3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   This must be a "love your scale day!" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/226743-must-love-your-scale-day.html)

Porthardygurl 02-27-2011 04:10 PM

This must be a "love your scale day!"

:hug: Im not usually a fan of the scale..while i am a scale junkie, im not a fan of it usually.Yes, my progress in this first month has been great..14 pounds in 1 month is awesome(wish i :eek: it on myself.. but i guess it takes a while) but this week i was expecting no results. Ive been waiting for my 15th pound..so i can get my chick sticker..aka 15 pounds lost avatar..but my scale has been stuck at 278 for a couple of days..I changed up my diet a little, changed up the exercise a little..and still the same..but then i realized that TOM appeared out of nowhere yesterday so i thought "oh great, now im going to go up a few pounds and i feel like a beached whale..better not bother to weigh myself, but someone on here said that they do so it motivates them to work out cause they hate seeing the scale go up..so.. i weighed myself expecting to see 281 or 282 but instead.. the scale said 278...i thought my scale was broken..but it wasnt..so im thinking..maybe i was bloated already at 278 and thats why it wasnt moving????

Im not dissapointed and im not unhappy..cause a scale not moving is better than a scale going up..i was just wondering.. anyone else have this experience? Did you gain a few pounds or a pound before you got TOM? or did you gain it during? or did you just stay at the same weight during the week that you were the week before and then go down with a woosh???:mag:

niafabo 02-27-2011 04:29 PM

it varies by month for me. this month was the first time i didn't go up right before or during but my weight also stalled the entire week before. when it was over i dropped 3 pounds so maybe your body is preparing for a little whoosh.

LTs girl 02-27-2011 04:36 PM

I always gain 2+lbs 2-3 days before I start. Then by the start/next couple of days it goes away and taking at least 1lb with it if I can stay on track and not give into the cravings. I am always super tired the week before. I mean exhausted. Going to bed at 9pm because I can't keep my eyes open. That is the hardest part for me. Getting up to work out is hard. I track it closely (very regular cycle..sorry if TMI). Just being aware helps me to deal with all of the symptoms and really push myself to get up and work out. I will allow a couple extra calories because the day I start my appetite goes away. So I keep some dark chocolate in my dresser.

Porthardygurl 02-27-2011 05:05 PM

yah i need to get some sugar free chocolate to help me out i think..cause im craving bad..

LandonsBaby 02-27-2011 05:13 PM

I usually don't weigh myself around that time. I don't think I gain much if at all but I prefer not to see it if I do.