Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #16  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Just to play devil's advocate here...i hope no one is going to judge me if i say i'm on a diet and then i'm seen eating a slice of cake or an ice cream cone or a McDonald's burger or something. If that happens, it might be because i've fallen off my plan...but it could just as well be that i was craving ice cream and i worked hard to plan and save calories for it.
I agree! I've been on plan since March of last year and I still eat McD's and Taco bell!!! No one better be judging my size four *** munchin on chicken nuggets or a taco, especially since I've also had a size fourteen *** in the recent past.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5

I used to be one of the "skinny" people who ate whatever I wanted without gaining a pound--but, unfortunately, when we grow up our metabolism changes...which is part of the reason why I gained 30 lbs in the last 3 years (even while trying to diet.) Of course, there are lifestyle reasons too.

But, when I was in high school, I was in a group of three best friends. One was anorexic, one was overweight, and one was me.

My anorexic friend would always complain about how "fat" she was--but, I want to emphasize that people with body disorders aren't reflecting on others, but often they are just hard on their own body, because they have issues with their own self worth and image.

The problem with women saying they're fat, usually lays in their own body image, which is usually compared to ridiculously thin, yet busty, fashion and TV models. They aren't comparing themselves to normal women like you, I, or the women on this site, but to airbrushed toothpicks with breast implants. And compared to them, everyone is "fat."

My overweight friend watched her food and ate healthier than both of us--but she was still overweight. I watched her un-fruitful trek through Jenny Craig, and other diets. She would exercise, while me and my anorexic friend sat around watching TV (and I was eating bacon and mac+cheese). Plus, she came from a very thin mom, and so couldn't figure out why she was the only one in her family with weight problems. And people did make comments to her about what she ate.

I am happy, and a little jealous, to report, that she is now skinnier than both me and my anorexic friend, because she eats healthy and goes jogging every day, and we never had to worry about our weight, so we succeeded in gaining it after our metabolisms aged. Now, she is the skinny one who I glower at. Cheers!
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/197/180

Height: 5'10

I'm glad most of you guys agree with me.. I gotta a little nervous there when one of the first posts "took it the wrong way". Glad i'm not the only one that gets fed up with some things!
Live4Summer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 277/114/115

Height: 5' 1.5"

My husband was one of those people who could eat 'anything and everything'. He's not 'fat biased' though. And now...it's a good thing...poor man hit 58 yrs. old and all of a sudden he's put on 18 lbs. and has NO idea how to get it back off! He has been thrown into the fat camp....and it's really upsetting to watch him.

I know we all think about putting these high metabolism folks into a 'fat tank' and then say 'see how it is?' but when it really happens to someone who you love...it's not any fun.

The good thing is that he now 'understands' what it takes (while many do NOT) to actually lose the weight and keep it off.
neanderpam107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #20  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
If I am in a social situation where it is obvious I am not eating everything in sight, I always say that I am trying to be careful and watching my weight. That way, if they see me with a piece of cake or whatever, there is nothing they can say.

AND, I must admit......I LOVE this website, BUT when I click onto a subject and see that the author has 20 or less points to lose, I go to the next forum. I have NO interest in helping someone who is obviously on the wrong site.
Why would someone with less than 20 lbs to lose be on the wrong site?That just seems mean spirited.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/142/130

Height: 5'4"

I really dislike when people who clearly look great grab the one ounce of chub they have and say they are so fat, then look around for people to say "No, you're so skinny. You're so pretty. I wish I was your weight." That makes me hack!
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #22  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Quote:

AND, I must admit......I LOVE this website, BUT when I click onto a subject and see that the author has 20 or less points to lose, I go to the next forum. I have NO interest in helping someone who is obviously on the wrong site.
This makes me sad. I love this site and hang around past goal to learn new things, help others, and gain support to maintain my weight and get even healthier.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #23  
~Kim~

Mmmmmm... People who have less then 20lbs to lose still need support. Just because I have 85 more lbs to go doesn't mean I belong here. Does that mean when I get down to only having 15lbs left to lose I should leave?

Not the best way to think about things. We all need support, that's why we're here.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Summer13 View Post
I'm glad most of you guys agree with me.. I gotta a little nervous there when one of the first posts "took it the wrong way". Glad i'm not the only one that gets fed up with some things!
It's not that I take it the wrong way, I do understand what you are saying, and when I was still overweight I probably would have said the same thing. But after being a maintainer for many years, I found that a lot of that frustration & resentment was more of a reflection on myself rather than the actual situation of the typical 'skinny' person.

Frustration that some people can eat 'whatever they want' and still lose weight, when truthfully, the vast majority of 'skinny' people's definition of 'whatever they want' is just 3x less than what I wanted to eat. Or that I thought everyone was judging me for what I ate when I was doing the same thing. I think it's just as much of a personal emotional journey as a physical one.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your post, and obviously many people do feel the same way and you certainly aren't alone, but that's just my own perspective as a maintainer.

And MonicaM, do you really mean those with less than 20lbs have no business being here? I can think of a few now-slim gals who have lost 100,200lbs+ and are probably some of the best sources of help & inspiration on here!

Whether you need to lose 5 or 100lbs, or whatever your personal opinion is on THIS particular topic, it doesn't matter, everyone is welcome. A site like this one, that is so supportive, is extremely rare.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #25  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I hate it when people ask me what I do to lose weight. When I tell them I count calories, they look at me weird and make comments about that being "obsessive" or "bothersome". What I've found through my weight loss journey, that for me personally (you all might have different experiences) is that weight loss can be bothersome. It is often a pain in the @ss. I need to count calories...to me it isn't obsessive...it makes as much sense to me as budgeting my daily expenses. I have to exercise 5-6 times a week, whether I feel like it or not...and I often don't. I also don't like paying taxes, studying, and being a broke student, but that's life (for me). My point is, I guess, I can't stand it when people ask what I do then criticize my actions because (I'm guessing) they think (hope?) that weight loss is easy and effortless.

Last edited by Ookpik; 04-08-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I'm a grammar nerd!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

I am sick of skinny chicks because I am not one JEALOUS LOL just kidding kind of :P

I am sick of hearing the word diet come out of my kids mouth grrr but I still love them lol

Sick of my husband who can seem to lose weight just by looking at healthy food, but hes super supportive so I guess I should just shut up lol

I am sick of people telling me atkins is bad

I am sick of people telling me how to lose weight (how fast or slow I should)

I am sick of adivce from people who have never been fat!

I am sick of people thinking that I have an eating disorder just because I am not eating carbs (many any ways)

I am sick of being fat

I am sick of being fat opps already said that lol

I am sick of BIG PANTIES LOL

Ok I am done because I could go on forever yep Im bitter cant wait to not be a fat kid!

Oh yeah and I am sick of my friend who I love to death but is 350lbs with heart problems asking me (her)"WHY OH WHY cant I lose weight like you are?" (me)"what are you crunching on in my ear" (her)"Doritos" ME! > OMG GRRRRRRRRRRRRR DUH!

Last edited by Brooklynn; 04-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Skinny girl HATAHS unite...(j/k)..I was one of the skinny people..I've been one of the chunkier girls. I have news for y'all, if your head isn't in the right place it is just as hard to lose twenty pounds as it is 80!! Stop wasting your energy worrying about what the "skinny people" are doing and focus on yourselves....maybe you'll be happier.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #28  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I've got PMS so I'm just about sick of everything right now! I'd say that about 95% of the people I have come in contact with today have pissed me off in some way shape or form.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post

I am sick of BIG PANTIES LOL

OMG I am so sick of big girl panties too! I wanna wear cute bras and undies again
FatJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #30  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Quote:
O_o

I have major jealousy of people for whom food is just food. I used to be one of those people, but somewhere in the process of trying to improve my health and feel better about myself, I developed severely messed up thinking about food. At least exercise is still just exercise!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote