Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #16  
Going All The Weigh

What made me realize that I had to do something about my weight instead of just hopingfor it was me and my mother went to her heart doctor yesterday. There sat this slim doctor who was telling my mother that he had a hard time 'seeing' or 'hearing' her heart because of her large breasts and size. My mother has always been over weight, its something that has ran in my family since I can remember. I never knew exactly how much she weighed, till yesterday. All I could keep thinking was this could be me in 10 years. High Cho. High BP, verge of diabetes....I dont want all those health problems, but I really dont think the doc should have made my mother feel worse than she did. I'm trying to encourge her now to join WW with me. But only time with tell.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:19 AM   #17  
Going All The Weigh

ThinThinker,
I live in a very small town called Burnsville. Its about 45 mins from Asheville. I love it here, but your right the job market is horrid.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:35 PM   #18  

Morning,

I got four card's yesterday, It was almost like it was Christmas Day, I was so excited. I got Mary's, Lucky's, Kat's, and 2Cute. And Sara's last week, bunch of good looking women on this thread. Thanks for the pictures, 2cute your family looks so close and happy. And Lucky Aren't you a little hotty, but you haven't taken any pictures in 10 yrs, We'll be anticipating a recent in the near future, right. As usual I leave everything to the last minute, I am going to do my card's up today, while I'm at work, and when I get home I'm running straight to the post office to mail them, you may not receive them till after christmas, sorry, and I don't have any picture's to send at he moment, so I will have to send them later.

Welcome Gypsy, You've found a great group of Lady's, we all have at least one main goal in common, and that is to lose weight, and be healthy.

2cute, your statement about the grass is greener on the other side, may look better but is not always the case. I to have a fiance, who's not alway there to support me and encourage me. He does his thing I do mine, He like to fish, hunt, camp, and watch sports on TV. And that's pretty much all he does. I like to have romantic evening's, go for walks, cuddle and watch movies, go out to the movies and maybe dinner, his idea out is fast food and rent a movie. I'm constantly asking for his opinion on what bill should we pay, or what should we get son for christmas, or what grocerys we need, just day to day conversation, and it's always, I don't care do what you want. So I always end up doing everything and making all the decisions, and it may be my fault that he's like this, because if he did make a decision, I probalby wouldn't agree and do it my way, anyway's. I'm very stubborn.
But you know, when I see other couple's holding hands, being affectionate in public, hearing about what special little thing someone's husband had done, or surprised his wife with, I get jealous and I want that. My finance is not romantic at all. But on the other hand, he's not abusive, he has never said anything mean about my weight, always commenting me on my sexy bum ( when I no it's not ) tell's me he loves me, and provides for us, and we defiently do enough of the horizontal tango. So all in all, what I'm trying to say, there's alway's something else that you want and crave, but what you have is not that bad, enjoy what you have and try to make the best of it.
I don't know if that was all one big rammble, I know what I want to say in my head, but it kind of get's all jumble when it reaches my fingers. So just ignore me

Son had his Sunday school concert on Sunday, and tomorrow he has his Kindergarten concert at school, that's going to be so cute. I really need to get a video camera, I'm missing so many cute memory's that I can blackmail him with when he's 16 and driving me crazy.

Well I've kind of rammbled on long enough, food's not good, afraid to step on the scale, cause I know there's going to be a gain. But need to get back to work, see ya later
Old 12-17-2002, 12:54 PM   #19  

Default G'day my little Chick-apeas!

I'm heading out to the gym shortly but I'm just popping in, between piano students, to say hi to all of you! Hmmm... I feel slightly blah. According to my unofficial sneaks at the scale this week, I haven't lost anything! Poo! I've been just as well behaved as ever, exercising hard everyday, eating SO carefully but... it just doesn't seem to be happening this week. I keep thinking those drinks on Saturday night might be the culprit but surely a few drinks wouldn't prevent me from losing a couple of pounds if I was an angel for the rest of the time! You'd think that months of steady weightloss would console me but alas... the scale still holds so much power over me! Weigh-in Wednesday is tomorrow...

ANYWAYS... considering the big picture, I AM happy. I am now as light as I have ever been in my adult life! In another 5 pounds, I'll probably weigh about the same as I did when I was 13 years old! My goal is just around the corner now... so close!

Gypsy: Welcome to our little corner of the web! You've come to right place for friendship, support and motivation! My personal advice to any newbie is to make posting a daily habit. Being accountable to someone, is such an important factor in weight loss! Congrats on the 50 lbs down so far!

Gotta scoot out to the gym and then back to teaching piano lessons until 7:30pm. I'm always glad when Tuesdays are over with! Actually, as of this upcoming Thursday, I'll have 2 weeks "piano student free" over the holidays! Yippee-yahoo!

