Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Default Well YAY!

I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted this month. I have been on plan and exercising 3-4 times a week. I have eaten over on the weekends on my calorie allotments but not over maintenance levels. I wanted to kick myself for the overeating but I decided to move on or else just gain more weight. The overeating may or may not have slowed my progress, I am not sure. I am happy, however, to report that I lost 9.8 lbs which I am sure doesn't break any records but I also dropped 14 inches overall off of my body! That is just amazing to me. The weight is one thing and not really amazing for a month comparatively but the inches lost mean a lot to me! I have taken to doing measurements on heavy weigh days so I can verify that I am still getting smaller no matter where the scale is stopping and it's been a effective tool to prevent motivation loss.

I also had a 2nd NSV. I have had this pair of regular size 18 jeans I haven't gotten to wear since I bought them 2 years ago. Guess what I wore out Saturday? My jeans and they looked good!

I just wanted to share b/c I am truly amazed what difference can be made in a month.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #2  

Congrats on those inches lost! That should mean more than what the scale says. I think that sometimes people put a little too much into the scale...I know I used to. I believe in keeping track and weighing oneself, but I used to obsess over it. Inches lost and being able to wear smaller clothes is more gratifying to me than lower numbers on the scale. Friends and family see visible results, not our scale numbers.
RiverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #3  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverWind View Post
Congrats on those inches lost! That should mean more than what the scale says. I think that sometimes people put a little too much into the scale...I know I used to. I believe in keeping track and weighing oneself, but I used to obsess over it. Inches lost and being able to wear smaller clothes is more gratifying to me than lower numbers on the scale. Friends and family see visible results, not our scale numbers.
Thank You!

My hubby has noticed from several angles and commented on seeing a difference. I definitely notice one, all over but mostly in my face along the jawline. I have to say though, I definitely agree with you. Getting into those regular sized jeans was a thrill. The thing was I wasn't even expecting it. I was just going to try them on to see if I was even close to those sizes.

Last edited by 4star; 03-22-2011 at 10:19 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote