Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Who stole my sunshine? It's 45* and raining!

Krampus Sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. I hope today is better for you.

Berry Great job on the 4 miles and your .4 loss!

Pint That dress is cute!

Larry It will probably take a few days for you body to adjust to not having the diuretic.

LLBoldAsLove You did very well yesterday.

Stacy I'm glad you like the new workout pants!

Shells I did go to Bath and Body Works. They were sold out of the body wash in the scent that I wanted. I think it was Mango something. Anyways, I did buy the small size of the new scent they are launching. It was only $2 and it's called Country Chic. I'm glad the new perfume is a hit. I really like the fact that it lasts on me. Most fruity type scents last an hour or so and that's it. This one lasted all day/night. I am seriously considering buying another scent. It's called Beach by Bobbi Brown. I was thinking about purchasing a Sephora exclusive Clinique lip balm. If I order something, I will probably get it all at one time. I go through phases like this where I buy stuff. Then I won't buy anything for the longest time.

Jomatho Congrats on getting back to your ticker. Ha Ha, shopping confession time! Well, it started on Friday. I bought a pair of black sandals to match the brown ones that I have. That's a given right? You have to have a light pair and a dark pair to match everything, right? Then I bought 2 more nail polishes. I had a coral/peach color originally. This weekend I bought red and pink. I think I've got the nail polishes covered now. I bought NYC's In A New York Minute nail polish. It is a fast drying product. I don't have the patience to wait for nail polish to dry. Then I bought 3 short sleeve summer shirts that will go with my daily jeans, the Bermuda's or the capri's. I still need to get a Red one. Once I get that, I think I will be done with the shirts, unless they get some new colors in. I had asked my Mom to be on the lookout for the brand of purse that I use. It's LeSportSac. She said she saw one a Marshall's. I went there and bought 2 of them along with the matching "cosmetic case". These purses last me 5-10 years. My Mom changes purses daily. I don't do that. I hate doing that! I don't have time for that! Here's the style of purse that I use: http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7507_5205.html Here's the cosmetic case http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7158_5205.html I use the cosmetic case for my credit cards and receipts. This looks like similar purse with the exact design/colors that I purchased. I paid $30 for the purse and $10 for the cosmetic case.
http://www.amazon.com/LeSportsac-Cla...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t I was good Saturday and didn't buy anything (that's only because I couldn't find the other thing I was looking for ). While I was at Marshall's I saw a braded belt that I liked, but it was too big. I couldn't find the belt at the other Marshall's/TJ Maxx, so I looked for a belt while I was at Target. They had something similar and I really liked it. It's a brown braded leather belt that will go with everything. Ok, there's my shopping confession! Oops, as you will see above, I went to Bath and Body Works and bought the new fragrance they are launching. I think that's all.

Vixsin I think you are going to be all over that .4! You will !

Lindsey Great job on the 138.8.

Novelista You really have something to look forward to this Summer!

Loe2Be150 Did you get it all done today?

Diana(LA) Today is a new day. Jump right back on track! I agree with Berry about your pictures. I can see the difference.

Sum It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-28-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Andejean: Hope your eye gets better quickly!

Shells: These Lucy Core Pants probably brought me down an entire size. I just wish they weren’t so expensive. They have another pair that aren’t “core” that I might try. The material is VERY nice! Great job being OP on the weekend!

Jo: great being to your ticker!! When do you leave for Costa Rica? And YES! I think I did look pretty dang good today!

Vixsin: That game you are playing with your scale! You have a great sense of humor!

LLBold: Thanks for sharing. I compared my food logs to you. I guess my Greek Yogurt adds a lot. I eat one everyday- but I am not willing to change that. My brussel sprouts surprisingly had more then I expected. Real vitamins make me sick, too. LOVED the almond milk. I bought it today. It brought my protein shake from 200 calories to 155 calories! That was AWESOME!

Lindsey: I asked about the strength and cardio b/c I thought you might know something I didn’t. I do cardio everyday b/c I think it is what makes me lose weight right now. I feel like the strength training is giving me more longterm results. The Lucy Core Pants felt great! YAH for you getting your goal! And YES- I don’t think KK should be doing those Shape Up commercials. I bet she doesn’t even have a pair! She is just taking advantage of every opportunity presented to her… it’s her time right now.

Novel: Can’t wait to get to the 170s with you! Where in Texas does your friend live? Hope you are doing better with the anxiety this afternoon. I can’t explain the feel good feeling I get after my workouts…they just are making me SO happy!

Pint: OMG! Very cute dress! I bet she LOVED IT!

Love2b150: I like logging all my food. I love the accuracy and of course I am trying to balance calories, carbs, fat and protein. I log it all into live strong.com

DianaLA: Glad you came back and I am glad you are getting right back on program! I can tell a difference in your pics… in your butt! YOU GO GIRL! Looking GOOD!

Berry: Wish we could pick where the fat comes off!

Dimples: It was a great workout!

Sum: I always look forward to the Monday afternoon when I am alone in the house. My girls are CHATTY CHATTY and VERY busy!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Here's the dress! I love how it looks on her!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5113538_n.jpg
ADORABLE!!! I love that material, nice job Pint!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
Off subject, but is anyone else totally annoyed by those shape-ups commercials with Kim Kardashian and Brooke Burke? Puuuhhleeeease, they did NOT get that body with shape-ups. It annoys me because there are people out there that would believe that "all I have to do is get those shape-ups!" It sends such a false message to people.

And a little rant...a friend of mine started dieting with me a few weeks after I did (so 6 months ago roughly) and she's been up and down, all over the place, has lost about 2-3 pounds in this time frame, her goal was 20. My initial goal was twice that (40), and I've lost over 35 pounds. Well, I'm on this exercise kick and now she's all into her wii fit. She texts me and tells me that she just RAN 1.5 miles in 10 minutes (9mph) and that she's almost ready for a 5k. Now in this 6 month time frame she has not worked out at all and really isn't in shape (desk job, no extra exercise after work). She just started bowling and boxing on the wii fit like maybe a week or so ago. I guess I'm not sure WHY this bothers me...I guess because I've busted my tail for 6 months, exercised A LOT and she makes it sound like running a 5k is some easy feat. Like why did I have to train for months and months? She's ready after a week because her wii fit claims she RAN 9mph. Ok, I'm going to be a b*tch and say I think the wii fit is full of sh*t, but I think it is. I guess I'm sick of people making it sound like fitness is so easy! It's not, to get where I am (and I could certainly make vast improvements) it was HARD, REALLY HARD work.

Ok...end rant. Am I crazy or does this annoy anyone else?
No, I think you are right, those programs are way off on their speed and distance. You and I both know it takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to increase distance and speed when you start out of shape!!!! I would probably be a little annoyed too, but if she tries to run a 5k, she will realize the difference. Big difference running in place than forward. Oh, and the harder you pump your arms/controller with the wii, the faster you run! My kids figured out all the tricks right away
Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #50  

[QUOTE=Vixsin;3779169]Linds, I hate that commercial too!!!!! I hate ALL of those commercials. The ones I see for this supplement or that one. I also despise all the radio commercials I am now hearing for Right Size Smoothie!!!!!!!! Oh...all I have to do is drink a bleepin' smoothie and all my weight loss dreams will come true? Well WHY didn't anyone tell ME that 8 months ago?! One of those came on in the car with Maxwell and I, and I proceeded to go into a 5 minute rant on how that commercial is lying to everyone by saying that.[QUOTE]

Me too! Duh, why didn't I think of that? I have been doing all this work for nothing!!!!

Last edited by jomatho; 03-28-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Woo Hoo!! I just calculated my BMI. When I began in January, my BMI was 40.3. Now, my BMI is 35.7!! That's amazing!!

I'm attaching my current pic that I took today. Yes, I'm standing on top of my commode. I left my mirror that I was taking my pics in at the old house. Haven't invested in a new full length mirror yet.

I can't tell a difference from the last pic to this pic. My roll under my boobs seems like it sticks out further this month than last, but it may have been just standing differently....or maybe I've lost in my boobs this month? I've lost 8 or 9 lbs from pic 2 to pic 1.

Okay, so the first pic is today, the second is a month ago, the third is Feb. 7th.
I see a huge differnce in your booty and your legs!!!! Way to go, I am so excited for you!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #52  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Novel: Can’t wait to get to the 170s with you! Where in Texas does your friend live? Hope you are doing better with the anxiety this afternoon. I can’t explain the feel good feeling I get after my workouts…they just are making me SO happy!
YAY! Soon Stacy...I think very very soon! My best friend lives in Austin. She loves it there...and so do I. She tries to talk me into moving down there a lot...I'm not ready to give NYC up yet though.

Working out does make me feel very good. I usually do it at 6PM in the evening so I feel really pumped during and right after but after I've made my dinner, showered, made my lunch for the next day, etc. I sit down on the couch to relax and usually pass out...LOL!

The anxiety today is over past FB statuses from when my SO was dating someone else. I am sending messages to my friend about dinner tonight and everytime I do, these statuses keep popping up on the sidebar and I am feeling insecure. I dont' like how FB is now...and by the way I'm 30 D@M% years old...I shouldn't be this insecure or immature. I can look back to last year and see my old lovey dovey fb statuses too. Rant done. This crap has gotta pass soon.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #53  

FB is funny that way... sometimes I feel as though I am just not cool enough to be on it! On the other hand... sometimes it is better stuff NOT be on it! I'm sorry!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #54  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Ugh!!! i had a TERRIBLE weekend of eating, so i was highly surprised when i weighed myself this morning. I have been avoiding the scale all weekend long and was reluctant to step on it this morning. However, i was down this morning to my low of 262.4. That was a pleasant surprise! lol

This afternoon im doing zumba with my coworkers then im going home to make chicken parmesan!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #55  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Gals and fella - I have wasted my ENTIRE day just looking up stuff on making my son's birthday cake. ALL DAY. Sleep was terrible last night, that doesn't help, but what a waste of a day! The internet can really suck the life out of you! Tomorrow I have appts. all day, so my 'free' day was spent dreaming of being creative. Silly, silly me!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #56  

Berry- you can still squeeze something in!

MzJuicy- congrats on the new low! That is awesome!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #57  
~Kim~

Gaining ~ The standing on the toilet cracked me up. =) You look awesome, the difference is obvious, especially in the booty to me. You should be very proud of your progress!

Diana ~ You're a shopping Machine! We're going to visit my parents in Florida this summer so I'm going to hold off until just before then. Hopefully when I get to go shopping I'll be in sizes I haven't seen in years.

Novelista ~ I've tried working out in the evening and it doesn't work for me. I've read that it can be harder to fall asleep when your body temperature is up after exercise. I guess that's the case for me. Maybe you should stay off FB for a while to help you get past the anxiety.

Mzjuicy ~ It's always nice to see the scale drop when you think it's actually going to go up. Zumba is so much fun!

Berry ~ I do that sometimes. I'll find something interesting and then I just keep looking for more on it and by the time I look up half the day is gone. I've been trying to refrain from doing that so much lately.

Today was strength for me and then I did 11 miles on the bike. I've really been going bike crazy this month. I think starting April I'm going to have to add more of something else in. Maybe more kickboxing. Gotta change things up and keep the body guessing. I've already decided that once I hit my first mini goal I'm going to commit to doing the 30 Day Shred for an actual 30 day span. I've had that DVD for a while and I've always managed to only make it to 4 or 5 days in a row. =)

Almost dinner time. Hope everyone has a lovely evening!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #58  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Berry- you can still squeeze something in!
Oh, I will, just will be much later than I planned for.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
The anxiety today is over past FB statuses from when my SO was dating someone else. I am sending messages to my friend about dinner tonight and everytime I do, these statuses keep popping up on the sidebar and I am feeling insecure. I dont' like how FB is now...and by the way I'm 30 D@M% years old...I shouldn't be this insecure or immature. I can look back to last year and see my old lovey dovey fb statuses too. Rant done. This crap has gotta pass soon.
Is it that "memorable statuses" thing? Aww hun, I'm sorry you're feeling this way today. This too shall pass.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
he internet can really suck the life out of you!
I spend way too much time on it. Today was pretty unproductive...
Closed Thread