Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Omg, omg, omg!!!! I just had to jump on here and share with you guys about my doctors appointment!!

So, we talked about why I'm feeling so run down all the time. He thinks it's because my body let go of so much weight so quickly and he thinks I probably have a vitamin D deficiency. Because of my vegetarian diet, he's having my thyroid checked and some other things like my iron levels, protein levels, liver function, ect.

Anyway, back to the OMG moment. He said he was so proud of me and how much weight I've lost. I asked him what he thought my final goal would be. He kinda frowned and said it was hard to say. He said they used to carry charts saying what size frame the person was, their height and where they should fall, but he said it's such a personal thing that they don't do that anymore. He glanced at my chart and said "Are you not happy at the weight your at? You look nice and healthy.". I think I almost fell off the exam table. I stumbled and stuttered a bit and said "Uh, don't you think my weight is still a bit high? I mean, I know I'm tall...maybe I'm focusing on a number too much?". He had me stand next to him (I'm as tall as he is) and said "Goodness, you ARE tall!". He looked back at his notes and said "Well, I definitely wouldn't go any lower than 175. Anything below that would be too skinny for you. You're not one of those small framed people with tiny bone structures. You actually have a large bone structure and are built sturdy. So, yeah, if you want to get down to 175, you can, but you don't have to."

I. was. floored. I've been thinking this entire time about how obese I still feel! Before I left the room, he called out to me. "You've done great! Congrats on being a healthy size.".

He called me healthy!!! I haven't been that in years!! I'm just over the moon right now.

So, I guess I'll change my ticker to 175, get down to that weight and then work on maintaining. I think I'll still work on firming up, but I won't worry about weightloss once I lose the last 15 pounds.

OMG...only 15lbs!! Ahhhhhh!!

Yay!
Shells,

Way to go!!

Larry,
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

Had a good day yesterday, despite what the scale says. It's back up to 210.2, the number I've seen 9 of the last 17 days. I think it might be in part swollen knees weight. They're sore!

And some point when I was losing really quickly I thought I might try intermittent maintenance along this journey. Guess my body thought it was a good idea!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #63  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Shells, OMG I am SOOOOOO excited for you! We both have had AWESOME Drs. appointments in the past week!!! Congrats!! I used to DREAD going to the Dr. because of the scales. Isn't it GREAT to actually kinda look forward to it? Reminds me.....I need to call and get the results of my bloodwork!!

My calories came in WAY low yesterday.....Nine hundred and something....around 950. Sodium was around 1700 mg. Still not GREAT but better than "normal." Having two eggs for breakfast done in a skillet sprayed with nonstick olive oil, lightly sprinkled with salt. Eggs keep me full for a while. Today is weigh in day for me. I am dreading like never before because of going off the fluid pill. And I have NO idea what I'm doing for lunch at work today. On a brighter note, the scales budged just a little bit this morning in the downward direction. Maybe things will start moving again?!?!

Gotta get ready for work. Have a GREAT day everyone! I'm gonna try coming back in later from work......have a lot to do today though. BOO.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #64  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Walked my son to school and then continued around the lake to get part 1 of my workout for the day done. And who should swoop down in front of me to land in the same spot as yesterday? Mr. Heron, of course!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #65  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana(LA)--Hey, I'm sooo excited FOR your weigh-in. I'm secretly hoping you'll get an amazing surprise say....ONDERLAND, or something?? Hey, I can hope for you.

Zoo--Yikes! Hope those knees feel better soon. Take good care of them.

Thanks, Larry! How are you feeling these days? Recovering well?

Diana--TTOM for me as well. Hopefully, once it leaves you'll be down those 2 pesky pounds.

Berry--Ugh, I get stuck around pre-ovulation, too. HATE that. Hoping for a whoosh for you soon! I'm so jealous of your lake, btw. I'd love to take a walk with you.

Still--I'm SO glad your ds slept better! I do the same thing when my kids are feeling better...I'm so worried about a return of the croup, I jump at every sound. Hopefully, tonight you'll get some better sleep.

