Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #121  

Checking in for yesterday, the day got busy and away from me last night with practices, parent teacher conferences, errands, groceries, having to cook for the first time in 10 days, homework, laundry (back to reality!) I have a sick kid home yesterday and today also. His first two baseball games were rained out and now will be sick for the 3rd and 4th. Poor baby, he's bummed.
I had a good on plan eating day yesterday, but I suspect I was low on calories. Today, the bodybugg goes back on so I know what I am burning and I will start back logging all my food. I got in my 96oz water yesterday, but didn't visit the bathroom much so I suspect I am dehydrated. Today, I will try to up the water a bit more. Got in the one workout yesterday and was going to go out for a walk later on, but I was really tired so I hit the bed early. Today, I will probably do cardio again, maybe the ellliptical, with a few weights too. I will formally start another weight lifting program on Monday, I have to plan it out.
I braved the scale today and I think I should have waited a few more days. I was 200.4, which is up 4 pounds from when I left. I know I didn't gain 4 pounds though, so I am trying not to sweat it too much. Just waiting for my body to equalize. Hoping by Sunday I am back down near my ticker weight.

Larry, thank you for updating us and I am sorry you have to go through all that! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

I have more personals to do, but will be back later to catch up!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #122  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi all!

Sorry, I didn't come back on here yesterday. My youngest came down with a fever and then started puking last night. I'm really tired this morning, so I probably won't be around today either. Up a pound on the scale, but not surprising given the lack of sleep.

Thinking of you all (especially you, Larry! Take care of yourself!).
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #123  

Height: 5'1"

LARRY You are in my thoughts and prayers today. So happy they caught this while there was a chance to fix it. Good job keeping on plan in the hospital.

Well, the rain made it impossible for me to run yesterday. And I was so bummed about it. I think I may like this running thing HEHE!! My weight has been at 183.2 exactly since Sunday morning...GRR!! I did 3 miles on the elliptical last night, going to do another 3 tonight and then hopefully Friday and Saturday I'll be able to do the other two days of c25k to finish the first week.

Book is going really well. I'm going to go back and flesh out the beginning some more. I'm really excited about it. My best friend's GF is an editor at Random House and I have a few other "INs" to the publishing world. I used to review books for Simon and Schuster as well so as long as I can finish the darned thing, you all will probably be reading it someday. HAHA!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Stacy - YES!!! TOTALLY! We will for sure be running a 5k together when we are 140. HAHA!!

Melissa - EEK! Good luck with the curtains...and maintaining your sanity!!

Still - Cupcakes are evil. They are my one true weakness in the sweet category. I'm usually a savory craver.

K9- That's a great article. Thanks for posting. I used to do that ALLLLLLLLLL the time. That's why all my previous attempts at losing weight failed.

Roadbiker - Good luck with your online course! Now go do your homework missy!!! HEHE!!

Jo- Hi!!! Just wanted to say WELCOME BACK!! We missed you! Happy birthday and glad to hear you had a great time in Costa Rica!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #124  
~Kim~

Wow! Being busy makes it hard to keep up with you all!

Way too much to address everyone, but for a few:

Larry ~ I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best.

Lindsey ~ You're pictures are awesome! What a world of difference, you have to be so proud!

Jomatho ~ Welcome back!

As for me I've been busy busy busy. I had to go return some things yesterday and look for some capris. I only have one pair of jeans that fit right now and since I'm going to be in Florida I figure capris will be nicer. I almost got two pair but hopefully in another month or two I'll be down in a lower size so I decided that would be a bad idea to waste the money. Today I need to get the oil changed in the car and my husband needs me to pick up a few things for his trip. He also got a tac in one of his bike tires and we need to try to fix that because that's how he'll be getting to work next week since I'll have the car. I also need to get the house straightened up a bit and do some laundry. Ahh! I still have 3 days before I leave, but I feel overwhelmed! It's been bit harder to focus on exercise and my eating hasn't been as tight as usual. I had a ton of sodium yesterday and I can feel my body holding onto water. Hopefully everything will even out so that I'll have a good weighin on Friday.

Ok, things to do, I hope everyone has a great day!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #125  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Larry, I know I'm probably too late with this, but I'm just now seeing your posts. You are probably already in surgery.....Your post made me cry. Wish I could hug you man! I know you'll be fine, but I can only imagine your fear. Know that I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW.....and will continue to do so. Thank GOD that you had the motivation to take what weight off that you have. God is good like that. He always gives us what we need, when we need it. I feel like He's given you more time.......you have a purpose, ya know! Hope you take this "second chance" and run with it! You are truly an inspiration!!!

I'm going to read the rest of what I missed, but I just wanted to write this in the hopes that Larry might see it before he goes in to surgery.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #126  
Diana

Okay, well it sounds like we're all doing pretty well, except Larry. Ya'll, I've got a knot in my stomach knowing that he may be having open heart surgery right now.

Well, I did weigh in last night......new low of 204.8! I've kinda become relaxed lately with my eating, tracking, etc. But Larry has given me new motivation. There is so much more reason to do this than just because "I'll look better!" This is life or death in a lot of cases. Our new lifestyles are going to add time to our lives. What greater reason and motivation is there for not caving in?!?! That food....one or two or three bites of "sin" that tastes good is SOOOOOOO not worth taking time off our lives and away from our loved ones! We owe it to ourselves and our loved ones to NOT take those "bites of sin!" That is exactly what our WW leader talked about last night....taking care of ourselves and taking time for ourselves and how we can't be much good to others if we don't take the time to be good to ourselves.

I'll be back later on today. I've got much to do. Be good everyone!! Have a fantastic, on target day! Let's keep the prayers goin' up for Larry in the next several days.....not that God would or could ever forget our prayers, but let's keep buggin' him about Larry!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. I am thinking and praying for Larry today. I was also happy to hear how well Novel is doing on her Novel! Shells was up on the scale as was Jo and myself. Poo! I am going to the gym to do lots and lots of sweating and see if I can't get the scale to move back down. My eating has been pretty good... but i was resting my legs a bit from my 5K so perhaps it is lack of exercise.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Good morning everyone. I am thinking and praying for Larry today. I was also happy to hear how well Novel is doing on her Novel! Shells was up on the scale as was Jo and myself. Poo! I am going to the gym to do lots and lots of sweating and see if I can't get the scale to move back down. My eating has been pretty good... but i was resting my legs a bit from my 5K so perhaps it is lack of exercise.
I'm with you! I need to sweat it out today too, and then drink it all back in
Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #129  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I'm with you! I need to sweat it out today too, and then drink it all back in
Double ditto! Let's make it a good one today ladies! (while thinking about Larry!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #130  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Sleep day for me today and work tonight.

Looking forward to TGIF!

Will this be down on the scale???

Praying for Larry: Praying for all of my new friends from 3FC and being thankful on this humpday Wednesday for the new insight, encouragement, and motivation u all have given me over the past week and a half.

Have a beautifully blessed day

((soon 2b ticker)) HA
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Still – Sounds like you rocked Tuesday!

Diana – Isn’t that crazy?! It bothers me…why tease me like that scale? If you’re going back up tomorrow, don’t come down today. Btw, that video – GORGEOUS!!!!

Berry – If you have a cold I wouldn’t worry too much about exercising, at least not anything strenuous. Rest your body and get well!

K9 – I love that info you posted! It makes me think there is no “right” day for starting out on plan. I’ve been guilty of that in the past, I’ll start Monday or next week. Then..I never start..

Roadbiker – Thank you! *blushes* Congrats on the new low! You’re doing awesome!

Jo – You’ll be back to your ticker weight in no time!!!

Shells – I hope the little one is feeling better soon!! And I hope you can catch some Zs!!!

Novel – Dang rain! I hate when it ruins my outdoor exercise plans! I think you’re weight is holding steady because of all the exercise you’re doing – muscles are retaining water! I bet you’ll see a whoosh soon!

Dimples – Thank you! I still cannot believe it when I look at those pictures. It makes me think NEVER AGAIN! Have fun on your trip!!

Gaining – Congrats on the new low!

Larry – You're in my thoughts today!!

New low...138.4! Probably be up tomorrow...that seems to be a common theme. BUT, if I can help it, by staying on plan and exercising, I say NEIGH [to a gain tomorrow]! Finally going to the hospice place today to get everything all ready...I'm nervous. Lots of homework to finish, including my final paper...can't believe I'm finishing another class. I like this 5 week class deal.

On a different note, anyone heard from LLBold? Pint? Our old friends from few threads back, Cinci or Roxanne?

I hope y'all have a positive, OP, lovely Wednesday! Let's pray for Larry!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #132  
Diana

I just tracked from YESTERDAY. Not bad, though...I came in at 1141 calories for the day.

280 calories so far today. I'm trying not to go over 1200/day. It HARD. But it's working, I guess.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Double ditto! Let's make it a good one today ladies! (while thinking about Larry!)
Let's dedicate all our hard work today to Larry!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #134  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Let's dedicate all our hard work today to Larry!
Agreed! he would want us to work on our fitness anyway! So proud of him and what he's been doing to change his life around and once his ticker is functioning better, he'll be feeling even better to continue on his journey.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #135  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Down .4 today to 198.4. I really think that TOM is coming. Jerk!

Great workout last night! 45 min on the elliptical. My legs are aching today. I'm off to get caught up. I'll try to do personals later on. I'm sorry I am really slacking on those this week. Stupid work and life getting in the way of my posting!! LOL

Thinking of Larry today. :

Last edited by Vixsin; 04-13-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote