Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #136  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Todays eats

Breakfast 260
2 whole wheat waffles w/ s/f syrup, V8 low sodium, Almond milk

Lunch 318
1/2 black beans flavored with chili powder, 2% cheddar, oyster crackers and grapefruit

Snack 265
pistachios and later a tbsp of natural pb

Dinner 271
Smart One fettucini Alfredo, 2/3 cup broccoli

extra 90
light peach yogurt (calories low)

cup of grapes, 1/2 slice Swiss w/ 2 meatballs

total calories 1204 add my after dinner extras calories 1359
2 cups green tea, 2 cups coffee, 78ozs water
Curves/Zumba 40 minutes
still need to get on the treadmill

Last edited by love2b150; 04-20-2011 at 01:52 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And you sound like a great Mother in law. Wish you could give my MIL some pointers! Have a great day!
Hahaha
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #138  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

im doing pretty good, i didnt even take my Fullbar today and i did REALLY well. I had an extra serving of lunch meat at lunch, but so far, so good! Im also at around 1200 cals for the day and I still should have dessert or some sort.
Morethananumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Hi everyone

Bonnie2009: you know, I felt like I couldn’t have the same control the others had at first either. There is something sooo motivating about posting your successes and flops, though. Give it a try!

Diana: congrats on the new low! The weight’s really moving now, isn’t it.

LindseyLou: Glad you’re dropping that weight again. I’ve tried using cinnamon, too, usually with yogurt for a midmorning snack. I think it helps.

Vixsin: Thanks. I’m so far behind on personals. It’s taking me forever to catch up.

Shells: sorry to hear that you’re all sick Congrats on the new low.

LaurenA: I’ve found that I lose the most weight, and keep it off, if I go higher than the recommended calories. If I stick with the recommended amounts, I feel like I’m starving, and that triggers a eating fest (that’s spelled b-i-n-g-e). Now, and please don’t hate me folks, but I seem to have a naturally high metabolism, so I seem to need more calories than most. Hey, are you going to post pictures of you in the dress after the wedding?

Berry: Sounds like for a whole weekend of houseguests, you exercised admirable control! Perfection isn’t the goal, consistency is. Ugh, too bad about the taco salad. I love the stuff, too, but sodium has that same effect on me. Those skorts are so cute, and you could choose whatever length is most flattering to you. They probably look better than you think!

Rachel2Writer: Hi

Surfergirl: congrats on so many on-plan days! It might take time, but sooner or later it’ll show up on the scale. :

K9: I could sooo use some sunshine! BTW, are you a nurse? I think you said so a couple of threads back. About low calories snacks: this isn’t really low calorie, but it really helps take the edge off of hunger pangs. Eat about 100 calories worth of walnuts, that’s about seven halves. That’s a Dr. Oz idea, and it really works! Congrats on the on-plan day yesterday.

Diana3271: 90 degrees? Oh, what I would give to feel warm again! It’s about 32 degrees here, and there’s this weird rain-snow mix falling. Brrr. Thanks for sharing your weight loss story. You’re so inspirational. Thank goodness for that endocrinologist. Thanks for your kind words about the job, too.

Pint: sounds like you’re getting back on track really well. Great working out! Too bad about the mudpie breakfast!!!

Larry: I’m sooo glad you’re doing well. One of my favorite dishes is to put a tilapia fillet in the middle of a big square of foil. I top it with pesto that’s been seasoned with lemon juice and hot sauce. Then on top of that I put a selection of veggies, maybe butternut squash chunks, tomatoes, and green beans. Then I top the whole thing with more seasoned pesto, wrap it up, and bake it at about 375, until the veggies are crisp-tender, and the fish is cooked. I hope you enjoy it!

StaceyGee: and congrats on the whoosh. Your friend is so lucky to have you – the food sounds delicious.

Zoodoo: ditto on the snow! About the scale – someone I know once said, “It happens. Scales can be weird like that. It’ll come off again in no time.”

Dimples: I was wondering what had happened to you! I’m so glad you’re safe. A tornado 100 yards away is a little too close!

Novel: would be nice if those pills would tame TOM. You deserve a pat on the back for sticking to the run when your body didn’t want to. Working out is not so hard when your body feels good; it’s doing it when the bod says “No” that really shows what you’re made of.

Love2be150: hope it continues to go down

-----
Have to finish tracking and do a workout tonight. C U later.
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

1033 cals today but I sure have to learn how to do low sodium!!
I hit 4597 mg of sodium and I am only supposed to have a maximum of 2000 mg.

About 1/2 the sodium was in fat free Italian salad dressing used in a recipe for pasta salad. The calories and fat were low but I had no idea that fat free dressing had that much sodium. Most of the rest of the sodium came from fat free cheese. Again the calories and the fat was very low but the sodium went through the roof. Not good for me just after open heart surgery

My weight this morning was the same 251. I made up an Excel sheet to track it every day at the same time in the morning and wearing the same clothes.

The dressing I like best is Italian. Does anyone have a low fat, low cal, low sodium recipe I can make or a product I can buy.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbikerchick View Post

Larry: I’m sooo glad you’re doing well. One of my favorite dishes is to put a tilapia fillet in the middle of a big square of foil. I top it with pesto that’s been seasoned with lemon juice and hot sauce. Then on top of that I put a selection of veggies, maybe butternut squash chunks, tomatoes, and green beans. Then I top the whole thing with more seasoned pesto, wrap it up, and bake it at about 375, until the veggies are crisp-tender, and the fish is cooked. I hope you enjoy it!
Sure sounds like something I will enjoy!! Thank You!!

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Just totally pigged out... just ate more calories then I have eaten since August. I actually don't feel bad about it either. I feel a bit rejuvenated actually. I ate cicis pizza buffet... I ate as much as I wanted of everything I wanted. I feel very peplexed by the whole thing- I hope I don't slip into bad habits...but I really wanted to just eat tonight.

I know my 178 will probably be gone in the morning... please friends... remind me to stay on plan tomorrow.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Guys... I'm a culinary genious :-)

You know how I learned how to make shirataki less gooey by putting it in a frying pan. Well, I just finished a little experiment....

8oz Shirataki Noodles
1TB Annie Chungs Pad Thai Sauce
1TB Amino Soy Sauce (less sodium than even the low sodium soy)
4 egg whites
1 TB pb2

Rinse, drain, and throw the noodles in a pan on medium-high... cook for a few minutes to get the texture less gooey, throw in the sauce and egg whites. Sprinkle the PB2 as your cooking and mix it all in.

Um... amazing pad thai swap! Hungry Girl has a swap but it has you make the sauce which is too many steps for me. Overall it comes to 154 cals and 12 net carbs. I'm having a salad too so I'm getting my veggies. Probably would work well with chicken too, I just didn't have any.

Yay I love when I discover a new swap. Pad Thai (with like 800 cals) in a restaurant will never be worth it again.

EDIT: Changed calories, forgot to add the egg whites.

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 04-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

I feel so good right now. Usually I am totally crashed by this time of day... right now I still have energy. Makes me wonder if I need additional calories or carbs on my diet?????
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post

The dressing I like best is Italian. Does anyone have a low fat, low cal, low sodium recipe I can make or a product I can buy.

Larry
I found this website that might give you ideas of low sodium things to look for at the grocery store. Mrs. Dash's dressings/marinades have NO sodium.

http://www.heartwisefood.com/drma.html

Last edited by LindseyLou; 04-19-2011 at 09:43 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quick Check-In. I'm trying to get to bed ASAP. I did so well 2 days in a row! It's getting late!

Larry Maybe you can make your own dressing. I will look at different brands when I go to the store.
http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free...anDressing.htm
http://www.food.com/recipe/italian-d...w-sodium-14375
http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/it...ipezaar-63812/

Total Approx 1400 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (660 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
6 ounce sirloin 300 calories
2 Orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire HIIT 15
TF Fire 60
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #147  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Had my hour date with Gilad. I told my husband he had to be careful as I had found another tall, dark, and handsome foreigner! Every time I redo a video, I realize that every time I am getting stronger. Feels good.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #148  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everyone. I've been too busy. I want to make more time to come here..............I miss you guys terribly. I miss doing personals, even though I DO come in and read....I usually just don't have time to respond. I'm beginning to think things will NEVER calm down for me. I'm so busy it makes me want to cry.....really......literally. I think I'm burned completely out and need a break.

Anyway, tonight was official ww weigh in night.....1.4 lb loss, puts me at a new "official low" of 203.4. Was hoping for a 2 lb week, but I'll take the new low. Going to change ticker when I get done with this post. I also JUST had a HUGE NSV!! I think I've mentioned here a few times that I thought I was close to needing to come off my Blood Pressure meds.....well, I got that confirmation tonight. I've been really dizzy today....it's been getting progressively worse and worse over the last two weeks. Just had DH take my BP. Lying down: 80/50 Pretty scary! Sitting up: 100/78 Not AS bad, but still low to be taking BP meds....of course, these BP's are WITH meds (I took my meds this morning before work). So yeah, I'm thinkin' I may need to schedule that Dr appt now before I completely pass out and scare somebody to death. I told DH that I really wanna wait til I get to onederland (because w/it being a fluid pill, I KNOW I'll see a scale stall for a couple weeks when I go off of the med.)....I don't know if my body will let me wait that long though. Stupid that I wanna wait, I know....I just REALLY wanna see onederland, though.

I'm gonna try to do some personals tomorrow....lots I wanna say to everyone!! Miss you guys a lot. Nighty night!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #149  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Call me crazy but today when I was walking back from my run I passed a shop and when I looked at my reflection in the mirror I think my thighs and butt looked slimmer! I don't measure myself until tuesday though
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post
Guys... I'm a culinary genious :-)

You know how I learned how to make shirataki less gooey by putting it in a frying pan. Well, I just finished a little experiment....

8oz Shirataki Noodles
1TB Annie Chungs Pad Thai Sauce
1TB Amino Soy Sauce (less sodium than even the low sodium soy)
4 egg whites
1 TB pb2

Rinse, drain, and throw the noodles in a pan on medium-high... cook for a few minutes to get the texture less gooey, throw in the sauce and egg whites. Sprinkle the PB2 as your cooking and mix it all in.

Um... amazing pad thai swap! Hungry Girl has a swap but it has you make the sauce which is too many steps for me. Overall it comes to 154 cals and 12 net carbs. I'm having a salad too so I'm getting my veggies. Probably would work well with chicken too, I just didn't have any.

Yay I love when I discover a new swap. Pad Thai (with like 800 cals) in a restaurant will never be worth it again.

EDIT: Changed calories, forgot to add the egg whites.
Hey LL, where do you buy that amino "soy sauce"? Bob Harper was on Rachel Ray yesterday and was making a veggie stir fry using that amino stuff. They said it tastes just like soy sauce but good for you and much less sodium? Forgot to check at the grocery store yesterday. Wondering if you have to get it at health food store or regular store? Thanks. Your dish sounds delish. Don't you love it when you find something yummy that is good for you too?

Last edited by jomatho; 04-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote