Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default I have decided on a goal

I want to lose 40 lbs in 5 months so by september 18th I want to be 131 lbs. My personal training ends in August and I really want my trainer to see that I have made progress. That isnt the only reason why, I have been trying to lose weight for 6 months now with very little success if I would have buckled down then I would be at a comfortable weight now. So today I am taking the first step I am naming my goal and I am on plan today! I wanted icecream so badly at the grocery because it felt like summer outside I even looked at the mini ben n jerrys container but they were 250 calories! So I didnt get any icecream and since I am doing calorie counting I have made sure that today I am within my allowance of calories. My best friend is doing with me this time and I like that a lot. I am going to show myself that I can do it this time!

Last edited by j0lamo01; 04-18-2011 at 06:32 PM.
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #2  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

August 18th is only four months - not five. Just want to make sure you are aware and planning realistically.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #3  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Thank you so much for letting me know that I fixed it thanks!
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

That seems like a very ambitious goal for someone with not that much to lose overall. I'm not saying it's out-and-out impossible, but I'll give you my experience as someone in a similar weight range: My goal is to lose 50 lbs in 1 year. I just reached the 30-pound-loss mark and it's been five months. I wasn't losing my fastest at the beginning because I had to experiment around and find a plan that worked for me. The most I've lost in a month is about 9 lbs and I don't expect to get even close to that again. If you're the type of person who just wants an ambitious goal and it doesn't matter if you reach it then that's fine. I just don't want you to get discouraged if you lose fast but not quite fast enough. Best of luck!
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #5  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

May I suggest making some mini-goals to go with your long-term goal. Makes you feel good and keeps you going.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
May I suggest making some mini-goals to go with your long-term goal. Makes you feel good and keeps you going.
Anyone who has read a few of my posts knows I am a huge fan of the mini-goals! I think it's because I like rewarding myself so much!

But just a word of caution --- those last 10 pounds are a killer! I was consistently losing about 1.5 - 2 pounds a week and now it seems like I'd be happy loosing half of that a week. It could be that I need to mix it up a bit with my eating and workouts.

Eh, anyway.... just sayin'
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #7  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

The last 10-15 lbs ARE killer! Good luck with your goal. It's always nice to have a big picture goal but I thought I would be at maintenance LAST summer
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I'm not the type to like timed goals because I NEVER reach them, and then I get incredibly discouraged. But, a lot of people are inspired by them too.

It's taken me from early January 2010 to today to lose 30lbs. But, I'm so happy. My skin is tight, I know I can maintain weight during stressful times, and I'm proud. I'd love to get to goal tomorrow just as much as anyone, but I realize that it isn't a race and I'll get there slowly but surely.

So if you don't meet this goal, please don't give up. Take it slow if you must, especially during those stressful times. You'll be so happy in a year if you follow through. Losing slowly is not the same as failing
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote