Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 09:27 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #159

Christian Encouragers #159

If you want or need encouragement during your weight loss journey this is the place to be. We pray for each other in hard times and good times and we praise each other during our journey. This is a wonderful bunch of Christians.

You are WELCOME to join us. Come on!!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It seems like forever since I've posted. For someone who is alone these days I seem to be keeping busy!! I have some packing done and am finding it hard to know what to keep out and what to pack. My sons and DH are going to be home for Christmas so i have to keep out a lot of my kitchen stuff. The depressing thing is that I'm not putting out any decorations for Christmas. I am spending a lot of time at friend's houses and enjoying their decorations. I also play a lot of christmas music and watch Christmas specials so I am finding the spirit anyway.

I maintained my weight again this week which I am thankful for because I kind of overdid it. Now, I'm back to salads at lunch and nutritious dinners.

Have a great day.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:45 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone....been shopping again. And eating out but guess what??? I'm staying on track. Oh thank you Lord, thank you, thank you for Your strength. I couldn't have gotten this far without you....

Hope y'all are doing well.

Wilma ~ great to see you again.

Me <><
Old 12-10-2002, 10:21 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink TUESDAY NIGHT

HELLO EVERYBODY--

JUST A QUICK NOTE--- WELCOME BACK WILMA!!

JUST FOR THE RECORD YOU GUYS---- I DID NOT GET YELLOW SPIKES-- MY ENGLISH AINT THAT GOOD I GUESS!! I WANTED TO SAY THE NEPHEW GOT YELLOW SPIKES TO MATCH HIS NEW SWEATER-- WE BOTH GOT HAIRCUTS BUT ME NO SPIKES!!

Got the nephew's report card today-- much better-- 1A-3B's-2C+ and 1D+---his citizenship was WAY better than the first report-- all the teachers except 1 gave him positve report marks for conduct and effort. I told him how proud I was that he is making great progress--he tried out for wrestling team today-- time will tell if he sticks with it. My son and I are really trying to encourage him.

The wife and I keep getting calls congratulating us on our progressive dinner-- it sure is nice to know they liked it!!! Just more points for Heaven just kidding!~! By Grace through Faith we go through our Savior!!!

Well gotta get the trash out--

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH HIM!!!

P.S. WE HAVE TWO POSTS GOING WITH 159!! HI SAMI-- ( she is on the other one-- go say hi gals)
Old 12-11-2002, 12:35 AM   #5  

Hey Sherry great minds think alike! We both started a new post! My dd has strep again! She just got over it less than 10 days ago this is the 3rd time since aug. If she comes down with it again before march we are going to ENT. She has had strep about 6 times a year since she was born so it is time to do something about it. Wilma I wish I lived close I would loan you a few small decorations to cheer you up.
ez-What a diffrence you have made in the life of your nephew. You have planted the seed and God will keep it growing.
Zoe-Keep on posting you are giving me the will to keep trying. I think I have lost about 5lbs but I will not WI until after christmas.
I am working on me a new diet I am starting after the 1st of the year I know if I start now I will fail and give up do to goodies for the holidays. I getting to the point that almost everything I eat just kills me. (I think that is why I have lost the weight) So I am going on a NO spice, NO sugar, NO red diet. I will eat things like oat meal turkey subs and I am going to do NO caffine. I hope to get my tests back soon.
Have a blessed day,
Sami
Old 12-11-2002, 01:12 AM   #6  

Angry Hi Kids!

I am tired just from catching up on all those posts. Thanks for all the sunshine E.Z. and congrats on your dinner, and the great job you continue to do with your nephew. Sami sorry to hear your still not feeling well, I keep you in my prayers. Zoe I will pray for your mom, even though it is already Tuesday and she probably has her reports. Hello to Mrs. Hummer and Gutchie, Wilma congrats on your job, way to go! I have been so busy the last week. The pastor introduced me to a friend of his that was up from Ocean city New Jersey. He was a really nice guy, we all went out as a group to red lobster, which of course was yummy. We then had a Christmas party the next night. Then I had to clean the church on Sat. Dad had skin cancer removed on Monday. I had to host an advisory board Christmas party last Thursday. One day just melts into the next. Glad to hear all are in the Christmas spirit, and are decorating ect. Sorry I been gone so long, I'll try to be better. Really tired I will check back in tom. God bless Love yas
Old 12-11-2002, 07:23 AM   #7  

Sue so glad to hear from you. I know just what you mean about the days melting together. We got snow last night and today will be the first time my DS will drive in it talk about stress!!!! A lot of prayers are going up on his behalf. I think I told you about a member of our church who had cancer of the heart. He is hanging in there they only thought he would live about 2-4 weeks and it has been about 9 He is in a lot of pain and now they have maxed the insurance out and have to pay out a large amount. Please keep them in your prayers. Sue I will keep your father in prayers for his skin cancer. I am lifting you all in prayer for and OP day!
Sami
Old 12-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #8  

Thumbs down Happy Humpday!

