Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Default What is HCG

I've seen ppl mention it and tht they don't really talk about it here. I was jw what iit is? Is it bad? Liike shots drops I've heard ppl say.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

It is a diet where you eat about 500 calories a day and take drops that do nothing.

Real HCG must be injected and prescribed by a doctor. Real HCG will also do nothing.

In short, it is a scam.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

hCG is one of the hormones produced by the placenta of an embryo. It is only present in the blood of pregnant women (or women with some sort of very weird pathology) Decades ago some guy had a wild hunch that nature would have made it so that pregnant women didn't burn muscle when they were starving to death, only fat. NO STUDIES WHATSOEVER HAVE BACKED THIS CRAZY IDEA UP.

The hCG people claim that the shots of hCG make starving yourself magically safe. There is, again, absolutely no evidence of this. Severe starvation WILL make your body start eating muscle at a tremendous rate, including cardiac muscle, which is why anorexia is a dangerous disease: it's not that you actually starve to death, it's the you do irreparable, and at times fatal, heart damage. Taking hCG shots does nothing to prevent this, which is why every responsible medical association in the world is against it.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Wow that's crazy! I had no idea. Thanx =) I'm was just curious
Closed Thread