (and probably sunburned).
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE--Send it SOUTH!!!!
I'll take 80, 90, 100+ over tornadoes and all this ANYDAY!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

OP Today!

Breakfast - Protein Shake - 200 cals
Lunch - Shirataki Noodles, Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce, Chicken - 300 cals
Snack - 2TB Peanut Butter - 200 cals
Dinner - Bison steak, Broccolli - 310 cals

Total - 1010 cals, 25 net carbs ... cals are low, trying to think of a bedtime snack that isn't carby ...

Workout - 2.0 miles ran, 10 minutes on the rowing machine, squats/arms, crunches, walked the dog in the morning.

_____

Staceygee... have you checked out any low-carb products sold online? Just wondering... I just bought Chocolite Protein bars which I've already have and love, but I also got two new thinks - some low-carb baking mix and some low carb oatmeal (butter pecan flavor... lots of good reviews!).

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 04-26-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I've been a little busy today. I wasn't able to come back to do personals.

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled Mahi 200 calories
Pita Bread 200 Calories
Fruit Cup 100 calories
Tzatzik 100 calories (I think I had about half this amount)
So delicious coconut milk ice cream 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 20
TLC Boxing w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 45 EZ
Closed Thread