Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Your vacation/restaurant/hotel strategies?

Can you all offer your restaurant/vacation/hotel strategies when on a tight schedule? I'm flying to Montreal next week (with my 9 month old) and will be house hunting all day/ in & out of restaurants. I am finally at my goal but I have a feeling I could be thrown off. I also need to pick foods that are appropriate to share with my son (otherwise I'd live off soup & salad probably but he needs his finger food friendly/higher fat foods)
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Can you get a fridge in your hotel? I generally make sure I have one and hit the grocery store for various items. That might help with some of your meals and/or snacks.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #3  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I practically live in a hotel for work. My best tip is to go to the "premade" section of the grocery store for your meals (especially if you are in the city). The "grab and go" sections usually have some decent selection of pre-made salads and the like, but also plenty of stuff for your 9-month old.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I take protein bars for lunch and protein shake for breakfast.

My new restaurant strategy is ordering off the menu. I don't look at the menu (well- I look to see if they serve shrimp). I order plain grilled shrimp and an order of steamed vegetables (or side order of guacomole). I prefer shrimp b/c I don't like to cook it at home and I love it. But if that isn't available I have plain grilled chicken.

Oops- didn't notice you needed to share with son. I've got nothing to offer on that anyway.

Last edited by stacygee; 02-26-2011 at 09:57 PM.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Hi guys thanks for all the suggestions

We do baby led weaning so he's pretty much able to eat most things (and hey I might just chew it and sort of feed him like a bird).

I need a fridge for his milk bottles so hopefully I can get one big enough for food too!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Sacha,
You can buy packaged grilled chicken breast and whole wheat tortillas and make yourself a wrap that you can at lunch time. Also, some basic veggie or fruit salad should not be too difficult to muster up if you will have fridge.
Stock up on almonds, nuts or make trail mix (home made version is usually healthier than the commercial variety).
Happy househunting!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote