One Day....

• One day.... my emotions will not dictate the kinds of food or amount of food that I eat. I will not want to stuff my face with food when I've had an argument with someone. I will not get a snack in the middle of the afternoon because I'm bored with the work that I have to do. I will not want to down a soda because someone made a disparaging remark about me, or my weight. I will not eat my boredom. I will not eat my anxiety. I will not eat my treats.

I will not eat my treats. I will do, or give, or buy myself something instead.

One day.. when step on the scale and see I've lost weight, I will not subconsciously freak out and eat poorly for the next three days, and then have to make up for lax eating.

One day... hopefully... my TOM wont dictate my eating for two weeks. Stupid hormones.

One day, I will look back on this journey and be glad that I began. Be happy I arrived. And be humbled by this strong body. That I already have. I just have to uncover it and set it free.

LR
  • So much of this journey is the mental game - the switch of a whole lifestyle. it took me over a decade to get to the "someday food will not own me" state. I just hope that I can keep this state. It's very freeing to be free from emotional eating. It can be done. Somehow I did it and I wish I knew how I did it so I could market the **** out of the idea and get rich because that's what the weight/obese epidemic is all about. People wouldn't get so fat if there wasn't such an emotional part of eating.

You can get there too - working on one demon at a time.
  • a-freaking-men.
  • Quote: TODAY.... my emotions will not dictate the kinds of food or amount of food that I eat. I will not want to stuff my face with food when I've had an argument with someone. I will not get a snack in the middle of the afternoon because I'm bored with the work that I have to do. TODAY I will not want to down a soda because someone made a disparaging remark about me, or my weight. TODAY I will not eat my boredom. TODAY I will not eat my anxiety. TODAY I will not eat my treats.

TODAY I will not eat my treats. I will do, or give, or buy myself something instead.

TODAY.. when step on the scale and see I've lost weight, I will not subconsciously freak out and eat poorly for the next three days, and then have to make up for lax eating.

TODAY... hopefully... my TOM wont dictate my eating for two weeks. Stupid hormones.

TODAY, I will look back on this journey and be glad that I began. Be happy I arrived. And be humbled by this strong body. That I already have. I just have to uncover it and set it free.

LR
    I edited your post. Why put off to "one day" what you can do TODAY!
  • Quote: I edited your post. Why put off to "one day" what you can do TODAY!
    Great way of looking at it!
  • Very nice and inspirational post! One that I needed to read this morning!

One day I'll stop obsessing about every little thing that goes into my mouth.

One day I'll look at myself in the mirror and say, "Your work here is done!"
  • Quote: So much of this journey is the mental game - the switch of a whole lifestyle. it took me over a decade to get to the "someday food will not own me" state. I just hope that I can keep this state. It's very freeing to be free from emotional eating. It can be done. Somehow I did it and I wish I knew how I did it so I could market the **** out of the idea and get rich because that's what the weight/obese epidemic is all about. People wouldn't get so fat if there wasn't such an emotional part of eating.

You can get there too - working on one demon at a time.

Yes. But sometimes I know what my demons are, and sometimes I don't. Somedays I have the willpower to resist, say.. snacking in the afternoon when I'm bored and not hungry. And some days I don't give a flying rats butt.

why? I dunno. It's like a tug of war. One side wins, then the other.

How do you snip the rope and let them both fall to their butts?

LR
  • Quote: I edited your post. Why put off to "one day" what you can do TODAY!
    Thanks Lori

I know that usually, people who are heavy or whatever always tend to think "when I".. Like.. When I get slim, I'll be happy. or When I loose weight, life will be perfect. And you are right, I should have rephrased my sentences to TODAY.

And I need to remember that.

Which reminds me of Kung Foo Panda (Can you tell I have a small child ). The old turtle was telling Shifu that the Past is the Past, the Future is the Future, but the Present... Is a Present.

Like this kind of present

LR