Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #16  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

My neighbor was pregnant and neglected to tell me about it. I didn't know for sure until I got the invitation to the shower. But I wasn't about to ask her.

I've been there before. People have asked me when my baby's due. My own MOTHER has asked me if I was pregnant just recently. I've pretty much responded with "No, I'm just fat, thanks for asking & I think I'll go shoot myself now".

It is very hurtful, which is why I'm so careful what I say to people.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #17  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

At a place I used to work at, I had a customer- who would see me fairly regularly- stop me in the middle of the floor and ask "So when are you having that baby?"

I had just had my daughter like 4 months prior. And while I wasn't down to pre-pregnancy weight (which was overweight regardless), I was most certainly down 40lbs.

He didn't even seem embarassed when I told him I had already had my daughter. And seriously, when I was pregnant.. I looked like an alien. My daughter literally grew on the outside of my body. My mom used to call her a fig, because it looked like a pregnant belly, on top of my regular belly. And I was so HUGE, that I was stopped many times by people asking if I was having twins. (My reaction was usually "There better be only one baby in there!") My daughter was sooo big lol.

Now she's a little peanut. She went from a sumo baby to a little thin thing. Not that I'm complaining or anything lol.

But seriously, I thought it was a known rule the world over- never ask someone if they are pregnant/when the baby is due unless you know for a fact that is what is going on. Sheesh!

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

People can be very hurtful with what they say. Unfortunately, most of the time they aren't really aware of how hurtful they are. On the other hand, we can only be hurt by other people if we allow them to hurt us.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
Now I am a woman and if there is one thing I have learned about women in my lifetime and I hope I never forget it, is you do not under any circumstances ask a woman if she is pregnant or has had a baby, the only thing that makes that question null is if you actually see a baby exiting her vagina.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #20  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Well some people have to be the dull light on the string for the rest to shine so brightly. I guess in a way we should the thankful that they are the dim ones instead of us. I mean, come on. What thought or absence thereof would bring you to say something like that to someone?

I was thin in my 20's but was chunky in highschool and 2 different teachers asked me if I was pregnant. I just got so unnerved that they'd think that, I would make them speechless when I looked them dead in the eye, smiled and said "no, I am just fat." I still don't know how they thought it was any of their business, even if I would have been pregnant. Some people just don't know where the boundaries lie so they just walk all over them.

Last edited by 4star; 03-02-2011 at 08:43 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #21  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

LOL hpnodat, I'm sorry that comment made me laugh really hard I'll use that next time.

And 4star I agree- WTF is up with teachers asking if their students are pregnant- it's none of their damn business. When I was in high school I had a friend that was a huge practical joker- and she told all our teachers I was pregnant. And I can't tell you how many teachers came up to me about it and ended up really embarassed when I told them I wasn't pregnant lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'-1"

Talking

People just don't think. I'm sure many of us have suffered the same thing or if not... a very similar story. I know I am mostly belly and I get the awwww look at her belly sometimes. It doesn't really make me angry anymore just makes me roll my eyes. But I do get mad at my wad o' fat baby. LOL Not for other people looking but because it's a pain to get rid of. LOL So the next time someone makes you feel bad for your appearance think of it like this. You may be chubby now... you are gonna get healthy and more beautiful.... they will still be stupid. LOL
DanielleLynnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote