Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #31  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
What a great motivation, Snoofie! And I'm happy your father is starting to lose weight.
Thank you, Cali Doll! I appreciate the comment. <3
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I guess like everyone else, I have a lot of reasons.

I do worry about my health, but that's sort of a distant fear, as I've always been healthy. But there's diabetes in my family, some heart disease, all when family members are quite elderly, but it's still out there.

There's vanity, and that's a mixed motivation too. I know I can look a lot better than I do right now, but I'll never be slight, or young again, for that matter. I'm always going to be short and stocky, but I don't need to be short, stocky and fat.

Strength is another motivating factor. I've always been strong, and I'm still strong. I love to hike and other outdoor activities. I can still do all the stuff I like, but it's a whole lot harder now than it used to be, and that messes with my idea of who I am. I was never the cute little one, you know? Even in HS, when I really wasn't very overweight, but thought I was. But at least I could fall back on being the strong, tough one. But if I can't be the tough one, than who am I?
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 192/166/145

Height: 5'6

My initial motivation was to look good and attractive, along the line, i added good health.
MaryOjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #34  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

I am really glad you all took the time to comment on this! I have noticed throught not only my weight loss, but any and every other goal I have set for myself, that motivation is the drive behind everything. If you have no reason to do something, you probably wont, likewise- if you have GOOD reasons to do things, then the sky is the limit!

I read through each and every reply, and it seems like "health" takes the cake! It makes sense to me, because when looking at the other Motivators, those are impossible if you're in bad health! Being healthy gives you the energy and passion to drive further into your goal and accomplish more.

Some of you said that one of your motivators was related to "looking hot", being the person your significant other deserves, and sex. I think this is really important, and I can relate 100%. When I started dropping my weight, I noticed my husband's attraction to me grew.. He has always thought that I was beautiful and sexy (he claims although he see's the difference, he never thought I was overweight before). But now, it's like he cant keep his eyes, or hands, off of me!! I also felt more comfortable being intamate and sexual around him, and that has improved our relationship 10fold! I think this in its own, is a good reason! And what lucky men we have- they have women who think of them as a first priority!

I also really appreciated the comments geared toward being THANKFUL for two arms and two legs that work. Being able to be active, and not having restrictions. It really brings it home when you come into contact with someone who cannot walk, run, or exersice. I have heard so many times, people with disabilities say things to the tune of "what a waste of legs..". It is very commendable that you are able to recognize and appreciate the gifts in your life. Dont be a waste of legs.

Some people talked about careers, which is also a good motivator. I think its awesome those of you looking into being trainers/nutritionist. I think the world needs more "been there's" in that field. Most of the professionals in the industry have no clue what it is like being overweight, or dealing with other conditions that make losing weight hard. They simply dont understand the struggle, not only physically but EMOTIONALLY, we go thru. I have been considering going into the fitness world as well.. guess we will see what happens! Kuddos to you!

Another Thing I can relate to is having children. My husband and I have been unsuccfesfully trying for a baby for over 2 years.. at first we thought it was me. My obgyn told me I needed to lose weight.. so I did. I dont regret losing the weight, but later we found out DH has low sperm count.. really really low. I understand the desire to have children and not being able to attain that. I can only hope and pray that you are able to concieve and dont have to go through what we are going thru!

The other comments- cute clothes, looking good, feeling good, being proud of ourselves are just as important! And trust me, I can TOTALLY relate.

Its really inspiring to see everyone's why's, and I have to admit, after reading through, I think I have added a few Why's to my list!

Someone mentioned that they made a list and read it every now and then, and I think that is a really good idea. I would encourage everyone to do something like that... Having that list of why's in your face always can help you remember why you are doing this.

And I think I speak for us all when I say that we are DAMN proud of ourselves for overcoming the "statistics" and for pushing through what might be the hardest thing, both physically and mentally, we have had to deal with yet. Go US!

I wish a long HAPPY life to us all! <3 so glad to be a part of this community!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I was diagnosed with diabetes the end of August, 2010. Terrified and sick at heart. I was also faced with high blood pressure and high cholesteral for the first time in my life.

I decided to beat the diabetes and to get myself in order to become healthy. Initially, the weight loss was a side benefit. But, now, having lost almost half of the weight I should lose, I feel terrific. I love the way my appearance is changing and I feel more confident and competent.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

To feel great and look good!
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 240/168/140

Height: 5'8

At first I was losing weight to look good. I was sick of never having any confidence and had to do something about it.

Now its more for health reasons. I was so unfit before I'd be out of breath going up the stairs. Now that I started working out almost everyday I feel like a different person. I have much more energy and just feel happier in general.
LadyStardust26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #38  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Energy, strength, confidence, health . . . and a new wardrobe might be nice too.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/120

Height: 5 ft 3 in

- Health (history of Type II on one parent's side)
- Vanity (I am a firm believer that I look younger at a lower weight)
- Vanity
- Vanity ^_^
- I plan on having a baby with my husband in the near future, and I want my body to be strong enough to support the both of us!
chubbypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #40  
1st Month of Dieting

S/C/G: 287/267.6/140

Height: 5'5"

For me it's health, family, and for myself. With my first two children I kept wanting to lose the weight, but never did. I had two boys. When my daughter was born, it became a whole different ball game. Boys look up to the father's for certain things that they can't look to their mother's for. Girls are the same. I am my daughter's role model for the kind of woman she'll one day want to become. I don't want her see me as lazy or overweight. I don't want her to fear or think this is what's in store for her future. I want her to look at her mother seeing a hard working, healthy, active woman and I hope she'll want to be that herself. It's also for me. I want to be more active with my children, playing outside with them. I can't even run alongside their bikes to teach them how to ride one. It breaks my heart. I want to live, not just breath.
MrsMomOrtiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #41  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Look good naked and beat people up.

One of the above is a joke.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #42  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Look good naked and beat people up.

One of the above is a joke.
funny!

The upcoming summer months were my motivation..how could I bare these arms in t-shirts? and not hide in layers and layers.

sirenity - LOVE your morphing gif!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #43  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

For health and for the future... I want to see my children grow up. No children yet. Hopefully when I am at goal we can start planning for the family.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #44  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
sirenity - LOVE your morphing gif!!!
Thanks! I can't wait until I can update with a final goal one.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote