Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Mom frustrations

Just a little frustration as a mom. I have (unsalted) butter, full-fat cheese, full-fat yogurts ~ all my favourite yummy things for my baby that I really can't eat anymore. I know some people can have just .5oz and pack it away but... not me So I avoid it anyways. Luckily I can moderate myself on his other fatty foods (avocado).

Anyone got food in the fridge that they just don't eat, but love to look at it everytime???
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, it's not easy. Some of my son's things just aren't tempting at all, but others? It can be rough. My husband brought home some donuts that are sitting on the counter TAUNTING ME!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

See, I don't get rid of the fat as calories have to come from somewhere and it seaside on your body to process fat than protein (less hard on your kidneys). So when I add milk to my tea, it's full fat. When I eat cheese, it's full fat. And when I use butter, it's butter. Now I don't go overboard on meat/dairy fats, but I don't eliminate them. Most of my fat is vegetable fats.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #4  

I do eat a good 65g per day it's just I get it from other sources, because I'll eat wayyyy too much cheese and butter, lol
Old 04-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It gets a little easier after they hit 2 and can have the lower fat stuff. My two year old still drinks whole milk (which holds ZERO temptation for me), but he eats the lower fat cheese and sour cream, etc. like we do. I don't eat fat free dairy products so that helps, I think.

One thing that is hard for me are some of his snacky things. I'm a carb monster (and it's worse since I'm nursing!) so his goldfish and crackers and granola bars, etc. call to me regularly. We snack on fresh fruit and veggies and the like, but he does need quite a few carbs being the age he is so I have to stay strong in the pantry.

I also don't deprive him of treats. We make food kind of a non-issue in our house (so that it doesn't become an issue for him, if that makes sense) and so will have junk every now and then. If he wants a donut while we're at the store, sometimes the answer is yes. Sometimes it's no. But I've learned to buy those things in single servings if I can, that way I'm not tempted as much.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Wait till he's a toddler! We have a good stock of "healthy" snacks, whole grain organic crackers, dark chocolate edamame, and some not so healthy for DS. Many of things are trigger foods for me and sometimes I can handle none or just one and sometimes I can't. It's just part of the journey I guess.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
One thing that is hard for me are some of his snacky things. I'm a carb monster (and it's worse since I'm nursing!) so his goldfish and crackers and granola bars, etc. call to me regularly. .
omg, exact. same. thing.

Goldfish. Darn those little crackers.

My son also likes cheeze its which works out well because I will not eat them because of cheeze it situation over 10 years ago involving ants.

But yeah, carby stuff is my down fall. Also raisins. I swear only I could binge on raisins.

Also I keep banans in the house for the kids. (I have a 11 month old and a 3 year old) Well, for me I really can't eat bananas (well I CAN, I love them!) but its just not worth it while trying to lose weight, plus I watch my sugar/carbs because it just leads to over eating.
Oh and cereal. Seems harmless, but I can over eat (like many bowls at once) cereal. But the kids, especially my little one, loves Chex.

We don't keep any junk junk in the house. Cookies, cakes, potato chips ect. We just don't....thank goodness, because I'd eat it all...

If I didn't have kids, I would not keep the carby treats in the house.

I have found that if I eat meals that are high in protien and good fats and do NOT eat any carby treats, that my cravings have really minimized and I stay full longer. It helps when I have those pesky Goldfish out in the kitchen just smiling at me. (And for those of you that don't buy Goldfish, they do have little smiles on them!)
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #8  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

I have the same temptations. I'm not sure what age your little one is, but I will say that now that my daughter is close to two and eats most of the same food as us, it is much easier.

I actually do keep many full-fat ingredients in the house for cooking, but just because I prefer to cook with ingredients as close to whole and unprocessed as possible. I just have limit my portions, which can be hard!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #9  

Ahh I'm not alone He's barely 10 months so while he does he what we eat, I supplement his food with the high fat stuff too