Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 08:07 AM   #16  

Smile SARA

Welcome Back.... and yes, you will see if you read the old threads we ALL missed you. You are our inspiration!!

Happy you had a good time at the relatives.
Quote:
felt the same way that a recovering alcoholic would feel at a keg party
EXACTLY....but we are each others 12 step program!!!!

Gotta get to work....Hope you all have a good day...

Welcome, Cindy....
Old 12-30-2002, 11:49 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

"2003 IS THE YEAR FOR ME!!"

Boy, I can't agree with that one more! I have committed by telling several people in my WW class and my DH to losing 50 pounds by the first of May. (Heck, did I already tell you this??? Losing my mind again.....thanks, Dad) My oldest son is graduating from college May 3rd and I really want to fit in the seats and not be embarassed. Now I have committed to you all too.

I have given myself permission to do whatever until Wednesday morning, however. I'm not going to go pig out but I'm not going to deprive myself either. Then Wednesday morning it all starts in earnest. I'm ready!

I did the WI (not Wisconsin) thing this morning. I told the girl it wasn't going to be pretty. I didn't realize how ugly is was going to be. I'm up 5#.

Sara: Welcome back. I'm so glad you had a great time with the two families. You might have not sent pictures in your cards to them and just given them out as part of their Christmas present. Then it would have all been a big surprise.

Lucky: Never thought of us as a "12 step program" but that really is a good analogy!

Michelle: Thanks for the new mantra. That will work fine for me! I'm ready. * What a great deal on the Lean Cuisines!!!

Mary: That cake sounds yummy. Hope your son appreciated you baking for him.

Tracy: Great list. I agree with all of them.....except maybe the bungee jumping!

Cindy: Welcome. I know you'll love it here.

Steph: Good to see you.

Katrina: Any good walks lately?

I hope I didn't miss anyone that posted. If I did, I'm sorry. But where the heck are the rest of you? Some of you are AWOL.....Susie, Baylee, 2cute to name a few. Come on girls. Get your butts back in here.

I've got tons of paperwork to do so I can't stay any longer. We're going out to dinner with friends this evening and then tomorrow I'm spending the day with my dearest friend and then we're picking up the guys for an early (get this, you'll love it) movie (of all things) and then dinner. After dinner we'll come back here for dessert and to play cards before ushering in the New Year!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-30-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back Sara! Good for you resisting all those sweets. I don't think I could have done it. Too bad your surprise was ruined, but at least you got a nice sweater out of it. Welcome Cindy. These are the best group of ladies you could hope to find. Hope you stick with us through our journey. Welcome back Tracy! Talk to you all later.
Steph
Old 12-30-2002, 12:34 PM   #19  

Angry Two Second Post...

Hiya Ladies,

Hmmm. I'll be back later today for a REAL post but just wanted to make a couple of quick replies from the threads I missed on vacation.

Tracy: Wow! You've been lurking for a long time! I'm SO glad you decided to join our little group of gals! It's amazing that you already know all of us so well! I read your comment about not wanting to join a gym right now. While a lot of people might suggest just getting out there, despite what others may think, I can understand your feelings 100%! There was NO WAY I was stepping foot in a gym when I was 270 pounds... I would have felt miserable! My strategy, which has worked pretty well, was to diet and exercise on my own (walking, tennis, etc.) and then, I joined a gym when I was comfortable. Basically--do whatever you need to make yourself lose weight AND feel good! Don't let anything be an excuse to not do it! Find solutions to obstacles, take control and realize that you have the power to do it! (Seeing as how you already know us so well, I decided to go right into "know-it-all" mode!)

Lucky: Ahhh! Thanks for wanting before and after pictures. It's such an inspiration to be other's inspirations! The pictures that you guys have seen of me at my wedding, I was actually about 233 pounds... I was about 37 pounds heavier than that at my highest at the beginning of May 2002. I WILL definitely send you guys some REAL before and after pics when I reach my goal (either by mail or here) but I guess my wedding pics will suffice for now. (I have other pics that show a much bigger difference!) The site is www.regnsara.com !

Okay, okay. I'm outta here. Gotta have lunch and head out to the gym! It's good to be home again and able to go. I DID, however, manage to get in a jog 3 times over the week I spend away!

Sara
Old 12-30-2002, 12:44 PM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Just a short hello and good bye for a couple of days.
I am walking out the door as soon as I hit the submit reply button. I am headed for Missouri to see my folks. I will spend the night and come home tomorrow.

We have no plans for NewYearsEve.
I love to throw parties but I am not doing it this year. I was just too afraid my parents health problems may cause me to h ave to cancel and I did not want to do that to anyone on New Years Eve.
My mom is NOT doing well at all.

I want to welcome Cindy to the gang. WELCOME !!! This is a great group of ladies and they will help you all they can.

Tracy... I am glad to see you came back. I was beginning to think you gained your senses back and ran the other way. I like your goals for losing your weight. I will pass on the bungee jumping though.

Thin... I forgot that my youngest is graduating in May too.
We both definitely need to get serious Jan 2 and get some of this weight off by graduation.

Sara... WE ALL MISSED YOU !!! Glad you are back. I am soooo proud of your success while gone.

Steph.... just in case I forget later.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
What a great gift to give yourself... "A new me in 2003"

Wish I had time to go back and respond to everyone. That is all I can remember off the top of my head and it is getting late. I need to hit the road. Have a wonderful day.... and get prepared for Jan 2... I think we are going to be a thread full of

Bye bye.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-30-2002 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:46 PM   #21  

Thank you everyone for the welcomes

Now, I will just have to learn all of the smileys, different colors, and fonts.

Today my mother will be coming from Wisconsin. I haven't seen her since this summer, so I, and everyone else in the family, are excited! Well, for the first few days, then she sets into "mother mode", and we are all rethinking. LOL j/k

Tracy...I won't be joing a Gym either. Main reason, right now I can't afford it, but even if I could, I wouldn't feel comfortable. I am going to start out by walking. I don't have fond memories of a gym either, my ex is a body builder, talk about depressing! BTW I like your goals too.

Sara...I read your journal....and all I can say is wow!!! Awesome.

2cute...thanks for that great welcome post. If it weren't for that I might have been too shy to join with you gals.

Thanks again everyone, for the welcome

Cindy
Old 12-30-2002, 05:46 PM   #22  

Good Afternoon Lady's

Holiday's almost over, and it sounds like were all ready to start and make 2003 one of the best, and be the best we can be, healthy and slim ( well some of us might not get to thin in a year, but we can be slimmer, by next year) I have decided to start today, seeing as it's Monday, so weigh in this morning, wasn't as bad as I thouhgt it would be, a 6lb gain within the last month, so once again, I start fresh, I really want to lose 20 more pounds, by Feb 11 2003, thats when I found this site, and started trying to lose weight again for the 100th time. So if I can lose 20 more lbs I'll have 50 lbs gone in a year, that's not to bad, give me another year and it will be 100 lbs, slow and steady, I wasn't in a rush to get this weight on, so if it takes me a couple years to get it off, that's fine, all I know is that I will lose this extra baggage.

Puppy's really frustrating me, you can tell when she has to go potty, so I throw her on the paper, and make her stay, but she doesn't do anything, and as soon as I let her go she pee's inches from the paper, I've rubbed her nose in it and gave a little swat, but she's not catching on, when should I start putting her outside to potty, is she to little yet 8weeks, maybe as soon as she gets up I'll start putting her outside for a couple of minutes. Son's been driving me nuts as well, he wont leave her alone, I'm constantly telling him to be nice, put the puppy down, don't lay on her, let her play, I think I've scolded my son more than the puppy.

No real plans for New Year's, I think were going to a house party, just a few couples, maybe play some games. New Year's day I'm going to attempt to cook my first Turkey, wish me luck. I'm sure my mom will be getting lots of calls from me on Wed. I'm going to make a broccoli casserole, ( sounds healthy but it's not ) Broccoli, mushroom soup, onions, almonds, and lots of cheese, and bread cubes, it's one of my fav's, as well as mashed turnip with a little brown sugar, corn, stuffing, gravy, brussel sprouts, and potatoes, I usually don't have any potatoes, at these big meals, rather fill up on the veggies, that I don't get very often. Mouth is watering, hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

Hope everyone's safe and sound, and having a wonderful day.
TATA for now
Old 12-30-2002, 06:26 PM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hey guys!!

How is everyone? Well, let's just go ahead and get it over with..........my food sucks! I have made a major pig out of myself during the holidays. It is so utterly depressing to be on such a tear and here comes the food and willpower goes out the window! I am just not strong enough to resist all these temptations! Cake, pie, cheesecake, cookies, sausage balls, creamcheese dips and rollups, ham, corn, rolls...........ugh, the list goes on and on. BUT, starting WEDNESDAY, I am back on track. What a wonderful year 2003 will be for me!! And I'm not saying this now, and then will be pathetically saying it again in 2004. I really mean it. This is the year I DO IT! This is the year that I truly make a difference for the better in my life. This is the year that I do all the things on Tracy's list. (well, except maybe the bungee jumping and bellybutton ring) And while we're on the subject,

Tracy: I just HAD to respond to you. First of all, WELCOME....WELCOME...WELCOME. We are so happy to have you with us. You and I sound so much alike it's scary. I too, have two sons and am married to someone that treats me like a queen. (thus, the name "QueenB") Your list really hit home with me. Most of the things you named, are on my list as well. Along with "scanning the restaurant booths to see if the table scoots". Aaaah, the things us lovely women go through. I don't think I have the words to tell you what a special group you have joined, although if you've been reading our posts since November of 2001, you probably get a pretty good idea. As I'm sure you probably notice, sometimes people have a tendency to drop in and then leave and are missed terribly. Try to hang with us. We can not only pull you through the bad times, but we love to celebrate the good times too!

That goes for you too Cindy. Welcome to you also. We are always here for you, no matter what.

