Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default The Daily Struggle

No way around it... as I get older, losing weight gets harder. What worked for me in my 20's/30's is definitely not doing the trick in my 40's (nearly 50's!!)

I'm here to say that when approaching diet/exercise properly, men naturally lose weight easier/quicker than women. And it makes me jealous (of the manly metabolism!)

I'm here to say that I have been doing EVERYTHING RIGHT since Jan. 1 - PROPER diet and GOOD exercise! -and here it is April 1 and I have lost a total of 10 pounds. THREE MONTHS. Only ten pounds down. I'm TRYING really really hard to accept that the weight IS coming off, it's just doing it verrrryyyyy sloooowwwwwwwly. It's daunting! Aggravating! Disappointing! Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel forever & say WTF!?!?!?

But I really DO want to get to a "happy weight" (for me, that's about 140) and MAINTAIN it. So I can't give up. I keep "pep-talking" myself with the usual banter... "I'm doing it! Slow, but doing it!... I feel so much better since I've been exercising regularly - weight be damned! ... Not much poundage lost, but inches - yay! - my jeans no longer prevent my breathing! ..." etc etc.

But still... I struggle. And I think I have to really get used to the fact that where my weight is concerned, I always will struggle. ~sigh~

I wish I could just eat healthy & exercise & not worry about the weight. But apparently, that's not in my genetic makeup.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #2  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight! And though weight might always be something you need vigilance to maintain, maybe this can be the last time you struggle to lose it!

*hugs*
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #3  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

I know of what you speak!
I am 47 and weigh loss just eeks along for me. It's taken me almost a year and a half to lose this 30+. I KNOW I would be 50 pounds heavier right now if I had not persisted, because I was gaining an averge of 10 a year.. this is how I have to look at it. It is a move in the right direction..

Now if I could just make myself exercise!
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I was thinking about this this morning. I'm 38, but I think I'm already slowing down about bit. I know my mom has told me that it's very different for her.

Hang in there! You know that the choices are doing what you're doing and watching the weight creep down, or doing nothing at all and watching it creep up. You've made the right choice!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote