Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Good morning friends!

Diana: Thank you for the new thread. I was online last night and I left the new thread unopened waiting for today. It was like a little present for me to unwrap this morning.

Krampus: I was happy to see you check in but I am sorry you are not feeling better. I hope you can shake it off and enjoy the time with your mom.

Lindsey: When you strength train do you skip cardio? How long do you strength train for?

Andejean: Did you find someone to take the puppy or are you keeping it? I wish I could get rid of all the piney trees that are making my allergies crazy. My NEW "SMALLER BODY" allergy symptoms are really killing me: perpetual sore throat, raspy voice and ac ough. UGH. I'd rather the leaky nose at this point (or maybe not...)

Pint: Great job staying on plan! That laundry gets me everytime...it is actually calling my name right now!

Biker chick: There is absolutely some good credit for staying the same for a month. I feel like I am always LOSING weight or GAINING weight but never STAYING THE SAME!

Berry: When you exercise before bed does it keep you awake? I get so energized when I exercise I don't think I could do it late at night. we could have "chatted" at 2AM. I was up coughing up a lung!

Larry: I really need to to a cue from you. We bought a foreclosure 2 years ago and have 4 acres. 2 acres are heavily wooded and 2 acres around the house we have cleared of the overgrowth but now the neighbors want us to landscape. In all actuality I have NO idea how to landscape and 2 acres is ALOT of land... anyway I have no idea where to start or what to do.

LLBold: You did 8.5 miles... I think 100 calories over is okay! and I am always amazed at how LOW you get your carbs... POST a day of your meals... I want to see! I was sure I would have been as low as you yesterday... but yet again you beat me!

This is my big workout morning. I am really looking forward to it- I have those LUCY CORE PANTS on today. Remember I asked about them a week or so ago? Well, I ordered them and I love them. They SUCK my belly in a good inch or so. They are a bit thick so I am worried I might get extra hot in them- but, we'll see. I also have a new Nike Dri-Fit shirt... I thought I bought XL but it is a L- it's a bit tight... I hope not too much! I still wanted to wear it.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #17  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Stacy, oh these dogs are family, there is no way they are going anywhere! LOL
Diana, I'll try and post some pics from highschool, so you can see what I looked like tiny. Don't think I'd go that low again though. (110-115)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #18  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning and happy Monday, all!

I had a very busy, but good weekend. I've been OP and rockin' the workouts. I've been pushing myself to work out for an hour and a half when I can. I'm feeling great and very very sore. I had another scale jump up to 196. My muscles must be very busy trying to repair themselves. I'm happy with it, though. I know I'm doing the right things and I'm happy with how far I've come. I'll get there!

Stacy--I like the sound of those workout pants! I might need to look those up.

Good Morning, Dimples! My dh brought me coffee in bed this morning, so it was an excellent start to the week.

Roadbikerchick--You're so beautiful! I love your avatar!

Berry--Congrats on the scale moving for you. It's always a victory as it moves down. I hope you get some more sleep tonight.

LLBold--I love hiking! I can't wait until the snow melts around here, so I can hit the trails.

Larry--The scales will move. Slow and steady wins the race!

Krampus--That's a great way to look at it. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your OP day! Did you have a nice time with your mom? I'll be seeing mine in the summer and I can't wait!

Lindsey--Great goals! Knowing you, you'll knock them right out of the park! How's school going?

Andejean--Sorry about the stress. I hope it gets better soon.

Pint--Ugh, sorry to hear about your computer. I get so frustrated when it gets sluggish, because I'm addicted to the internet. Luckily, I'm married to a computer programmer, so I don't have to go too long without my connection.

Diana--I think I asked this before, but might have missed it...did you end up going to Bath and Body Works? Oh, and my dh likes the perfume.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #19  

Roadbikerchick, just think of all you are learning about maintaining! I bet you look great at your weight, what is your motivation for the last 10? Perhaps because you are an athlete, you want to be a little lighter? I am always curious how people pick their goal weights. How's the biking going? I am jealous, still way too cold here, although this week we may be back up in the higher 40's. I really want to start varying what I am doing for exercise and getting on my bike will help, but I don't like freezing wind in my face!

Berry, way to go, another -0.4!!! I feel ya on getting those teen boys out of bed! Some mornings are rough. We are on spring break this week so I feel like I have a vacation before my vacation, I am sleeping in at least and hour longer every day (which doesn't make up for my insomnia during the middle hours of the night, buy it does help a little). Oh, I almost forgot to ask, how is arugula steamed? I love to put it in my salads because I like the peppery taste to it, and it is great on burgers/sammies, but have never cooked it? Does it taste similar?

Larry, you are probably dropping fat pounds right now, but your body is adjusting it's water supplies. The big question is have you had anymore dizzy spells? How many days have you been off the water pills?

Andejean, that sucks your insurance won't cover allergy shots. Just to let you know, mine charges $20 per shot and I think it would be less if I picked up the serum and took it to my dr. office to get the shot. You should check into the price per shot, $4,000 per yr. seems very inflated to me. Most people are not on weekly shots for very long, then it goes to biweekly and then every 3, then 4. I am on about every 3 weeks now, when I remember. I hope to be done soon. Also, you can appeal insurance companies, siting medical issues you are having, illnesses, medicines and their costs. What I really wanted to tell you is the single most important thing my allergist wanted me to do for my DS and myself is to put air purifiers in the bedrooms. We can't keep our cats out of the bedrooms, but this helps tremendously. Just don't buy ion purifiers, get the regular filter type. And obviously keep the windows closed when your allergens are high outside. I have very similar allergies to you!

Sum, I am very familiar with houghton lake!!! We used to camp at south higgins lake all the time when the kids were younger. Then they got into baseball which went through most of the summer with allstars and such, so we gave it up. We actually have a cat named Higgins!

Pint, can't wait to see that dress! I would have loved to have little girls to sew for!

Lindsey, sounds like a good plan! What kind of weights are you going to do?

Diana3271, No shopping this weekend?

Where is everyone else?
As for me, I am back down to my ticker! I thought I would drop something today because I was going to the bathroom constantly yesterday! Mark my words, I WILL be lower than my ticker this week!!!! My head is back in the game today, not that I went off plan, I was just bored, but now I am excited and ready to give it another push before I leave next week! Woohoo, lets go girls (and Larry)!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #20  

Shells, an hour and a half is great! Wow, way to give yourself a good push into spring! You will see a change on the scale soon!

Stacy, I bet you look hot in your new workout gear! Have a good workout!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #21  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Jomatho - When I talked to the doctor, he gave me the price breakdown. I'd be on two shots each time, so the serum for a year is 1800, then $44 per injection, once a week for 6 months, then once a month for 7 years... yup, no way in hecks... As for appealing the ins, I get aid through the state, and it took me 8 years to get what I've got. Plus Governor Walker will be cutting this program soon, so I won't have it too much longer anyway... We were hoping it would cover the 1800 due up front, and we'd try to swing the $44 weekly, though that would be really tough, but no dice.

Now I woke up this morning with my left eye real swollen. waiting for a call from the allergist to see if it could be allergy testing related, i wouldn't think so, but my doc wanted me to make sure before i scheduled an appt...

ugh.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #22  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

The fickle scale was UP .4 to 201.0 today. Well played, scale.....well played.

Well....I SEE your fluctuation and I RAISE you an elliptical workout! HA!!!

BBL for personals.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

StaceyGee -

My plan for today:

Gummy Multivitamin - 3 net carbs ... all sugar but multivitamin PILLS make me sick so I have to buy adult gummies!

Protein Shake made with Almond Milk - 4 net carbs

Snack - 2 TB Peanut Butter - 6 net carbs

Lunch - Blackened Chicken and 2 servings of Broccoli - 4 net carbs (broccoli is amazing for low carb haha).

Snack - Grilled cheese made with a jalapeno kraft cheese and a low carb torilla - 5 net carbs.

Dinner - Tilapia filet salad with spinach, tomato, onions, green peppers, baby bella mushrooms, and low-carb dressing - 15 net carbs.

Dessert - Atkins Daybreak Bar, Strawberries- 2 + 8 net carbs! I don't seem to be sensitive to the sugar alcohols if I have like one of these a day... more makes my stomach a little queasy.

Total - 47 net carbs

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 03-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
The fickle scale was UP .4 to 201.0 today. Well played, scale.....well played.

Well....I SEE your fluctuation and I RAISE you an elliptical workout! HA!!!
Girl, you crack me up!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #25  

Krampus – I’ve been wondering where you had been! Glad you’re back! I agree with what you said about rough starts.

Pint – I bet the dress is super cute!

Roadbiker – Welcome back! You certainly shouldn’t feel embarrassed…we all have our moments. I had several this weekend! Thank you by the way! You’re getting really close to goal!!!

TooMany – Unfortunately, yes, it is Monday.

Stacy – I’m totally new to this, so I was kind of going off some other “transformation” sample workouts. On strength training days, I skip cardio. Am I supposed to? I have no idea what I’m doing really. By the way, I’m liking those Lucy Core pants…I could use an inch sucked in on the ol’ belly! Hope you have a great workout!

Shells – WOW! An hour and a half…NICE! Thanks! School is great…busy, but great! 4.0’n my classes! Are you excited to start back up?

Jo – I’m doing one day of chest & triceps, one day of biceps, back & shoulders and one day of abs & lower body. General exercises I guess…chest press, flys, squats, lunges, crunches, etc. Glad you’re back down to your ticker! That is always a nice feeling!
Well, I suppose I should change my goal this week, because I already achieved it this morning. Lost that water weight from this weekend's escapades. So, I guess my goal will be 138.8 (-1) by Sunday! And of course, to stay on plan and complete my planned workouts.

This is my plan for today. I'm posting it now so I won't stray from it!

B – ½ c. egg beaters, 1 egg, sprinkle of cheese, ¼ c. oats, 1 t brown sugar (260)
S – yogurt 80, banana 100 (180)
L – ½ garlic cheddar chicken breast, broccoli (260)
S – slim fast shake 200
D – goulash 500
S – balance bar 200
1600 calories
103g protein, multivitamin, 80 oz. water
Chest & Triceps (~30 mins)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I had a pretty good weekend. I worked out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My super high point day was Saturday and I ate 39 points and even had 3 more beers than planned. When I woke up Sunday and weighed, I was expecting a 2 pound jump up, but it read 181.6. However I think the food caught up with me this morning. I was hovering 183. Oh well, I predict I will be 181 or maybe even 180ish by weighin this week and then off to the 170s soon!!

My best friend who lives in Texas emailed me this morning and said that her hubby got a huge bonus on top of his other huge bonus so she wants to fly me down to visit this summer. BEST NEWS I HAVE GOTTEN IN A LONG TIME!! I love Texas and I love her and her family.

I am also for some reason having a tremendous amount of anxiety this morning. Don't know what it's related to...but I do know is that I am not taking it out on the SO...no way NO HOW!!

Sum - Condensed!!! LOVE IT!!

Jen - Sorry you were sick but happy that you felt a bit better. Pregnancy must be really rough!

Lacey - Hmm...bison? Sounds interesting but makes me a little nervous LOL! And kudos on your 8.5 miles yesterday!

Berry - I hope that one day I will be able to handle stress better! You are lucky!

Stacy - Congrats on the WHOOSH to 181! I had 181.6 but it didn't stick. I'll get back there For protein (since I'm not a big meat fan) I eat peanut butter, protein shakes, hummus, beans, fish and other types of seafood like shrimp or scallops. Also, I eat a lot of soy meat. It usually has a lot of fiber also which lowers the NET carbs. Hmm...you have energy after exercise?? I usually fall asleep on the couch I'm so exhausted!

Lindsey - Good luck with your goal this week! I am such a believer in the calorie cycling!

Ande - Sorry you are feeling depressed. Keep your chin up. It'll get better!

Larry - You'll see a WHOOSH! I believe it! I didn't see one for a month and a half but now I'm 5 pounds down.

Road - I was in a plateau for 6 weeks. I did calorie cycling, lowering the carbs, and varying my workouts to get out of it...as well as drinking over 100 oz of water a day. If that doesn't work for you...maybe your body is happy where it is. You are at a good weight!

Krampus - Great to hear from you! Hope things get better for you soon and hope you are having fun with your mom in Japan!!

Shells - Great job ramping up the workouts!

Jo - Love your positive attitude and I totally believe you can get below that ticker weight!!

Vixsin - I LOLOL'd so hard at your "conversation" with your scale!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #27  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Here's the dress! I love how it looks on her!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5113538_n.jpg
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #28  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone

Diana
thanks for being here as ALWAYS ... I look for you when I've been gone awhile

Ande ... bravo to you on the caramel and the pie. I don't think I would have had the will to eat one caramel and I know I wouldn't have shared the pie ... Bravo to YOU

Krampus I love this ... but I have to remember that a rough start does not equal a rough middle and a rough finish.

Hi Larry ... At some point even with increased water retention I should start losing again<--- I'm sure you will.

Berry the exercising when I do it gives me energy also. Glad you got some rest. Good job on the .4 down

Bikerchick don't stop, keep on going, I hit so many plateau's when I first started that it was driving me crazy and everyone knew it with every post I made. ... the people here got me through and they'll get you through too, just keep checking in <----- the blue part is for You and Me

Hi Kim

OK done with page one gotta come back after my Glucose test and other test and Curves to finish up. ... So I'm not forgetting anyone. I have got to go back to logging everything again. Yesterday was horrible after two good days. I'm up .6 at 175.6 today. But I will do better today and log my food. I won't see 170 at the end of the month but maybe by my birthday in a few weeks ... BBL ... Have an OP day Everyone
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #29  

Off subject, but is anyone else totally annoyed by those shape-ups commercials with Kim Kardashian and Brooke Burke? Puuuhhleeeease, they did NOT get that body with shape-ups. It annoys me because there are people out there that would believe that "all I have to do is get those shape-ups!" It sends such a false message to people.

And a little rant...a friend of mine started dieting with me a few weeks after I did (so 6 months ago roughly) and she's been up and down, all over the place, has lost about 2-3 pounds in this time frame, her goal was 20. My initial goal was twice that (40), and I've lost over 35 pounds. Well, I'm on this exercise kick and now she's all into her wii fit. She texts me and tells me that she just RAN 1.5 miles in 10 minutes (9mph) and that she's almost ready for a 5k. Now in this 6 month time frame she has not worked out at all and really isn't in shape (desk job, no extra exercise after work). She just started bowling and boxing on the wii fit like maybe a week or so ago. I guess I'm not sure WHY this bothers me...I guess because I've busted my tail for 6 months, exercised A LOT and she makes it sound like running a 5k is some easy feat. Like why did I have to train for months and months? She's ready after a week because her wii fit claims she RAN 9mph. Ok, I'm going to be a b*tch and say I think the wii fit is full of sh*t, but I think it is. I guess I'm sick of people making it sound like fitness is so easy! It's not, to get where I am (and I could certainly make vast improvements) it was HARD, REALLY HARD work.

Ok...end rant. Am I crazy or does this annoy anyone else?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Here's the dress! I love how it looks on her!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5113538_n.jpg
ADORABLE!!!!
Closed Thread