Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #16  

Unhappy

I guess it's confession time. I have to admit that before I probably wouldn't have done this but now that I "know" you, because I have seen you, I feel more accountable.

75% of my day is on diet.....but that other 25% is a slippery slope of bad choices. I know it's the stress of my financial situation at this time but I do not want to do this....fail .....

Truthfully, I am happy to get out of the bank. I just never liked the work that much. I just went because it's hard to find a job in this rural area and they hired me. I am going to apply for a front desk job in the local hotel. I have done accounting for 30 years and think a change might be just the thing I need. Plus, they get a lot of hunters (translation M E N) that stay there.....I just fear (I know I don't like that word either) that they don't offer benefits.

I didn't sleep at all last night worrying about my cut hours at the bank....I have never done that in my life before...if it's one thing I am good at it is sleeping.

Plus the hotel is 6 miles from home vs the 25 I go now AND it's where my Dad is in the nursing home so I could hope over there every day.

I need your good :...that if it's better for me that I get this job.....for my health, happiness and finances.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:38 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

No time to post... we are off the movies to see "maid in Manhattan". I just wanted to tell Baylee... I did not make it to the chat screen... your names and times you are there are on the first screen too.
I have made it to the chat screen before... just couldn't get there last night for some weird reason.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:04 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Sorry to have missed all of you yesterday. I slept in and then I was a 'showgirl' all day. Got to see a portion of The Hot Chick. It was a little too corny for me. Then sat in the last half hour of Drumline. It was actually pretty good, if you like marching band type stuff. And then I was able to actually see all of Maid in Manhattan. I really liked it. I like Jennifer Lopez anyway. The movie was not so much a rags to riches story as it was about people accepting people regardless of status. Very good. I give it 4 1/2 stars!

Sounds like some of you had a great time chatting last night. I'm glad you were able to get together. Saturday's are usually 'showgirl' jobs so I don't get an opportunity to chat much.

Your cards have been coming in for the last couple of days. It's kind of nice having them spread out by a day or so, that way there's someone new and different to greet every day. This has really been a great idea. I'm glad so many of us are in on this. I hope those that aren't, don't feel put out by all of us talking about the cards all the time. Even if you chose not to be involved in the exchange, we love you anyway and certainly want you to stick around. [[[hugs]]]

I can't take time today for individual replies as I got in a last minute survey that needs to be done by this afternoon. But I did want to come by and post the 14th and 15th hints, since I missed yesterday, I'll have to do two.

Family Circle article, hint #14:
Exercise for 10 minutes, twice a day. "Doing so burns about 200 calories and can prevent weight gain over the holidays," according to Tallmadge. Research shows that exercising in small increments is just as effective for helping with weight control. Although you're busy, anybody can squeeze in a quick lunchtime walk or just make a point of taking the stairs several times a day.

And hint #15:
Reserve a few minutes just for yourself. Being with family at the holidays can be wonderful, but at times it can also be stressful. To keep the peace and to burn off that slice of pie you had last night, go for a walk outside. Or if the weather is too cold, lock yourself in a room and pop in an exercise video to work out with.

Well, girls. I have got to get out of here and get something done. I hope you all have a really great day. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-15-2002 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:54 PM   #19  

GO VIKINGS

Good job...Baylee.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:31 PM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Greetings ... my fair friends.
Just popping in for a minute to say "hello".
I had hoped to get my shoppping finished today... but no luck.
I did get a lot done though. Only a handful left.

My daughter and I saw Maid in Mahattan too today.
It was cute. I was a little disappointed... but then I was sooooo tired I could have fallen asleep if I shut my eyes. LOL. It had been a longgg day and I should have passed on sitting in a dark room with soft chairs. LOL. I too am a Jennifer Lopez fan and I liked the male lead too.

I am proud to say I passed on popcorn... and we even went to the dreaded all you can eat chinese buffet .... and I did not over eat. I know I will retain water now... so I will stay away from any scales for awhile.

I am worn out ladies. Too tired to post a lot tonight.
I have an early dentist appointment and a LOT of gifts to wrap.. plus the never ending laundry.... so I am out of here for the night.

I just want to say that this has been one of the best Christmas seasons ever for me in a longggg time... and I credit all of you for part of the reason. Thank you.

(2cute humming as she disappears.... "Pleeeease Mr. Postman is there a letter for me. ........")
Old 12-15-2002, 11:18 PM   #21  

A friend called and invited me over to a dinner party tomorrow night. I can use it as this less hours/less money thing is really depressing me.

Anyway, it will be her, her husband, me, two other couples and three single men. Do you smell the same thing I do? I feel like a but promised I would be there.

I have tomorrow off - I will sleep in and then have a quiet, relaxing day.

I called the hotel guy about the job. He is out of town until later this week. It sure would be nice if it worked out to be a good job for me.

Well, this is late for me, so goodnight.....
Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 AM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello, Hello, Hello my chickies.
How are all of you today?
I went to see my new nephew yesterday he is beautiful, and plump. My brother is doing good I think. He seems happy.

I posted a photo on the myfamily site.
I have been sick all weekend with a head cold but feel better now.I really enjoyed chatting Sat. night sorry I missed some of you.
Where is everyone? Come out and play. I must say I have really enjoyed getting the christmas cards from all of you I'll miss it when they all come in Maybe we should do birthday cards too.
Diet is soso with all the parties and such I'm still holdng low 190's

One of our regular patrons brought us a 3lb. box of chocolates Sat. as a gift

Well I better grab a bath and eat breakfast and get off to work. Catch all of you later
Old 12-16-2002, 09:42 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

Good Morning gals...