Good Morning Friends!!!

First, I have to say sorry to SAMI about starting another post! I didn't see yours, I'm so sorry. I just knew 158 was getting way too long. I hope you will forgive me.

SAMI~ Hope as you read this you are feeling better. Sounds like you have your hands full. Your poor DD! That strep can be bad. My daughters have both had it in the last 6 weeks, I hope this is no indication of what is to come. Put that DS in God's hands to put a hedge around and protect him from harm as he drives on the snow. Just remind him to take it slow and realize when he is on ice he has basically NO control. Mom, it will be ok. Remembering your church member with the CA of the heart, remembering he and his family at this time. Hang in there Sami and hope you get some news that will help you soon. Glad you are losing but sorry it has to be in this matter. We love you!!!

JOANNE~Glad to hear you have met a new friend and having some fun. We will keep your Dad in our prayers that he heals well and has no problems from his SC. I understand the busyness and the fading from one day to another. Me too. Some days I think I have help making it through.

ZOE~ How is your Mom doing today? Has she heard anything yet or is it the waiting game? Still shopping huh? Wow, you must have lots of money, or maybe did?

GARY~ I didn't think you got the yellow spikes, or at least I was thinking not. Sounds like you are doing a GREAT job with your nephew. Praise God for you and your wife and devoting your time and patience with him. There's so many that won't. We have an 11 yr old nephew that I wish we lived closer to that I could help with. His mom did drugs while pregnant, basically mentally and physically abused him when he was young and then when he was 4 tried to choke him to death. My dear SIL and husband adopted him and are raising him to the best of their ability. It's really hard since they are older, (53/62). He's a great Christian kid but he has a lot of behavior problems from the drugs during pregnancy and the abuse he remember much of it. It's really sad. His heart is gold though. My SIL home schools him and he is far ahead of others his age. So, it is working for him. Sorry to ramble, but I said all that to say, I admire you and your wife in taking on and helping him so much. You are his blessing for sure. Have a good Wednesday.

WILMA~ So good to hear from you!!! We have missed you! I'm sure it's hard to know exactly what to pack and what not to. Just label the boxes well, so if you need something you can find it easily. LOL It's good you are spending a lot of your time with friends now and enjoying their decorations. Too bad you don't have just a little 2 ft Christmas tree that you could decorate just for you. Then you could just slide it into a box and not even have to take off the decorations. I have one like that!!

[b]Hello to EVERYONE!!! Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!! Sorry, I must get ready for work. Talk with you soon.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:15 AM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello! I hope everyone is off to a great start today. I got up this morning and did my walking tape and then had a nice breakfast. Today we're having a turkey dinner at school so I won't be eating much after school! Tonight I'm relaxing - doing some quilting while I watch Amazing Race. Tomorrow our ladies group is having a Christmas get together. I'm looking forward to it. I wont have many more times to get together with my friends. I'm finding as it gets closer to the big move that I'm getting much more emotional. I know that's normal but I know that I am going to miss many things about the small town I live in. On the other hand, I'll be closer to malls, etc

Mrshummer: i like your idea of a mini tree. I might just do that. I also have some mini lights on my artificial ficus and I will use my Christmas lines and candles so it won't be too dreary.

sami: I'll pray for your friend. thanks for the reminder! I hope you do well with your diet. Are you doing this for health reasons? I have found that everything in moderation has been the best route for me. Then I don't feel deprived. If I plan to eat more at dinner I have a salad at lunch. Take care!

doitforme: I'm keeping your dad in my prayers. This is a hard time to have to deal with illness.

Gary: Come on - get yellow spikes and then send us a picture. Your nephew would feel more like part of the family. It sounds like you're doing really well with him. What a blessing to be able to help someone become the best they can be.

Zoe: I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work!!

Well, I should look like I'm working. Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-12-2002, 01:07 AM   #10  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

would like christian email buddies -- new to message board, and don't know how much I'll check it -- it's a bit overwhelming, and could spend WAY too much time here in front of the computer --- but check my email lots. if interested, please email to [email protected] thank you and god bless!

PS - 28 years old, weigh 210 goal = 145 (need LOTS of encouragement!)
Old 12-12-2002, 07:42 AM   #11  

Red face Thursday morning

Good Morning Friends!!!!

WELCOME Shyla2001!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and just busy with the Christmas season Things to do. Just checking in before work this morning. I have been eating fairly well but maintaining at the same weight but it's also been TOM so I also gain excess fluid during that time. I had a bout with what I think was cysts rupturing on my left ovary last night and was in severe pain for about 2 hours. I used to have this happen about every 2-3 months but it hasn't in about 6 months. Boy was it bad last night!!! But this morning I am fine and have a little soreness but no real pain. Thank you Lord!!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!! PLAN your meals and snacks so that getting off plan is NOT an option!! Drink your water!!! Come on team, let's beat this battle of the budge and show the old whose team we are on!!!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:34 PM   #12  

Angry Hi there!

