Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I have to agree with the other girls, not feeling guilty isn't a bad thing. As long as you don't allow yourself to do this often, it's no big deal. It's actually much better than beating yourself up over it.

Thin Mints are hard to resist. They're the only girl scout cookies I like, and really the only non-homemade cookie I can stomach anymore. I thought I lucked out when my mom brought home every kind except Thin Mints the other week, but no, she showed up with them a few days later. I've had three, and am trying to forget they're there.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #17  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Oh, girl, I feel your love of the Thin Mints!

We recently had a Girl Scout knock on the door to take our order. My husband asked if I wanted the usual Thin Mints, and I looked at him like he was nuts; it was one of the toughest things I've yet had to say no to, because I freakin' LOVE those little discs of crisp chocolate minty goodness.

You did well to eat only some of the sleeve and consciously decide you'd had enough. That's a win, not a fail! That's the kind of behavior that "naturally thin" people often exhibit, so it's a great sign that your new eating habits are so ingrained now.

Never ever feel guilty about not feeling guiltier.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

thanks for the reassurance guys.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

good job for stopping and dont feel horrible about it because once you realized what you were doing you stopped and put them away.

ive been avoiding the thin mint ones because I know id have a similar reaction only idk if i COULD stop lol. i did have a similar reaction to the lemonade shortbreads, after the 5th one i was like 'hold on, WHAT am i doing!' so i took them to work so they could eat them

***p.s. slim fast has a 100 cal snack bar called chocolate mint that taste like thin mints but come in little single serving bars

Last edited by pnkrckpixikat; 02-26-2011 at 09:15 PM.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #20  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
I think there is a comedian that has a joke about how Girl Scout cookies are so nicely portioned out. You know, those two servings come packaged in their own sleeves and everything.
LOL love it. Don't you mean packaged so nicely into HALF servings though? At least, that's the way we used to look at it at our house!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #21  
juliemax

S/C/G: 305/153/129

Height: 4'10'

I had the same problem. I didnt buy them but I bought the sugar free version in the grocery store. I have a few, put them in a plastic bag and dont worry about it. Even though the calorie intake is about the same I dont feel guilty and I just start all over the next morning.
juliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 187/siggy/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have about eight cases on my back table right now. My daughter sure loves girl scouts, and I am learning a big lesson in willpower.
setsysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #23  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Trust me when I say I feel your pain! Im a troop leader so the cookies are stored in my house! I live in an apt - so there is no garage for these, they are right here in my living room for the rest of this month! All 500+ boxes

The tag-a-longs (peanut butter) are calling me! Facebook pic
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

More and more people in my office are "working from home". This doesn't present as many opportunities to sell their kid's cookies to the ones who still come in!

Fortunately there aren't really THAT many cookies in a box, if you do buy some.

Last edited by darway; 02-27-2011 at 03:49 PM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #25  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Height: 5'4.5

Oh My! The freezer wouldn't stop me...I like them better frozen. Then comes the problem of not having enough cookies to finish my milk or not enough milk to finish my cookies, oh the problems I use to have. Congrats to you for stopping, I would have to say, "nice try sis-ta! Way to go!
Ladybird1990 is offline   Reply With Quote