Another l o n g night at work, but it's over. And I'm off tonight. Thank God. Today i'm doing a big push and getting the rest of these decorations done, the tree finished, and the house clean. No ifs, ands or buts! I did get lights on the tree yesterday and a few ornaments up...the rest is covering my coffee table, waiting for someone...me...to get going. Everyone else is too "busy" , I guess MY busy-ness isn't nearly as important as theirs, so it gets left to me. Which I wouldn't even mind if I didn't have to do silly little things like sleep or work.

Lucky girl...woo hoo! Sounds like you'll be attending the "boyfriend buffet!" (one from column A, one from column B!} Well, it's good to have a choice...ooh, I can't wait to hear all the juicy details! <<Gee, I wonder if any of them will know the right way to wear a cowboy hat!>> Oh yeah...about work...if I may put my 2 cents in...(and I know it's easy for me to say, BUT please don't make yourself sick worrying about it. You are taking the right steps, looking for a new job, getting your resume together...what more can you do? You have no control over what the bank is doing, you are powerless to stop it, so just move in the direction that circumstances are pushing you. Didn't you WANT to get out of there? Here is the way out. I'm praying for a great job (and/or a great man) to come along for you!

So, let's see...whose cards have I gotten so far? Mary, Sara, Lucky, 2cute, Steph, Michelle...and I'm looking forward to a few more! Just so you know...I have gotten 2 sets of cards out to you guys, and barely any done from my regular friends and family list...see how you guys rate?

I want to respond to everyone but I'll have to do that later. I have to nap this morning...so much to do and so little time to do it!

Could someone give me a wake up call at noon??

see you later!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:18 AM   #24  

Quote:
Gee, I wonder if any of them will know the right way to wear a cowboy hat!>>
Oh, if I could be so lucky!!!!!

I KNOW what you are saying about a job but I am used to being financially secure and this has given me such an ache in the pitt of my stomach....I also know the "universe is on my side" and it will all work out for the better I just hate the wait.

I would love to help you with your decorations, Kat. I suppose you can't have your hubby help because that thong would be such a distraction!

Quote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you fall madly in love with one of them and he with you. What a neat Christmas gift, huh?
Baylee, you made my heart skip a beat at such a possibility.

I have such a negative thought pattern about this that I will probably screw it all up. WHY would any man want me the way I look. I have had this all of my life but it is much worse now that I have gained weight. I know many of your are physically in the same place as me and have love in your life. I read your posts and "wish" I could be like you....you feel loved.

Light bulb moment. I was going to erase the last paragraph but decided to be brave here....I never "feel" loved. I know my sisters, brother, and Dad love me but I never F E E L it. Do you know what I mean???? I know this all started when my Mom died (I was 18). I hurt so bad I swore nothing would ever hurt me like that again.

Out of space....keep reading...
Old 12-16-2002, 11:26 AM   #25  

The thing is it has taken me over 30 years to understand - feelings - good and bad - are what make up life. This wall around me is hard, high, and strong. Ergo...fat is helping with that wall!!!!! Good grief.... Another light bulb....hmmmmm now how to fix this by tonight.

Just kidding. But I do have to start feeling...and I blame myself for not having anyone (okay, a man ) to help me. I always picked men that didn't show emotion so when they didn't I could blame them for the relationship NOT working...(aren't I smart) .....NOT .....Now I realize that the type of man I have always avoided is exactly the man I need.

WHEW.... that's a lot of work for only 10AM!!!!

You will all be happy to know I will be at work the rest of the week and too tired to post so much!!!

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 12-16-2002 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:29 PM   #26  

Thin What a great picture, you cutie....You look about 20!!!!!!!!!!! All those bra/showgirl jobs must pay off

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 12-16-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:17 PM   #27  
Falling, but fighting...

I only have a second, but Sara could you please PM me the list of addresses. My card will be late, so I just might do a letter instead, but I would like to join in.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:29 PM   #28  

What a shock I agree with you too, Baylee.

I haven't lost in the last year either...but, I remember to be thankful that I haven't gained. For the past 6 years I always had a gain...but not this year. So, I consider it a medium success. I also have a better mind set than a year ago. I know hard to tell by my posts, huh.

Don't you feel any success at this, Baylee.... I mean you do know me!!!! And you haven't gained 20 lbs this last year, right?

Have you heard of Geneen Roth (written many books on compulsive/comfort eating) or the Solution by Laurel Mellin.

I have some of Geneen's lessons in word I will PM them to you and you can see if it's something you would want to pursue.

It seems to me that our life span is not long enough to "fix" ourselves......

AND on posting a downer...I don't know about all of you but I found myself thinking of positive things to tell Baylee so "are downer posts good for us?" Maybe!!!!

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 12-16-2002 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #29  

Default Hiya Chickies!

Sorry Baylee! Didn't mean to worry ya! I've just been SUPER BUSY... if ya wanna hear all about it, STOP AND DO NOT POST HERE! INSTEAD COME JOIN ME AT...

300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN... #253!!!!

Sara
Closed Thread