Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 05:24 AM   #1  
Fit and Feisty

Smile Featherweights: Happy New Year, New You!

Okay, guys, it's time to get down to business AGAIN! You are important, and you need to take care of you!
Old 01-06-2003, 08:42 PM   #2  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Boy, the site looks a lot different since I was here last--I like it!

Happy New Year! Our New Years was pretty quiet...two of the kids had parties, so the youngest and I went out for dinner and then rushed home to watch the ball drop. Alas, all we get is CBS and Letterman did NOT show the ball dropping...that was very dissapointing. How did you all spend New Years?

I'm starting the new year at 218...too heavy, as usual. I did finally go to the doctor for some abnormal bleeding I had been having (15 straight weeks of VERY heavy bleeding) and had a boatload of tests. We finally turned off the tap with straight progesterone, but if it starts up again I'll have to go in for exploratory surgery and a D&C to try and fix what ails me. The good news is that so far, all of the tests have come back normal.
Meanwhile, I'm crossing my fingers that I don't start again because I'm starting to spot...again. *sigh* Wish me luck!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:03 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi FW's!!

I thought this thread had bit the dust! Glad to see you here. I have been awol myself for awhile, and when I didn't see you, I started a new group = The Life Happens Club. Come over there, if you like.

Carree - how were your holidays?

Kat - sorry about the female trouble. Hope you are on the mend.

Later, taters.

Jana
Old 01-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #4  

Just wanted to say hello. Where is the Life Happens Club located?

Ruth
Old 01-13-2003, 11:14 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi FW's.

Ruth, the Life Happens club didn't take off, so just keep posting here with the Featherweights. The only thing is, a couple of times, people commented that they thought the Featherweights is a group who has only a little bit of weight to lose, like Featherwight boxers, I guess. I have to admit, I don't feel like a featherweight!

Anybody want to change the name? Maybe it's time we start fresh.... any ideas? Carree? Kat? What do you think? We have been such a determined little group, hanging on for dear life, what would be an appropriate name for us, or do we want to stay with FW?

I am doing fine with WW points and am coping with stress in other ways besides eating. My younger DD wants to lose 5 pounds, so we are encouraging each other. Her main problem is that she needs to tone up, not lose weight. At 15, I don't want her to start the diet roller coaster! She is in gym class now, and that will help her. Now if I could get my ownself up and mobile....

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 01-13-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:34 PM   #6  
Fit and Feisty

Default New name?

Truth be known....I never cared for the group name "The Featherweights". The name was given to us by "Chickenlady", long gone from this forum.

Hmmmm...I've got to think about this. I'll get back to y'all.

Love,
carree
Old 01-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #7  

Hey ladies,

I'm okay with a name change. Maybe something to do with the fact that we are still hanging in and still as determined as ever to lose the weight. I'm with Carree, I need to think about it some.

JANA, you are right about you 15 year old not needing to lose weight. If you can get her exercising now, she may not have our problems when she gets over. Smart move on your part. Oh, you can also teach her to eat healthier. You know, baked chicken, seafood, that kind of stuff.

KAT, are you still in school. Our Spring semester started last week. I'm only taking 12 hours this semester. So, hopefully it won't be as hectic as in the past.

Hey CARREE, hope you and everyone is having a good weekend.

Ruth
Old 01-19-2003, 08:26 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks we need a face lift with our name. Ruth , your idea about it having to do with our determination is a good one. Carree - have you come up with any suggestions yet? Kat , how are you doing?

We are: tenacious, fiesty, determined, concerned, strong-willed, stubborn, resolute, strong-spirited, caring, fun-loving, loyal, and we help each other with an ear and a shoulder when needed ... lots of possiblities for a new name here! The Fiesty Few? The Spirited Sprites? The Loyal Lassies? Okay, okay, these aren't very creative, but I know our new moniker is on the tip of your tongues!

We went visiting family today. DH's married niece lives about an hour away, so we arranged to see them and it was nice. We took one of the twins with us, and it was all good.

I'm doing fine OP. Down 2 1/4 pounds today, which makes 5 1/4 for these 2 weeks. I won't let myself dwell on the total I need to lose to reach goal, only on the first 10 pounds. And I am halfway there! My DD has been doing exercises to some CD's she got for Christmas, and has sworn off Ramen Noodles. I have lots of healthy foods stocked up for the whole family.

Last week I worked some each day on scrapbooking, and got a lot accomplished. Any other scrapbookers here?

Better run ~ talk to you later!
Jana
Old 01-19-2003, 09:37 PM   #9  

Just checking in. JANA, I'm a scrapbooking wannabe!! Maybe someday. I thought about supplying my oldest daughter with the material and let her have at it. She is the creative one.

