3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What have you done WELL today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/230015-what-have-you-done-well-today.html)

Live4Summer13 04-07-2011 11:27 AM

What have you done WELL today?

I know it is still earlier in the morning (here anyway) but I wanted to start this thread.

I see alot of negatives related to dieting in this part of the forum. So my question for you is...

What have you done WELL today (relating to your weight loss battle) ?

Today I was at the store. I saw Hot Fries were on sale (half off!).. I picked them up and looked at the nutritional info (I guess I was looking for some amazing finding saying it was okay to eat them).. and then put them back down and walked away. Hot fries are my favorite!!!!!

I feel like when I look at all the positives, the negatives just don't seem as bad anymore. Maybe thats because I have alot less negatives than I did before..

berryblondeboys 04-07-2011 11:35 AM

Well, I've done nothing today, but yesterday I went to an amazing restaurant with friends and they ordered three appetizers, wine, our entrees and desserts. I stuck with my low carb entree, took a teaspoon of one appetizer and a half teaspoon of two desserts. I still had a higher calorie day, but I made good choices and enjoyed the dinner without totally blowing it sugar and calorie wise. I was quite proud of myself and wasn't miserable either!

shannonmb 04-07-2011 11:43 AM

Today I took my daughter (she's on Spring Break) to a beautiful walking trail near our house. It's 1.2 miles around a big lake. We decided to go around once and then see how we felt about going again. Went around once and it felt great so we went another time! I walked FAST the whole time, and my little one jogged most of the 2nd time, stopping to let me catch up in between.

I feel GREAT about not only going a second time when I only promised myself once, but also that I went as fast as my legs could carry me the whole time without stopping -- and maybe most importantly, I am really starting to get it ingrained in my 10 year old that getting out and being active is FUN and something to always strive for.

I have 102 lbs to lose to get to goal, and today I am just feeling really GREAT about the whole thing!

seagirl 04-07-2011 11:43 AM

Planned and tracked breakfast and lunch.
Packed my yoga clothes.

zoodoo613 04-07-2011 11:44 AM

I ate my oatmeal this morning, and some tea and haven't snacked, so that's all good.

There were cookies in the house for a couple days and I ate one, not a dozen. I actually considered not eating it at all, but I'm really trying not to go off the deep end this time around, and so I talked myself back into it. I'm often an all or nothing person (mostly nothing when it comes to dieting). I'm trying really hard to pace myself.

PrimeTime 04-07-2011 11:44 AM

I had an awesome breakfast!! I FREAKIN LOVE A GOOD APPLE BAKE IN THE MORNING!!

runningfromfat 04-07-2011 11:46 AM

I spent 45 minutes lifting in the gym and I only had one cup of coffee for breakfast (I'm trying to cut back). Also instead of snacking, which I really wanted to do, I went to the gym so now I have more calories saved up for lunch/dinner.

Oh, and they had white chocolate toberlone bars on sale at the grocery store today and I walked past them without barely a glance!

ERHR 04-07-2011 11:55 AM

I haven't done much today, good or bad, in terms of direct weight-loss. However, early this morning I had blood drawn for a lipid panel. I've never had one done before and the medical professionals I've seen recently concerning my weight loss recommended it. So I'm excited for those numbers! If they're good that's awesome and if not I have another guidepost and tracking metric for improvement!

doopdoop 04-07-2011 12:09 PM

I got the 6 inch veggie patty sub for lunch instead of the 12 inch, even though I hadn't had breakfast and my stomach was essentially gnawing at itself all morning.

*fist pump*

ShanIAm 04-07-2011 12:24 PM

I said NO to jolly rancher flavored jelly beans. And I was not a party to breaking into my coworkers office who is on vacation to raid her M&M dispenser. :)

Tonight I am going to the gym!

stacygee 04-07-2011 12:24 PM

1. I had on plan breakfast.
2. I went to the gym and spent an entire hour on the elliptical.
3. I lifted weights with my trainer and did my best!

Thanks for reminding us of our good efforts!

Rana 04-07-2011 12:42 PM

Thanks for bringing in a positive thread!

I'm on plan, as always, but sick.

In some ways, being sick for me is good because I have no cravings or even hunger. My body just shuts down.

But it's bad because I feel low energy, I don't want to do anything except crawl into bed.

M0vingon 04-07-2011 01:02 PM

I had a healthy breakfast and morning snack. I packed a decent lunch for myself, so I am all prepped for meals until dinner- which I'll figure out later.

I walked the dog as briskly as he'd move this morning (too much stopping and sniffing!), which felt good. And I coloured my hair this morning- which while not related to weight loss, makes me feel better!

It's the little things that add up, right?

Creating Kayla 04-07-2011 01:27 PM

Today, I joined this amazing site! Definitely one of the best things I have done today. :)

morphomel 04-07-2011 01:42 PM

1. I hit the gym and my weight lifting class.
2. Made a delicious breakfast that I will be enjoying shortly.
3. I ignored the siren's call for Starbucks.
4. I have the rest of my day's food planned out.