I've been stuck at the same weight for almost 4 weeks, and I've been trying different ways to move that scale! Please add your thoughts, suggestions, and experiences on how to break through a plateau to this thread. I know many of us need advice on this.
2/1/11 205 (muscles retaining water from weight training?)
2/11/11 201 Onderland here I come!
2/15/11 205 WHAT???
3/8/11 198 YAY! (196 yesterday)
3/15/11 196 (194 yesterday)
3/29/11 195 (194 on 4/1)
4/5/11 195 (increased calories to confuse body)
4/12/11 195 (switched up exercise routine to confuse body)
So far the only one confused is ME. I've been 195 every day this week… no more bouncing scale. Just stuck. I WILL break through this plateau!!! Any day now the scale will just drop 5 lbs.
I’ve been reading a book that suggests our minds control our bodies, even so far as to either lose or retain weight depending upon how our thoughts are bending. I’ve been trying to think positively (which can’t hurt anyway) and putting hypnotic suggestions out to my body… “the fat is melting off my body” “all this exercise is really working” etc. But, maybe all the subconscious thoughts like “yeah right… you’ll be stuck at this weight forever” have more control then the conscious thoughts do?
Maybe I need to reduce calories some more, or watch what is going in closer and adjust that. I HAVE been eating more carbs then I should - I’ve been snacking on corn chips or toast with hummus (yup that will do it) Gosh, I can’t think of what else I’ve been eating… I HAVE cut out sugar and excess snacking. This is very good, and may account for the lack of fluctuations on the scale. But I want the weight to LEAVE THE BUILDING!! Here’s the plan:
- More protein, less carbs.
- Instead of chips/toast I’ll use raw veggies, and instead of hummus I’ll create a lowfat/lowcal dip. Keep cut up veggies on hand for quick snacks.
- Go back to an apple and 1/2 a grapefruit everyday (don’t know when that stopped.)
- Keep grilled chicken on hand for salads at lunch. Stop at the store on the way to work if there’s no salad at home to bring in.
- Log in every bite again for at least 2 weeks (added to list 3 days ago.)
- Cardio for at least 45 minutes consecutively and at least every other day.(added to list 2 days ago.)
OK… That’s my strategy. Today is a new day - the weight is comming OFF!!