Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Her comment was that "nothing will be right as long as Diana is in your life".
Ya know, I always wonder WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT ME?

Seriously though. I'm nice...I've never been deliberately mean to any family member, so what's their problem with me? I treat their son VERY WELL. They should be lucky to have me as a DIL. They are if they can't see that!

Your MIL must be crazy, because I don't know WHY in the world she wouldn't like you Diana!

Sum, I feel for you! It's crazy how family, the people that are supposed to love you can cause so much upset!

What's not to like about us DILs??? Now, that's a MILLION dollar question. Is it a control issue for MILs? Like since we're their son's "main lady" they are jealous because they aren't his "main lady" anymore??? I think my MIL maybe worries that her advice and opinions are no longer wanted/needed because DH and I discuss things...she sure seems to share her opinion about everything regardless.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #47  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Berry: I wish I had a bike like that. My Maxwell would love it!
this was a gift that fell from the sky. I found it online and thought _THAT is IT_, but... that model is $1500 (plus shipping plus assembly - as they won't ship to home, only bike stores) and the other model is $2000. No way.

I looked for a used one and with only a couple hundred of these bikes in the world, one was for sale in my same town of 80,000! First he wanted $500 and then when I got there and saw my cute son who was so excited about it, he said, "nah, let's do $250. I just want someone to get some use out of it." (his son was now a teen with CP and they never got to use it much as is son couldn't get the hang of it). The ONLY thing it needs is a new kickstand otherwise it's in mint condition. And we are so grateful. Henry is on the autism spectrum and while he's just 'barely' on there, he is and he has motor planning issues. Add to that he's HUGE (tall/big) and he outgrows the tricycles, etc too early - before he's mastered skills. This is a great transition for him and will be less scary to learn and then we'll get him his own bike with training wheels, but right now, he forgot in the last year without a tricycle that he needs to pedal FORWARDS. He'll get there though.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-11-2011 at 02:15 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #48  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post

What's not to like about us DILs??? Now, that's a MILLION dollar question. Is it a control issue for MILs? Like since we're their son's "main lady" they are jealous because they aren't his "main lady" anymore??? I think my MIL maybe worries that her advice and opinions are no longer wanted/needed because DH and I discuss things...she sure seems to share her opinion about everything regardless.
I don't know, but I'm sure taking notes so that I won't be a nightmare MIL to my future daughter in laws. I KNOW that if I want to be a continual part in my son's lives, I have to play by THEIR rules or I'll be on the outs. How come some many women never learn this? The dads do usually, but not the moms. My goal is to be super mother in law that the kids beg me to visit! (Is that even realistic? LOL)
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #49  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

LidseyLou I have pondered over that question many, many times...I have always treated my in-laws with respect. We have spent each holiday, birthday or any other life event with them. I have never kept them from kids....and it always seems it is not enough.

I think some people are just never happy, no matter what. -- So many people dwell on negativity, and along the path they forget to smell the roses.

I hope I will do better as a MIL. -- I love and adore my husband. I am still madly in love with him. -- We have two great, smart, healthy and happy children. -- I look at it, that we have done pretty well what comes to the love and caring department... Sometimes I wonder as well if my MIL is jealous and is doing this on purpose; see if I crack, so to speak.... I definitely feel at times that she enjoyed being the only woman. She has two sons....

Sad part is; at the end of the day she is the one who will miss out.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lindsey My MIL definitely has control issues. I found out after we were married, that she was trying to get DH to wash her car the day we were getting married. I didn't realize until after we were married that she had issues all along with me. While DH and I were dating, I would make sure that he included his Mom with everything we did. DH's Dad had just passed away when we started dating, so I wanted to make sure she wasn't left alone. It's really sad that my MIL has missed out on being a part of our lives. She just does not realize how much I wanted all of us to be close. I came from a very small family. I don't have any siblings. My Mom had issues with my Dad's family and with her own family at times. So my contact with "family" is very limited. I truly wanted her as my family. People are crazy!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Berry That's an awesome deal on the bike. I'm glad you were able to get it.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #52  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was defnitely not long enough!!

I did my first day of C25K on Saturday and I wasn't in such dreadful awful pain on Sunday! LOL! I also did 3 miles on the elliptical on Friday night. Yesterday was a rest day, but I cleaned and did a little shopping.

I did stick to the plan this weekend. Stayed within my points, but did gain about a pound (183) from what I assume is water weight from maybe the excess sodium from dining out. On Saturday night I had a really delicious salmon with veggies in a citrus lime sauce (that I got on the SIDE) Overall it was a much better weekend than last in terms of watching myself.

_____

Lindsey - Just wanted to say you look great in that photo you posted from the other thread!! Also, with regard to your friends that aren't really friends. I have had this happen to me. My thoughts are that if they are not in your daily life, then phase them out. You definitely do not need all the negativity. You are a really positive person who gives so much support and cares so much about other people that you definitely don't need to be exposed to negativity. If you are not getting back what you put out, it's probably a waste of your time to try and continue the friendships.

Stacy - WOOHOO!!! Congrats on 179!!! You did it girl! I'm still stuck in the 180s but hopefully not for long. I just wanted to say that I saw your note to me about sticking to plan with you on the weekend and it touched me so much that I DID!! HAHA! And you are the only reason...well, you and the fact that I want to get to 140 this year. So thank you so so much for that!!

Larry - I'm so sorry you are in the hospital. Hope you get well soon!!

Roadbiker- 42 miles!!! OMG!!! I don't think a little popcorn is gonna hurt! Way to go!

K9- Happy to hear you made good choices this weekend!

Jen - WOW! I can't believe you are putting up a pool....in your pregnant state. That's impressive. Sorry to hear about the issues with your families dogs. That makes me sad.

Diana - CONGRATS ON GETTING TO 150!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa - Wow! You seem to be losing weight left and right! I want your metabolism!! Good luck on your tests today! Hope they all have positive results

Lisa - I do WW. But I don't do points plus...just the old plan. I like it. I've lost 20 pounds since January.

Sum - Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! Sometimes we need those! Now get right back on plan girl!!!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #53  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was defnitely not long enough!!

I did my first day of C25K on Saturday and I wasn't in such dreadful awful pain on Sunday! LOL! I also did 3 miles on the elliptical on Friday night. Yesterday was a rest day, but I cleaned and did a little shopping.

I did stick to the plan this weekend. Stayed within my points, but did gain about a pound (183) from what I assume is water weight from maybe the excess sodium from dining out. On Saturday night I had a really delicious salmon with veggies in a citrus lime sauce (that I got on the SIDE) Overall it was a much better weekend than last in terms of watching myself.

Melissa - Wow! You seem to be losing weight left and right! I want your metabolism!! Good luck on your tests today! Hope they all have positive results

Glad you had a great weekend and on plan too. That way you can walk away from the weekend and feel good about everything.

And my metabolism? Well... I have an under active thyroid which is still too low. We'll see by how much tomorrow or the day after. I'm sure it's mostly coming down because a. I'm still very overweight. b. I never go over calories when you factor in exercise and I'm usually way under and c. I exercise 6 days a week. Though it is getting harder to eat less and less. Initially I could eat 1800 a day. Now it's giving me 1500 a day and I typically eat between 1200-1450.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #54  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey, everybody!

First of all, Larry, how are you doing? I'm thinking about you and hoping things are going well for you and that the hospital is getting your cardio symptoms all sorted out.

Diana 3271- Yay for the 150!!! How exciting! Your MIL sounds ridiculous, BTW.

Melissa- that bike is awesome, and I'm really glad you got such an amazing deal on it.

surfergirl- I'm with you that mixing it up every now and then seems to aid in the whole process. I don't purposefully stagger calories yet, but I have had my high days and my low days.

Vixsin- Hope your scale stops messing around with your head!!

Lindsey- I've also took steps to disengage from the negative people in my life lately. Its done wonders for my world outlook. I'd suggest that you just let the distance grow with time. That's what has worked for me.

I'm doing well, was down a couple more pounds when I weighed myself yesterday morning (173 again) but this morning I was back up to 175. I think I was just dehydrated or something. But that number keeps on popping up! I ate kind of terribly over the weekend, stayed within my calories but made bad choices. I had a candy bar, some salt n vinegar chips, and a cupcake over the weekend. The weekends always get me one way or another- I have to take a look at that and figure out how to plan my weekend eating better. But I did get a lot of GREAT exercise in, both natural exercise and the gym. It was gorgeous here over the weekend, so pretty much DH, little man and I spent the entire weekend outside.

My heart rate monitor is on its way. I ended up choosing the Polar f6 off of Amazon, primarily because the ratings indicate its accurate, it has the anti-crosstalk feature, and the used one I found cost less than half the normal price, putting it lower than my expected budget.

I hope you guys are having great days!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Diana 3271- Yay for the 150!!! How exciting! Your MIL sounds ridiculous, BTW.
Thank you! And she's CRAZY, too! Congrats on the HRM!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

Sad part is; at the end of the day she is the one who will miss out.
SO true.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lindsey My MIL definitely has control issues. I found out after we were married, that she was trying to get DH to wash her car the day we were getting married. I didn't realize until after we were married that she had issues all along with me. While DH and I were dating, I would make sure that he included his Mom with everything we did. DH's Dad had just passed away when we started dating, so I wanted to make sure she wasn't left alone. It's really sad that my MIL has missed out on being a part of our lives. She just does not realize how much I wanted all of us to be close. I came from a very small family. I don't have any siblings. My Mom had issues with my Dad's family and with her own family at times. So my contact with "family" is very limited. I truly wanted her as my family. People are crazy!
That is so sad! You try hard to include them and be polite and respectful and they have issues with you from day one it seems like. You're right, people are crazy!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
Lindsey - Just wanted to say you look great in that photo you posted from the other thread!!
You are a really positive person who gives so much support and cares so much about other people that you definitely don't need to be exposed to negativity.
I think you made my day. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post

Lindsey- I've also took steps to disengage from the negative people in my life lately. Its done wonders for my world outlook. I'd suggest that you just let the distance grow with time. That's what has worked for me.
I agree, I think it will make a world of difference!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #60  

Novel - Congrats on C25k!! Awesome work!!! How do you feel?

Still - Ehh, dang scale. I think it's water weight! You'll see 173 again soon!

Thank you ladies for all your input! I appreciate it! Y'ALL ROCK!!!