Thanks for all the prayers, Dad Had his skin cancer off and no further problems, The doc removed 4 of them, and he is doing fine. Smai thanks for all your support especially with all your problems, hope you are soon feeling better, I have your friend on my prayer list, and pray your son does fine driving as well. Mrs Hummer I think you were talking to me when you addressed it to Joaznne, and thanks for your prayers as well, Love the idea about the small Christmas tree, which should work well for Wilma.
Wilma thanks, so happy to hear things are settling down some, a little tree would add some holiday spirit. Shyla thanks for joining us, not much on e-mail but love this thread these guys are the best, so pull up a chair and hang out. it is contagious. E.Z. YELLOW SPIKES WOULD LOOK SO COOL, YOU WOULD REALLY BE DELIVER SUNSHINE, AND A FEW LAUGHS AS WELL. I am going christmas caroling tom with the youth group at church and that is always fun. Remember He is the reason for the season. Have a happy, see ya soon!
Old 12-14-2002, 12:20 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Friday night

Hi Everyone-- Real quick before I head off to bed-- I hope all is well with all of you. I have been real busy the last few days with alot of stuff-- work, work, work!!!!
Sami-- I hope DD is over the strep--poor thing. I am sure the new diet in Jan. will be the one for you!!! I hope your tests are O.K. and there is no problem that cannot be taken care of. I am praying for your friend.

SUE-- I hope that new friend works out for a long time-- sounds like you had alot of fun. Thank goodness for the success of your Dad's cancer.

Sherry-- I am so sorry for the pain you had to endure the other night. I sure like your posts girl--so pretty--thank you for the Jesus attachment.

Wilma--I am glad those walking tapes are working out for you-- keep up the good work--wasn't Amazing Race quite the upset this week?

Shyla-- welcome

Joanne--where are you?

Zoe--How about Survivor and CSI?

SHERRY-- Well Survivor isn't going like we want either is it?

Off to bed-- In His Arms We Trust--Gary
Old 12-14-2002, 09:30 PM   #14  

Angry Saturday evening

Hello to EVERYONE!!!! Hope everyone is doing well. It's such a busy time of the year for everyone. I have been running through myself lately trying to keep up. I had my first Christmas party yesterday and it was a hoot. We played Chinese Christmas and had a ball!!! It was definitely good medicine for me. I laughed so hard!!!
I have been trying to make good choices with my eating but it is so hard when you don't know what others put into their dishes. I have to been so careful since I have so many food allergies. I have two more Christmas parties Thursday for my work and my DH. I have to take a dessert. At our party Friday we had a punch bowl cake. I had never heard of it. You take cool whip, vanilla pudding, thin slices of angel food cake and cherry pie filling and layer each over and over till you reach the top of the punch bowl. It's yummy and so colorful for Christmas! This could be made with fatfree/sugarfree items and would be a lowfat item. I think I will take it that night.
GARY~ Survivor definitely needs to get rid of Clay but Ted wasn't a bad choice. I kinda thought it was time for him to go. But I KNOW it's time for Clay to go!
doitforme~ Sorry about the mix up. I think I was still under the influence of the pain med I took the night before. Please forgive me! Have fun Christmas caroling!!! I love that but we don't do it as much nowadays as we used to.
Well, I guess I've kept ya'll long enough. I hope everyone has a good night and a GREAT Lord's Day!!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 09:49 PM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

How's everyone doing? I just came from a wedding. I helped serve at the reception and my feet are sore! But, what a great feeling to do something nice for someone. The couple who got married have been living together and both have become Christians and decided God wanted them married. It was a very simple ceremony but beautiful nonetheless.

We finally heard about the possession date of our new house. We get to move in on January 4th!!!! This is subject to an inspection of the house but that shouldn't be a problem. This is so much sooner than we thought and we're so happy that we can start the new year in our new house. We are praising God for the way he has made the way smooth for us.

Mrshummer: I hear you on the party food. It's so hard to stay away from it. Maybe if we have just a little we'll make it through the season. Exercising more will be right for me to. I agree with about Clay on Survivor. He needs to be out of there but maybe they'll keep him. It would be easy to win the money opposite hi.

Gary: We're so happy that though you are so busy you still have time to connect with us. Please take some time for yourself.

doitforme: I'm glad things went well for your dad. Keeping him in my prayers.

Shyla: Welcome!!! Please come and talk to us whenever you can. I have lost 40 lbs. because of this crew and you can do it too. If you need lots of encouragement you've come to the right place.

Hello to Sami, Gutchie, Zoe and everyone else.

Tomorrow is our children's Christmas concert. I love going to them.
Closed Thread