DTerminedOne--That's what I try and remind myself...one day at a time. It doesn't matter what is in the past, I have control over this one moment in the present. It's always a new decision and can be a good one! Keep at it!

Stacy--Hey, if you're going to go a tad bit over, it might as well be cashews instead of junk food, right?

LLBold--LOVE your NSV, too! I can see why she thought that from your pictures. You look amazing!

jomatho--Ugh, that stinks so much! I wish we lived closer and I'd have my dh look at your computer. He's a programmer and works magic on computer issues.

Linds--Aw, thanks! Great job with the exercise and water intake!

K9Owner--How scary!! Those storms have definitely been severe down there. Stay safe!

Sum--Aw, thanks! You girls are the best. I have a hard time seeing it myself. I still see the girl that weighed 261lbs.

It's that TTOM, but I'm back down to my ticker weight, today. I haven't counted calories in a few weeks, but yesterday was a good OP day. I had my first funny "Wow, you lost a lot of weight! How did you do it??" comment the other day. When I replied "Well, I counted calories and exercised" the woman said "Oh.", rolled her eyes and sighed. The conversation ended there.

Also, with all the sickness and travel the last few weeks, I forgot to tell you guys that I went to the hair dressers to get my bangs trimmed (remember I cut them myself?). Well, I HATED what she did with my hair!! My bangs were thick and short. It's grown out a bit now and I think I'm liking it now. But, for a while there, I mourned my uneven bangs.

Last edited by shellsbrood; 04-26-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #66  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm not sure if this is a good morning yet or not, so I'll just say "a morning!"
IDK if the sky can rain anymore!!! Our entire region is a soggy mess UGH!
DH and I own land in Arkansas along a river, which flooded for the 3rd time in 3 yrs---along with my backyard!! April typically brings a
nature-made swimming pool to me--LOVELY!

Since I am so many days behind, personals will happen later. As for me, the weekend foodwise was awful for me, but Monday DID prove better!
I bought 3 lb weights for Zumba--yeah, it's an orchestrated dance class, but there r 3-4 songs where they can benefit me. I also received my Polar FT40 yesterday and today will be my first time to actually know how many cals I put down with Bridget
My friend gave me a Protein Plus bar and I ate it yesterday before Zumba--OMGosh at the energy I had!!! It was fabulous!! I've never eaten one of those.
I didn't tire at all during the entire hour!

I totally cheated and got on the scale everyday since Saturday! HOW DEPRESSING!! Some days I'm up 3 or 4 lbs, the next day I'm back down. Such a roller coaster!!

I read that you were supposed to eat most of the cals you burn during workouts when you get close to goal. Does anyone know this?

I think I'm going to join some of the rest of you with the "post the plan the night before" That way I don't have to think about what I'm having for tomorrow.
I am also thinking I am going to do the IF thing, b/c of my work schedule--I'm usually NOT hungry between 7am and noon. We'll see.

Plan today:
L: Grilled Chicken Salad
S: Greek Yogurt
D: Smoked Turkey, Broccoli, Sauteed Mushrooms
**Try to stay dry!!!

((soon 2b de-escalating ticker)) HA
Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #67  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

For a while, I had to wear my bangs in a clip. But, now I think it's ok? Thoughts (sorry the 2nd picture is so small)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meagain.jpg (16.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 0328111419 (360x500).jpg (97.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Berry, what a wonderful place you have to walk!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #69  

Height: 5'1"

Can I just say that if I could murder my scale I would??? I am so SICK AND TIRED OF IT!! I would throw the thing out the window but I live on the 15th floor and I'm scared I would kill someone with it. TODAY, I'm at 182.8. What the heck!!!????????? Yesterday was on plan and I even ate a SALAD for dinner. I want to scream. I feel thinner...why can't that number just go down so I can mentally accept that I am thinner. WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!???? Someone please tell my scale to drop to the 170s because it won't listen to ME!!! Thanks!

Okay rant over!

Just to clear up...I think my post was confusing yesterday...I didn't actually run the whole 5K. I'm doing the c25k so I do the 5k 3x per week but I run and walk it. Sunday was a good time though at 44 mins. I'm only on week 2 of the plan so I won't be able to run the whole thing until week 9. Then I should be able to run the whole thing in 30 minutes. Sorry if it sounded like I ran the whole thing.

Stacy - You burned more calories than you ate?? Holy cow! I need to step up my game. This hump getting into the 170s is maddening!

Melissa - Love the pics!! That looks like a nice bike

Shells - Congrats on the doc appt!! So happy that you now are so close to your goal. I always think you look like you are at a healthy weight when I see your photos. When you mentioned that you had a Vitamin D deficiency, it made me wonder if me and even more so my SO doesn't have one too. Need to look into this.

k9 - Stay safe with the tornados!! Eek!!

Jo - I'm sorry your computer broke. I hope they can fix it!

Llbold - That is one AWESOME NSV!!

Still - How are you liking the lower carb?

Diana - Good luck with your labs today! Hope everything turns out okay

Gaining - Happy to hear that scale of yours budged
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #70  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Shells: I just have to say: YAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO proud of you!!! You're so healthy!!! The doctor said so!!! I can totally relate to your story about getting the "how did you do it' comments. That happened to me this weekend too and when I told them about calorie counting, they were not so interested as well. Sorry kids, no miracle drugs here...just HARD WORK!!!! Can I get an "Amen?!?!" LOL Great job, seriously. And about the bangs...I love them down because you look very sultry because of your dark eyes. With that, I LOVE them up so much because it opens up your face and highlights your bone structure and the great angles your eyebrows and eyes have together. You pretty much have it going on no matter what you do with your hair!

I am pleased to announce that I RAN YESTERDAY!!!!!

It was slower than usual but I didn't care, it was faster than a walk! It felt amazing. I did an interval of 7 minutes and then another of 8. I also beat on an elliptical for a while afterward. BOY, do I feel it today. My legs are so fatigued and slightly sore. It feels so great. I can't wait to go tomorrow!

I'll check back at lunch. I need to get some things done here at work. I hope everyone has a wonderful morning!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
glad you had a great day! It feels good to have days like that, doesn't it?
YES!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #72  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

Busy, busy week! Haven't got time for personals so just jumping right on in to say howdy and stay accountable.

Here is my plan for the day 4/26/2011

B - Grilled cheese sandwich (made with soy cheese of course and Earth Balance) + 1 glass of choc.almond milk + 1 small banana - I love working at home because I can eat what I want for breakfast not just what is most convenient!

S - Maybe some tortilla chips and salsa

L - Not sure yet, haven't made it that far into the day ( will report back in later with what I eat)

S - Maybe some raw broccoli & low-sodium Triscuits with hummus

D - Tempeh Fried Brown rice

Drinking: At least 2L water + 1 sparkling fruit jucie thingy

Exercise: I have physio, so not "actual" exercise

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lindsey You haven't mentioned your little one (Princess) lately. How is she doing? Great job staying on plan.
My little Princess is doing pretty well actually!! Her mass on her belly seems to be getting a tad bigger but with her age we have decided not to have it removed. We're not even sure she would survive the surgery and she still has great quality of life so we don't want to "mess" with that. She runs and gets around fine, she's a happy lil' girl.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post
Stayed on-plan today... and I had an NSV myself ... while I was at the gym, a girl stopped me and asked me if I was a personal trainer! I have no idea why she thought that, but I'm going to take it as a compliment!
WOW! That's awesome!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
I had my first funny "Wow, you lost a lot of weight! How did you do it??" comment the other day. When I replied "Well, I counted calories and exercised" the woman said "Oh.", rolled her eyes and sighed. The conversation ended there.
She probably didn't expect that answer. Probably thought you were going to say all your did was drink a special shake everyday or take some pill.
Closed Thread