Sara
Old 12-17-2002, 02:17 PM   #20  
Going All The Weigh

Hey gal pals. Well half of the day is behind me, and I'm done pretty good. I still need to get off my butt and get to exercising. I'm working on my water right now. My goal was to drink 32oz today, and get at least 15 mins of exercizing in and to journal everything I ate. So I'm doing great expect for the exercise. How is everyone doing?
Old 12-17-2002, 03:29 PM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Howdy folks.
Boy am I worn out. LOL I finally got the little angels down for a nap. Thank goodness.
We had a lot of fun baking cookies this morning. We are going to frost some and decorate them when she wakes up. Kind of spread the fun out a little... plus it gives them plenty of time to cool. But I must admit... they wear me out.
That will be one of the nicest rewards of losing this weight... longevity.
I will never be as actively involved as the other "skinny" grandma... but I will be more than I am now.

Gypsy... so glad you found us. WELCOME !!!! I hope your mom joins you in WW. It will probably make it easier for both of you. Do you live together??

Thin... how did your hair turn out?? I have only had 1 permanent in my entire adult life. When I was a child my mom gave me some. I do color my hair though. I don't even want to know how GREY haired I would be if I didn't.

Duckie... My family IS a happy family. I hope I did not leave you with the impression we aren't. I just mean... no person, couple, family is "perfect"... including us.
I can't wait to get your card. I am even more anxious to get your photos too.

Sara... I know how disappointed you must be not losing "yet". But I bet by the time you weigh in... you will show a loss. And if not... then join the rest of the world in the "reality" version of life. It is very seldom a person loses EVERY week. Count your blessings along with those 100+ lbs you have already lost. It will come off double next week.

Kat.... Oh how I can relate to your post... and don't EVER delete a post you wrote. Quote... "the way I think... that I am "less than" because of my weight. Hating myself because I am fat, eating to comfort because I hate myself".

That is the vicious cycle we MUST break. It takes a conscious EFFORT on our part to "change" our way of thinking. I know how hard it is to break... but I am doing it... and so can YOU.
Write that statement out on a piece of paper . Now read it again to yourself.
Now BURN that piece of paper and send those thoughts up to the heavens for disolve into space.
Each time you start to think that way again... STOP !!! and say "ALOUD"... "I no longer think that way. I have made a conscious decision to change the way I think about myself". It sounds stupid... but if you do it enough times... it will sink in.

Okay.. I better run. I don't know how much time I have before these babies wake up.
See you all later. And remember... I do have a happy family. I made that choice many years ago. Now to make the choice to give up what I want at the moment... for what I want for a lifetime concerning my food.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:44 PM   #22  

Talking Hiya!

I love 2Cute!

Sara
Old 12-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

ME TOO!

and everyone else, of course!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:43 PM   #24  

2Cute, I'm not sure what you mean by emphazing that you have a happy family, that's exactly what I said, I was under no impression that you weren't, I was just commenting on the pictures you sent and said, Quote: 2Cute your family looks so close and happy. Sorry for implying anything other wise.

I just finished my card's and they will be in the mail tonight.

Hope your all having a great day
Old 12-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Default MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Cards Have Been Mailed!

Whew............I'm pooped.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:29 PM   #26  
Going All The Weigh

Ok ladies this is it, I had a flop for dinner, still not exercised yet, so this is me going to do that right so the next post I write I can say I got my biking in! See you in a few.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:27 PM   #27  
Going All The Weigh

Smile Yes! I did it!

Expect for a lil binge today I made it through (so far) and made all my goals. I journaled everything, I exercised, and I got all my water in. None of it was too much, but it was a start and something to start building on. I just wanted to let you ladies know.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:39 PM   #28  

Welcome, Gypsy.... this is the place to be....WE are all great!!!

Well, I made an important decision today...I will be on diet hiatus until after Christmas. #1 worrying, #2 loss of income, #3 no time, and #4 my sister and BIL will be here Saturday for another week. So I give..... too much stress and I feel serious fatigue coming on. (I have fibromyalgia - chronic pain and fatigue ) So I have to calm down.....Now, this doesn't mean I will eat an 8lb box of chocolates...I will just quit worrying about exercise and what I eat (to a degree).

I will still watch what I eat but I don't think this is a good time to start a diet. My head is spinning out of control so...this next week or so will be planning time. Hopefully, finding a better job and a higher income.

I just had to confess this to you all to make myself feel better.

I know married isn't perfect either - been there....BUT I think in this time of crisis in my life I could use someone - of course he would be tall, gorgeous, compassionate, idolize me, sexy, thoughtful, wealthy, adoring, handy, wealthy, love everything I do, helpful, cooks, can make me laugh, affectionate......ya know the type!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:48 PM   #29  
Going All The Weigh

I guess I am a very lucky lady. I had a failed marriage, but have found my soul mate. Justin is everything I could have wanted. He's my best friend. He supports me no matter what wild idea I have in my head, and is a great support at my weight loss, as long as I dont go over board with it. I have a tendicacy to do that.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:00 PM   #30  
I'm on my way!

STOP!! DO NOT POST HERE!! GO TO 300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN #254
Closed Thread