Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 03:02 PM   #46  

Forgot to post my goals...

1. Journal
2. Exercise
3. Water, water, water.
4. Pamper
5. Think positive
Old 12-15-2002, 09:08 AM   #47  
stbakd

it's nice to see other canucks here. i hope i stay the same wieght over the holidays. i have 2 weeks off, so it is possible. glen
Old 12-15-2002, 04:04 PM   #48  

Hi Hefty1, welcome to the group!!

My posts may be a bit irregular for the next while, as I just got a call that my Mom is in the hospital and I'm taking the bus from Calgary to Salmon Arm, BC tomorrow morning. Wish us luck!!

Let's see, cafeteria food. Yummy!! <<grin>>
Old 12-15-2002, 04:16 PM   #49  
ebe
noob

jeris good luck at the hospital. hope all is well, take care

dena doing great. what is it that needs to heal?

ceejay yay! way to go 1 pound down is great shoo pounds!

hefty and kamari welcome do post lots! kamari 15 pounds is awesome. i want to say that soon....it would help if i weighed myself.......but i refuse lol

jojo you're absolutely right! no weight gain for us. no pain no gain! *cheer cheer cheer* you are worth the effort

weekend is kinda blown for me. worked out on friday then saturday i saw my friend and we drank lots of beer and ate lots of food. yummmmmmmmy food but it wasn't too bad actually i got salmon and a pear tart so you know it could have been mucho worse....oooo and i had a yummy appetizer of warm goat cheese over new potatos....mmm i'm getting hungry thinking of it lmao

and today i got home full of good intentions of working out but i didn't. blah and i'm going out for thai food.
hohum shrug. tomorrow i will hit the gym with a vengeance. rawr!
Old 12-15-2002, 07:19 PM   #50  

Hi to all of you! I havn't been on in a couple of days. I left work Thusday with any upset stomach and a sore throat. Friday I didn't go in b/c my stomach still hurt but not my throat. Saturday I was a little better but felt a little sore in the throat. We went to two Christmas parties and I think I talked a little to much b/c now I have no voice. This should make for an interesting day tomorrow at work. I answer the phone alot and if will probably help if they can hear me. We are really busy right now so I need to go in.

I recorded cals 4 days but I didn't this weekend. I couldn't with all of the partying. Plus, I really didn't want to see what I had consumed. I have to go to the doctor in the morning for my pap. YUCKY! I will get to see how off their scale is from ours. I have no idea how they calibrate theirs. We can calibrate ours by putting a plat weight on them. They unfourtunatly are right.

All of you guys sound like you have been doing good over the last few days. I can't wait to get back into it tomorrow. I'll see you guys in the morning.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:43 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Kemp--get better soon. Know what you mean by answering the phone with no voice--gets even worse when you have to dispatch

hefty 1 welcome to the group. You will like it here

I went to visit with relatives this week end. and ate out twice but I didn't over do either time. My aunt and I went shopping afterward and got in some walking time.

Dena--I'm with Ebe. what is the situation that we need to pray for you. I'm guessing but am probably wrong.

Jeris--It is nice to have the home gym. I have an air bike that I ride at home but on my days off I try to go the gym--just to mingle with others. Hope you have good news about your mom when you get to the hospital.

Ebe-- We all tend to go off the wagon this time of the year. Just hop back on tomorrow and you will be alright.

When I was visiting with relatives this week end I visited another uncle who was in the hospital. The doctor said that there is nothing more that he can do for him and is sending him home tomorrow with hospice care. He doesn't have cancer but is terminally ill--He's gone downhill since Thanksgiving. This has been very upsetting for me. He has already written his euology(ms) and every time I see him he wants me to proof read it. This time it was extra hard on me to do this. but I pretended. He loves to sing gospel songs and wants me to help him sing--Not that I'm that good of a singer but I told him I would come back to this week end and sing to his heart is content. I told him I didn't want to disturb any of the other sick people in the hospital. He's 83.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-15-2002 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:41 PM   #52  

OK, still no voice today. I am hearing "what " alot today. I wish I could just go home so I am not tempted to talk. But, I am still sitting here. (not talking) Thank god I can type. I am going crazy in my head. I am a talker so this is driving me insane!!!!!

CeeJay - I am sorry to here about your uncle. I now dealing with that is hard. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dena - Have you tried any sort of acupressure? I don't know how willing you are to do that sort of thing. I would try all sort of natural or holistic things b4 I had surgery. Ihope that yo are able to beat this yourself.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #53  
ebe
noob

urgh i skipped work today.....i'm tempted to call in and quit but i will persevere through the most boring hellish crappy....hmm trying to think of synonyms for just bad and terrible and depressing and completely so incredibly boring that i want to throw up at regular intervals during the day. i guess that is descriptive enough....damn credit card bills. i dont know what i am going to do...somehow i have a mountain of credit card debt...sigh i know stupid and all too common these days...and a terrible low paying job that i am altogether sick of....job market is bad....blah blah etc etc

in more interesting news....interesting to me at least =/
....yuck...sorry if its boring just skip this part lol
i had a super duper workout today, i was so proud. it was one of those days where everything just feels right and it all comes together for some reason....
first i walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill on about 4.0-4.2 to warm up.....i get this terrible pain in my shins walking but if i walk to warm up and stretch every five minutes or so it goes away and makes jogging much easier.

so THEN after walking for 20 minutes i jogged on 5.7 for five minutes and then raised the speed 1 mph every five minutes except for hmm one or two five minute intervals where i raised it twice...but long story short i jogged for thirty minutes and ended at 6.3 mph
yay. i was excited i haven't tried to work out if this is correct but the treadmill said i did 4 miles in 46 minutes and then by the time i finished it was maybe 4.25 miles or a little over or something.

the reason i'm excited is because my next goal will be jogging for a full hour at no less than a 10 minute mile speed - 6.0 setting however it works out
so
that is what i'm working towards, one day it will happen!
and then i lifted weights and felt all strong and hot. and that was that i was feeling bad about taking two days off and maybe eating a little more than i should have but hey at least the food went to a good cause.....fueling good exercise and muscles like to rest so its all good.

i guess i feel a little anxious about being away from the gym now because i really don't want to fall back into the abyss of laziness that trapped me before. and i'm so psyched to see such improvement...one month ago i couldn't run a block to save my life practically and now feeling strong and on the way back to being fit, its like instant gratification somehow and i am scared of losing gains...although i know it goes both ways....1 step forward, 2 steps back.
sorry to be so longwinded. once i get into something its like obsession!
maybe i'm still in the honeymoon phase, i hope it doesnt end!
ok enough babbling

kempy hope you're continuing to feel better. its never fun to lose your voice. get well soon!

ceejay....man that is so rough. stay strong. i never know what to say when people have sad stories. *big hug*
Old 12-16-2002, 10:10 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Kemp--glad you are back at work. Hope you continue to feel better

Ebe--Sometimes it's good to vent. Keep up the exercise routine. You will at least show some inches lost.

Dena--Hope you feel better

To every one that I've missed. Hope you are having a good day.

Not to much to report on this end--Haven't heard how my uncle is doing today but haven't checked my email either

Bye for now
Old 12-17-2002, 08:50 AM   #55  

After a much needed vacation, my hubby wisked me off to LAS VEGAS!! We had a great time. The lobby of the MGM Grand was all decorated in a Christmas motif. Very beautiful. And I saw the lions in their habitat. Way cool. Plus I won money! Not a lot, but when you're in Vegas winning is a treat. Love those slots. It's hard to count cals when you're having steak. But it was the best steak we've had in a long time and I enjoyed every bite! Yum, yum. I just love Vegas. All in all, it was exactly what I needed. The flight to was okay, but I have to tell you, I was white knuckling my seat the whole flight back. Kind of a bumpy ride because it started to rain. But what an exciting trip!

Sorry, guys, I won't talk about docs anymore. We don't need that. I feel better when I talk positive anyway. Thanks, Kempy, for your great idea!

Anyhoo, I'd go back to Vegas in a minute. Love the lights and action. Wish I could be there for New Year's. Speaking of which, gotta make plans somewhere in town or otherwise before all the hotel parties are full. I love to get into those things and have a ball.

I just about have everything done for Christmas. I love this time of the year. This weekend should be a blast, because we are so close to Christmas and the stores are having their super duper sales. Kempy, my hubby and I buy ourselves presents, too. Why not? That way we make sure we get something we like!! lol

Ebe, great workout. I'm so impressed at your workout schedule... to 6.3 mph. Wow!! Great way to let off steam. Don't quit your job before you have a new one. Boy, did I regret doing that.

HEFTY, Welcome!! Tell us a little more about you. Have you lost weight already? Are you following a specific plan? We're a very supportive group here and glad to have you with us!

Looks like everybody is doing great. Keep up the good work!

Let's have a great week!

Luv, D
Old 12-17-2002, 12:22 PM   #56  

I forgot to write my goals

1. journal
2. water
3. exercise
4. pamper
5 have fun

I notice when I write them down, I accomplish them.

Kempy, how are you feeling today?
Old 12-17-2002, 12:33 PM   #57  

ebe good job. Have you done the elliptical yet. I find that it is a better workout.

ceejay keep us updated

dena I love Vegas too. We went for a weekend and had a blast. We stayed at the Luxor. Talk about cool. We can't wait to go back!

My goals (I think I should start having soom)
Drink all of my water
clean my house
move around more
STAY OUT OF THE CHOCOLATE!

Oh yeh, my voice is kind of back. It will come and go, so I still can't answer the phone. The owner has cabin fever b/c I won't let him leave.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #58  

Kempy, did you have time to see the latest hotels... Venetian, Belaggio, Paris, Aladdin? It's hard to see it all in a weekend. We had to make several visits in the last couple of years. I love Caesar's, too... with the Sistine Ceiling and all of those shops. I forgot to mention we had lunch in the Rainforest Restaurent this time. We sat right next to the acquarium. Man, I want to go back.

Kempy, glad you're feeling better. Any plans this weekend?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #59  

We saw all of them but Caesar's. At least all of the ones in the new section.
We have a party Saturday night and a dinner at a relatives house Sunday afternoon. So yet again another weekend of food. I don't think I will be recording this weekend either.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #60  
ebe
noob

hey hey ladies

man do i want to go to vegas. it sounds so cool.
who wants to worry about calories at a time like that? i know i would probably drink like a week worths of calories, not to mention eating.

dena you can talk about whatever you feel comfortable with
its all good. sounds like you had an awesome time. hehe i hate flying in turbulence! i am always close to tears whenever that happens rofl

kempy glad you're doing better. i can so identify with your last goal. stay out of the chocolate......i have to keep reminding myself that. weekends of food aren't too bad....it could always be worse. at least you're probably going to be mindful of what you eat...at the very least. i have tried the elliptical machines...they are good, you're right. it would probably be a good idea to switch some days and use that....yeah!

i have to visit my parents for like a week at least....that will be rough. all they do is try to shovel food down my throat.
which i dont mind sometimes actually....but still.....bad!

i just re-read my last post....geeeeeeeez long winded narcissist.
its taken me like 2 hours to post this. going to the gym finally. yay
Closed Thread