Old ID Annoyance

• Maybe this is silly but I've lost almost 60 pounds and I feel like my appearance has improved but this women was checking my ID which shows me at my highest weight and told me that was a very good picture of me. WTF? I know she was trying to be nice but seriously I was 60 pounds heavier there are you really telling me I looked better 60 pounds heavier? If anything I would hope the lady would say oh my you've lost a lot of weight but nope you look a lot better in this picture. People are lame.
  • Did she actually say you looked better heavier or was that your perception of her comment.
    Sometimes a compliment is just that, a compliment, nothing more nothing less - 60 lbs heavier doesn't mean you couldn't have had a nice picture taken or that you dont look great now
  • She just said it was a very good picture of me. I know I looked heavier. I was 60 pounds heavier when I took it and my face has changed a lot since I started losing weight.

Weight when photo was taken:

Now:
  • I think she was just trying to be nice and give you a compliment. When I check IDs for admittance to ACT, I sometimes try to put the teens at ease by telling them they have good license pictures. Perhaps the lady was trying to do the same for you.
  • I think there are some people who are shocked to see a nice photo on any driver's license and will always comment when they see it. Since she didn't know you, maybe she felt it would be too intrusive to bring up how much weight you've lost. Some people don't like to bring up weight in public. Take the compliment and know that you look even better now!
  • "That's a very good picture of you."

It's a nice compliment. I think you might be taking it the wrong way.
  • Agree with PP in saying that you're probably taking it wrong. She didn't say "you look better heavier" she said it was a good picture.

It is possible to have a better picture at a heavier weight. I had to get my ID updated due to expiring. The one of me heavier looked better due to hairstyle, lighting, and the angle I held my head at. I look much much older than I really am in the new picture and compared to another ID I got 3-4 months ago. harsher lighting and a pulled back hairstyle made me appear to have deep lines, where there are just light smile lines in real life.

It's a good picture. Take the compliment and try to recreate the look for your next ID picture to look even better.
  • Aww, don't be so hard on her or yourself. I know I would NEVER comment on a strangers weight loss. Ever. On my DL you can't tell how heavy I actually was. I still don't think my face matches the rest of my body. It was just a compliment. I just thought of a good idea though...when you reach your weight goal go get a new ID!! And write the REAL weight. I don't know about anyone else but I lied on mine by about 30 lbs.
  • Hi, somepeople are clueless! You do look good in both pics, but you can really tell you've dropped pounds--your face in thinner, no double chin. I'm down by a good 1/2 chin and that might be all I lose from there.
  • I guess I was over reacting a bit. Brilliant idea ebb&flow! I think that's what I'm going to do.