Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #16  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Sorry you got that comment! Could you try going to a used clothing store and pick something up? I'm at a funny point right now in body shape. I've also lost a lot in my butt/thighs (usually an area that I'm pretty big in!) and have a larger flabby belly . I'm still in maternity clothes because they look the best on me by far. For instance, I have a pair of pants in size 14 that fit but because my stomach is so flabby they make it look like I have humongous love handles. I picked up a pair of used maternity pants in size 12 (for $6), though, and they fit perfectly and show off my butt/legs while not giving me any love handles and actually smoothing out my stomach quite a bit. I look somewhere between 10-20lbs lighter in them vs. the other pants.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

S/C/G: 128/125/113

Height: 5'

I don't think the comment was mean spirited. I understand why you're touchy about it but your initial reaction of brushing it off was right on!
ju5tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #18  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Thank you all -- and I heard everything you said. I think it rubbed me the wrong way because she was pointing out something I already knew and it was the WAY she said it. Very flat and matter of fact. If it was said with a little "love", it probably wouldn't have bothered me so much. :-)

And do I know how to sew? LOL The best I can do is a button. Once the spring weather gets here I'm golden because I have a LOT of spring/summer pants that fit me great. Ah, my luck will be that my spring/summer stuff will be too big when the time comes. Hahaha. But hey -- that's what I want!

I'm all for buying new clothes -- and even second hand clothes. I still have a sizing issue at the moment which I hope will cure itself soon. I think stretch pants are an awesome idea and I considered it....but I still feel too self conscience in them because of how I'm shaped. I admit that I feel better in things more loose (not baggy tho) as to not exaggerate my waist to hip ratio.

I'm feeling better now thanks to all your wonderful comments and suggestions. :-) You guys rock!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Glad you're feeling better! I think it was probably meant as a compliment, but yes how it was delivered is very important! And I'm with you on sewing, I can do a button on good days. Thank goodness my MIL can sew - she's been taking my nice clothes in for me. Most of the time though the big clothes get donated and I buy second hand.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Try not to feel self conscious.. I know it's hard!!! But during this transition, you aren't going to ALWAYS look/feel your best.. just keep your eyes on that goal!! And when your body moves through one of those 'less than perfect' stages, keep reminding yourself that it is all part of the process!! You are doing great!! Keep it up!! We are all rooting for you!
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #21  

I threw out my "clown pants" just last night! Thanks for the description.
It was embarrasing.
Yesterday I was taking out my trash and the wind was blowing hard.
All of a sudden my slacks were billowing in the breeze!

I really got confused. I couldn't figure out where those strange slacks came from. I knew I would never had bought such a big size.

As soon as I got in the house I realized I had lost a lot of weight in my legs and thighs. I was sooo happy they were so very big on me. I had not really noticed I had lost that much. I did not lose any in my waist.... just the legs.

So I took them off immediately and pitched them in the trash. And I hoped no one noticed my oversized slacks flapping in the wind.

Be happy you have slacks that are now too large.
I have more slacks going baggy on me, so I must get rid of them soon.
Tonight I am going to go through my boxes of 'smaller clothes' to find smaller slacks to wear.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote