Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #16  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Good news everyone, lol TOM finally came!!! AND OMG am I relieved...I do plan on making a doctors visit as soon as I have the money too (No Insurance ATM).

Thank you everyone for the advise and kind words. I know most of you know I have always been dedicated to my weight-loss journey and had always been a very active forum member and I've come to realize that the sad part of gaining weight wasn't so much IN gaining it, because I KNOW I can lose it, but in that I felt like I let everyone down. I still get messages from good forum friends saying how I have been an inspiration to them and I don't want to let them OR ME down. You guys mean so much to me and are just as much MY Inspiration.

sacha - I DO definetly have issues with food, always have and to be honest always will; I don't believe anyone who loses as much and more than I have will ever truly "get over" their old relationships with food, but that will learn to control it which is what I will be learning and dealing with till the day I die. Thankfully I did not gain all the weight back, I am currently 165lbs which is already 2 lbs down since this post - WHOOHOO.

I do agree food is an addiction, and there are of course many deeper meanings behind reasons for overeating (like alcohol to an alcoholic). I also think you need to remember thats alcoholics don't NEED alcohol to live...We face food 3-5 times a day so the comparison differ's just a little.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #17  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

I am so glad to hear a positive update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieLovesKisses View Post
I do agree food is an addiction, and there are of course many deeper meanings behind reasons for overeating (like alcohol to an alcoholic). I also think you need to remember thats alcoholics don't NEED alcohol to live...We face food 3-5 times a day so the comparison differ's just a little.
I agree with this. ^^^ When I quit smoking, it was hard- but being able to completely avoid it is SO much easier than having to manage to only smoke 13 a day- or whatever would be considered 'moderation'. With food you would have to do that- losing weight has been MUCH harder than fighting my nicotine addiction. I know it can be done, so we keep trying!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote