Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 04:29 PM   #61  

checking in real quick... Pilates was neat, not really strenous but I'm sure I will feel my abs tommorrow.

Svelte - I've heard that too. Yes, I take Sunday off and Wednesday too if I don't do yoga. Water is sposed to help remove the toxins too.

Oh Angie, you're making me home sick. I grew up skiing and snowmobiling. I love it. However, I do remember how sick of the cold you get after 8 months of it.

I'll be back later.
-W-
Old 01-04-2003, 05:03 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals, I'm back from Vegas in a BIG way . Ready for the weigh-in? drum rolllll please..... 201 lbs. YIKES! I was down to 193 the Wednesday before my birthday (12/14/02)--so I gained whatever I lost in December + 1 lb. OK. Deep breath. I am getting back on track and I am re-losing this weight. Frustrating it is, but not impossible--I've done it several times, actually (haha). TOM is supposed to be making an appearance any day now, but I'm not making any excuses about water retention or anything...I ate like a pig for 3 weeks and that's that. God! I am glad to be back and be able to be my normal anal self and get back on a rigid healthy eating plan.

Anyway, Vegas during New Year's eve was lots of fun. Stayed at the Four Queens hotel downtown--nothing in the way of fabulous but it was a place to sleep and take a shower. Each time hubby and I go to Vegas we always say that we're gonna stay at a Strip hotel the "next time". So far we've only stayed on the Strip 2x and that was before the Bellagio/Alladin/Paris/The Venetian and all those other super-mega fabulouso hotels were even there. Since then we've always stayed downtown since we get these outrageous 4-5 day package deals (air/room/meals) for about $350 bucks. Rented a car and went driving around to all the area shopping malls and factory outlets. Walked the strip and visited some of the hotels there for a couple of days. Bought a whole new underwear wardrobe--gonna throw out all my old cotton granny panties and feel sexy about myself while losing this darn weight. I feel disgusted with myself for being so out of control these past weeks. The New Year is here and I need to do this for myself, my health, my sanity. This year is gonna be about ME!!!! I am sooooo tired. I need to take a nap. My flight got in a little after 11pm last night and I didn't get to bed until after 12:30 a.m. My son woke up at 6:30 a.m. and I just had to drag my big fat butt out of bed to be with him. Had to catch up on all the posts while I was gone.

Washu! Glad you followed. You are going to look and feel great in that bikini.

Ladies, Happy New Year to all of you and I will stop by later after I catch up on my sleep. Oh yeah, I am going to try and take a walk today. Baby steps ya know. Come Monday, i'm gonna kick some a** on this challenge thing--positive thinking is always good.

love ya!

-----------------------
10/24/02 Starting weight: 215 lbs
1/4/03 Current weight: 201 lbs.
Challenge goal: 191 (10 lbs to lose by 2/3/03)
Old 01-04-2003, 06:04 PM   #63  
Finally Fit!

So fun to have people over, and be a part of a business venture. Loved the party, and signed up, money and all, for this company. Creative Memories... it's great, and the Consultant I met is wonderful. She's great, and didnt pressure me at all. I love it. It's great to have something you like, and be paid for it. I alredy set up three more parties... woo hoo i'm on my way. I'd love snow.. of course, i'd like it more if it were monday morning, and we'd get snowed in. cocoa, watching the snow fall.. romantic thought.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:21 PM   #64  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey where is everyone???? I thought we were supposed to check in everyday? I am bored tonight and noone is around. Am I the only one without a life???!!! LOL
Old 01-05-2003, 06:35 PM   #65  
Finally Fit!

I"m here....
Old 01-05-2003, 06:37 PM   #66  
Finally Fit!

I didn't exercise today. I laid around, doing laundry,a nd watching TV and movies. Then, it started snowing really hard, so I watched that. Basically, I exercised my eyes all day long. We went out to Chinese, even in the bad weather. nothing stops us from eating out. Then, to make matters worse, went to grandma's for a nice roast beef and mashed potatoes dinner... almost died getting there, but again, nothing stops us! I shoveled the walkway, and pretended like it was my big exercise.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #67  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have been so bored this weekend that I even did extra exercise yesterday.I already did 45 minutes today but I will do another 15 later.We got so much snow and Candi loves to burrow in it. She came inside this afternoon with so many snowballs stuck to her belly.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #68  
Finally Fit!

I'm so sick of snow! Last year, we barely even got cold weather, this year we're already maxed out on snow days at the schools. I still ***** that I need a treadmill. I sear I'd be a hardbody if I had one.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:53 PM   #69  
Finally Fit!

Man I didn't think the picture was that big... i look like the stay puff girl.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #70  

Hey guys. I think I have recovered from my brothers wedding now. Boy did I have a few to many. I am not supposed to drink and the meds. (Effexor) It goes right to my head. But hey, on the bright side I didn't eat much. lol

Angie is that your back yard? I am so jealouse. I had to rake my back yard but no snow out there. I was in shorts and still sweating.

I have two tatoos on is on my lower back of a red and yellow sun and the other is in the middle of my upper back and it is the eye of Ra. Hubby is supposed to get that one too.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:16 AM   #71  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. Just checking in before I go to bed. The scale says weird things. Today I am back down to 198 lbs. I must've been majorly retaining water or something. That's still 5 lbs up from what I lost so far--not good, but not as bad as I thought. This is my second day home from my trip and today I've really tried to stay on course. Did okay for the most part and got in my regular walk. Had to push my son in the stroller because there is no way I would make him walk that far...I was huffing and puffing pushing those 40 lbs up those hills. We're getting new carpet in the living and dining room area so we've also been ripping out the old one and moving all the furniture. That's a workout in itself. I can only imagine what kind of aches and pains I'll have in the morning.

Speaking of tattoos, I've got one of a skull with glowing yellow eyes clutching a rose in it's teeth on my left shoulder. I was 18 when I got it--now that I think about it, I wish I would've chosen a better picture. Oh well, I was young, rebellious and thought it was cool. Silly me! My sister and I got tatts at the same time. Her's is like a black widow spider on her left shoulder. She was my maid of honor at my wedding and we both had some shoulder-baring dressess. I have a picture of the both of us facing the priest and you can see both tatts on our backs. Kinda funny! Elegant dresses and up-dos, with spider/skull tattoos.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Monday morning so I can get back into a routine. Check back w/you ladies tomorrow.

**Chris, you do not look like the Stay Puff girl. You look wonderful. I love the color of your hair.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #72  
Finally Fit!

Hair color is one of those things I can afford to change... sometimes monthly. Thanks. Sometimes I feel like the michelin man... i critique every inch in photos. Funny story: people now pick on my doggie, say she's chubby. I get so angry about that. She's a terrier,a d i walk her all the time. she's in great shape. I get so insulted by it, cause i'm the mom, and i feel like it's a dig on me. I hate comments about my little baby pupper.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:12 AM   #73  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah, that is my back yard at the beginning of the storm. We ended up getting over a foot of snow that day. YUCK!! Can I pack it all up and ship it to you Kempy?

Chris, Your dog doesn't look overweight to me. Rebel used to be overweight(my fault totally) and we had to put him on a diet(It is pretty sad when you overfeed your dog so bad that HE gets sick!! LOL) He has lost a few pounds and is a skinny minny but he hasn't been sick since I stopped getting him his own burger on Saturdays. haha

Noelle,I fluctuate on my weight so bad too. It usually takes a few days for the bloat to go away and then I know what I did for damage on my pig outs. Strange how our bodies work isn't it?

Last edited by angieME; 01-06-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:40 PM   #74  

Hey guys, just checking in for today. I wasn't able to workout this morning. I am watching my brothers dogs and cat so i had to head over there before work today. Of course I had on a white sweatshirt and they jumped on me. I was able to get most of it out. I don't know how my brother does it. I won't be able to workout tonight either. I am going to get my hair colored after work and I usually don't get home until 7. I am not even going to cook dinner tonight. I will just make myself a smoothie before I leave to have as my dinner.

Angie I wish that snow would last long enough to get it here.

Noell funny about the tattoo. I have thought about that before. What happens when I am an 80 year old woman I have this sun on my back. I prpobably won't have anyone seeing that low though. At least I don't think I am going to be a hot granny but you never know.

Chris I tear myself apart in pictures too. Don't worry about anything you look great.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:19 PM   #75  
Finally Fit!

Today is the first day in a long time, that I truly feel depressed. I want to drown myself in a large bowl of fettucini alfredo, and garlic bread. I want to watch movies til my eyes hurt. I want to end my day with a banana split, with all the bad stuff on top. And, I want to lay in bed, cry (can't usually do that), and for no reason, but because.
Closed Thread