Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #1  
Ilana

S/C/G: 165/152/135

Height: 5,2

Default Stalled weight loss

I have been on the SBD for over a month. I lost 13 lbs in the first 2 1/2 weeks and have been stalled at 152 rest of the time. I know 13 lbs is a lot but I am not cheating at all, have stayed mostly within the strictest phase of the diet except I added one med whole wheat tortilla at lunch, and I am frustrated that I get on the scale every few days and nothing is happening! I go to the gym every other day for 40 min minimum, can someone suggest something I can do? I have a vacation coming in July and would really like to fit in my sundresses by then.
IlanaDemars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Did you take measurements? Many times Sbeacher find they will be losing inches and not pounds, especially if they have added lots of exercise.

P1 is not really going to give you any addl weightloss...perhaps it would be good to start adding a little more variety to your diet, too.

South Beach has a great forum here! You're invited to stop over!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Are you kidding? 13lb is pretty amazing. It's no little feat. Stalls are really annoying, but I think they're kind of a test. An annoying test lol. Are you also using at tape measuerer? Some people notice they're losing inches even when the scale isn't moving. Give it another week, and if there's no change, maybe you could tweak something. I'm not familiar enough with SBD to suggest anything, though, but maybe someone else can.

Most importantly: don't give up! If I hadn't stalled and decided to maintain for "a few weeks" or "a month," I might be looking at a different number on MY scale right now. Just keep at it.

Also, congrats on the loss, and great job.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I have bad and good news for you.

Bad news: unless you were on a low carb diet to begin with a good amount of that weight you lost was water. How much? Who knows. 5-6 lbs would be my guess. Add in another pound for eating less thus less going through your bowels.

Good news: unless you're lying to us you've still be losing fat the entire time you're on the diet.

Bad news: scale is stuck because you're retaining water.

Good news: your body will eventually release the water and you'll lose weight fast.

Bad news: you probably didn't take pictures or measurements before you started dieting.

Good news: you can start taking measurements and pictures so you are not 100% relying on an unreliable measure of progress - the scale.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #5  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlanaDemars View Post
I have been on the SBD for over a month. I lost 13 lbs in the first 2 1/2 weeks and have been stalled at 152 rest of the time. I know 13 lbs is a lot but I am not cheating at all, have stayed mostly within the strictest phase of the diet except I added one med whole wheat tortilla at lunch, and I am frustrated that I get on the scale every few days and nothing is happening! I go to the gym every other day for 40 min minimum, can someone suggest something I can do? I have a vacation coming in July and would really like to fit in my sundresses by then.

Move to phase 2 or even do a phase 1.5.

Phase 1 is only for 14 days and that's just to acclimate your body and reduce sugar and carb cravings. You are not supposed to linger in this phase and try to lose all of your weight with such a restrictive diet.
Phase 2 is where you should lose the bulk of your weight, and phase 3 is for when you're in maintenance mode.
HappilyMe is offline   Reply With Quote