I had wonderful time in Helen Ga. They have a fantastic little Swiss town. It was all decorated up and the little shops were so cute. Was soooo nice to get away for a couple of days.

I hope you know how much I've missed you guys and I think that's one of the reason I've been having such a hard time. When I'm away from the board, I just don't feel as strong. One of my New Year's resolutions is to come to this board every single day if at all possible. For you are not only my strength, but my heart. I love you all.

Old 12-30-2002, 06:55 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Default Now, THIS is more like it!!

12 posts today! That's what we need...lots and lots of encouragement for one another! I love to see everyone posting! Come out, come out, everyone!

Ahhh...New beginnings...yes we've done them all before. What are we going to do differently this time? Besides, ahem, stick to our resolutions? We have such gung ho spirit at the new year...what can do to keep that spirit alive?

Suggestions, please...here's a few off the top of my head...

1. I was thinking of posting my food/exercise on a daily basis...be accountable not only to myself, but to my cybersisters as well.

2. How about a gratitude thread? To celebrate what is good in our lives and not just dwell on the long journey ahead?
Or a "pat yourself on the back" thread? Try to post at least one good thing you did to improve yourself?

3. How about taking turns being for a day/week/couple of days? Whosoever weareth the hat may dictate...er... suggest an exercise or activity to get our butts moving.

Okay...that's it for now, but I'll try to think of more...I hope you guys do too! Let's shake this up a bit. Make it fun. What do you think?

I'm going to get back to my kitchen. Every New Years we take the time to fill up the salt and pepper shakers, the sugar bowl, the rice tin, etc...a Filipino tradition...to make sure that you start the new year with plenty. I've tweaked it a bit this year to include getting rid of what we don't use/haven't used...geez the crap that I cleaned out of the frig! I KNOW that Tabasco sauce has been there for YEARS! Same for the horseradish! YUCK! Once I finished the frig, I moved onto the pantry. You know...it's a funny thing...when you get it all organized, you realize that 16 cans of corn is really enough for a while! 3 bottles of olive oil should last me for a bit. And do I have Vinegar!! Balsamic, red wine, cider, rice, and just plain old white...oh yeah, and raspberry! (I have NO IDEA what to do with this, any suggestions? It smells great!) I chucked half-boxes of cereal that have been sitting there for months!!! I made up a box to donate at church...things that have never been opened, will never be consumed...by us anyway! When MIL visits, she likes to stock up for her sonny boy at the Asian market. (Last visit was Nov 2001) There was stuff that we will NEVER eat in this life time! I hope the soup kitchen enjoys the exotic treats! :?

Well back to work for me...it really doens't feel like work though, I'm enjoying the process. Kind of like "lightening the load" a precursor to lightening my own load!

Welcome Cindy, welcome back, Tracy! I know you'll like it here.
Welcome home Tina Bina...you posted as I was typing away! Don't look back...all that junk is history...new beginnings, OK? BTW, nice picture, you hottie!

Love to all...keep those posts coming...when I take a break, I like to have something NEW to read!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-30-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:07 PM   #25  

I know - way behind on posting but I feel so exhausted. I did want to type something so Kat won't be disappointed when she returns to read.

KAT, come here.....I have some treasures for you to find in my refrigerator too!!!

I don't have anything planned but rest for tomorrow night and Wednesday so I will be here posting away.

I went and looked at your wedding picture, Sara. You are truly amazing...wasn't it you with that quote about next year will come yadda, yadda - whether you do something or not... NOT an exact quote!!!!

I have SO many things to accomplish in 2003. It will be a very busy year....
Old 12-30-2002, 09:49 PM   #26  

Talking Hi Lucky!

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today!"

Sara
Old 12-30-2002, 10:40 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Default How about it guys?!!

Whose starting today??!!

Old 12-31-2002, 12:46 AM   #28  
a work in progress...

What the ****...let's go out on a high note!
2003...look out, here we come!!

WE ARE STRONG! WE ARE INVINCIBLE! WE ARE FOXY WOMEN!

...and getting better everyday!

:
Old 12-31-2002, 02:06 AM   #29  

What wonderful posts I came in to find!!

Here I was bumming about something and after reading these I am smiling once again.

It it kinda late, and no one else will probably be posting, but just came in to see if there was anything new.

I love the idea of the "pat on the back" threads, I think that's what was stated, I think any kind of recognition, for our achievements, no matter how small, should be applauded.

Thank you again for the welcomes..I feel so good about this.. and so excited to get started. I already have my journal started. It is more for me than anything, a good way for me to look back and say "HEY LOOK WHAT I DID!!!"

*hugs*
Cindy
Old 12-31-2002, 07:57 AM   #30  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Dh and I are going into the city after work today. Hope all of you have a great day

Quote:
2003...look out, here we come!! WE ARE STRONG! WE ARE INVINCIBLE! WE ARE FOXY WOMEN!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited by Grannie39074; 12-31-2002 at 08:00 AM.
Closed Thread