In reading your post I had one idea "Shoulders to Lean On". It might create some traffic for us, and as you said, we have been here in good times and in bad for each other.

Well, better go, I'll be back tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 01-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Today is sunny and cold in Indiana and I'm going to stay in if at all possible. DH has the day off since it is a holiday, but DD had to go to school. I am going to pack up all my snowmen and bring out the valentines stuff. I don't have much - just enough to brighten a little side table.

Did I tell you that MIL went to a nursing home in October? It was awful to go through - for her and us. We just couldn't take care of her anymore. Now she is used to it, and we often go get her to visit and have a meal. After taking total care of her for 2 years, it is odd to have this gap in my life. Good thing I've got the grandbabies, huh?

Ruth - I really like your idea for our name. Wonder what the other two will come up with. You don't have to be very creative to scrapbook, or else I wouldn't be able to do it. There are so many stickers and sets for certain occasions, and that makes it easier. But having your DD give it a whirl would sure save time, because it can be very time-consuming. And everytime I got a another page finished, I'd make the fam come and admire it!

Carree - what is going on in your life? How're the puppies? Do you have any suggestions for a name? Since I know you like old movies, I have to tell you - I watched Chinatown, (a 4star Jack Nicholson movie from the 70's) for the first time last night and was very unhappy with the way it ended! Don'tcha just hate it when the bad guy wins?

Kat - Hope things are going okay in the plumbing department and you can skip the surgery. BTW - since you asked - we stayed home on New Years Eve and Katie had some friends over. Neal and I vowed to go out and boogie next year. Glad you and your youngest had a good time. Do you have any ideas for a new name for our group?

Gotta run - have a good Monday!
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 01-23-2003 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:28 PM   #11  
Fit and Feisty

Okay, how about "Diamond Dolls"? I just love diamonds, and we are diamonds in the rough.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:26 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

To "The Club with No Name"

Brrrr... it's 3 degrees here with a wind chill factor of -17. But as my late fil would say "hey, it's January, it's "supposed to be cold".

Yesterday was older daughter's birthday. I did very well with points, except for a biscuit. I always write down each night what I'm going to eat the next day, and I allowed for the dinner and a small piece of bd cake, but not the biscuit. The made me do it!!

Carree - I like the name Diamond Dolls. I like diamonds too, but own more sapphires since my bd is in September. 9-11 to be exact. My last 2 birthdays haven't been very festive. The only thing is, there is already a group here at Support with the name Diamonds in the Rough. Do you think it is too similar?

Kat - where are you and what is your opinion?

Ruth - How many more semesters til you graduate? I admire you for sticking with it. I dropped out of college and wish I hadn't. I was taking Behavioral Sciences with a Gerentology Option, and would be able to get a pretty good job now with all the baby boomers getting older. The ironic part is, I'm one of those baby boomers and will turn 50 this year.

Later taters!

Last edited by Jana; 01-23-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Angry

Well....there's always Sapphire Sirens.....

Old 01-24-2003, 07:17 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Carree - You are too funny! I think I have a winner - Carree's Corner. That's because you are the one who has kept this thread alive all along. When the rest of us are AWOL, you drag us back here and make us accountable. Also, you have lost most of (all??) of the weight you wanted and are an inspiration to us.

Ruth - what do you think of Carree's Corner? I still like "Shoulders to Lean on" too.

Kat - don't make me come after you! Where the heck are you?

Well, yesterday I was out with DD and got home way past snack time and was ravenous. I got into some cookies (Nabisco Pinwheels) and ate 4 right away. I practically got tennis elbow from shoveling them in so fast! I then adjusted my points journal and made up for it, but that meant I had to forgo healthy, filling food for later. What a mistake! BTW, I ususally carry a couple of fruit and grain bars in the glove box for this type thing, but had run out. Also, I have to buy a new bag, because the cookies were for the youth group at church! DH is taking the rest of the first bag to his office. Anyway, I had to go to bed early to sleep through the hunger pangs. It sure wasn't worth it, and was a good lesson.

Hope all of you are doing well. See you later. Hope we can start a brand new thread with a brand new name....
Jana
Old 01-24-2003, 07:04 PM   #15  
Fit and Feisty

Default Jana, Jana, Jana.......

So NOT TRUE! The photo I posted on this board a few weeks back is me all right, but taken about 30 lbs. ago! I would happily post a more updated photo, but I can't remember how I sized it smaller so that it would appear.

I am about 40 lbs. above my goal which I desperately need to lose.

I need all of you!

Love,
carree
Closed Thread