3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Oh my gosh I ate a pound of COW!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/226608-oh-my-gosh-i-ate-pound-cow.html)

Porthardygurl 02-25-2011 06:32 PM

Oh my gosh I ate a pound of COW!!

BAHAHAHAHA!! ugh... i was so hungry..and we had no eggs in the house (my quick fall back plan when i want to eat anything un-healthy) and so i thought..oh..i will just cook up some exta lean ground beef we have in the fridge and i will be fine..So i measure it quickly..oh 425 grams...not bad..then shoved it in the frying pan and proceeded to cook it..stuck it in my bowl and then proceeded to sit in front of the tv and eat my bowl of beef..thats it ..just beef..nothing else..Welllll...let me tell you at the end of the bowl.. i was stuffed and feeling rather sick..from eating so much..and it sat really heavy and i thought "well at least i have no cravings for sweets anymore"..so i went to lay down on by bed like a beached whale.. and i was talking to my hunny on the phone over text and told him i ate 420 grams of ground beef for lunch cause i was so desperate to end the cravings and my need for food.. and he said to me "You ate 1 pound of ground beef in a sitting for lunch!!! "

After talking to him.. i thought "OH MY GOSH! I ATE A POUND OF COW!"
Well, people who say you cant binge on protein..your wrong! You can.. i did..and in front of the tv too!!

gagalu 02-25-2011 06:34 PM

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

oh my gosh

ghfdhkgshfdkjg

ihate

omg

that's like, a nightmare

a nightmare.

like accidentally eating too much peanut butter

oh my god that's so funny

hahahaha

summerlove 02-25-2011 06:47 PM

550 calories though...not bad! ;)

Vladadog 02-25-2011 06:58 PM

I love hamburger and could easily eat a pound without thinking about it.
I've done this more than once - bought a pound of really good ground beef, made 3 or 4 patties with the intent of eating one and having the rest over the next couple days and by the end of the night all the patties are gone. I've done the same thing with ground turkey. I think it's the texture as much as anything, the chewiness or something but i just love the stuff.

So i don't buy a pound of ground meat any more - if i need a burger i eat out somewhere i know has excellent 4 or 6 ounce burgers.

berryblondeboys 02-25-2011 07:21 PM

But, wait a minute, eggs are your unhealthy fall back plan? SInce when are eggs unhealthy? They're one of the best foods you can eat!

Though, a pound of beef - wow! And plain, nothing else? LOL Guess it means no more eating in front of the TV.

CurryMama 02-25-2011 07:25 PM

I'm not sure I could eat that just by itself. Having burgers tonight but with some toppings, roasted brussels sprouts and baked fries.

katy trail 02-25-2011 07:27 PM

i think she said she was out of eggs, her unhealthy food was something else.

i understand your train of thought...and not terrible for calories.

Porthardygurl 02-25-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 3730546)
But, wait a minute, eggs are your unhealthy fall back plan? SInce when are eggs unhealthy? They're one of the best foods you can eat!

Though, a pound of beef - wow! And plain, nothing else? LOL Guess it means no more eating in front of the TV.

BerryBlonde..eggs are my healthy choice i make to prevent making an unhealthy choice..its my go to snack when i start craving ..cause its fast! but they werent there today so i ate ground cow instead.

marianne78 02-26-2011 12:32 AM

Oh goodness, a pound of cow. Delicious, yet at the same time so heavy. Not really that bad, though, if it's only 550 calories.

Porthardygurl 02-26-2011 12:58 AM

ooooh but i feel so full.. i ate that at like 2:30 this afternoon..its now 10 pm and im still not hungry..i still feel full..and ive even done a 2 hour workout..and still not hungry.

katy trail 02-26-2011 01:05 AM

i think it definitely could be the meds.

and i've heard of worse. some people crave raw beef.

rachinma 02-26-2011 11:12 AM

katy, I love raw hamburg. ;-)

martinimouse 02-26-2011 11:20 AM

Sounds perfect to me, I would have eaten the 1 pound I cooked last night, but I made 4 patties and husband snagged two! Rats, I wasn't quick enough!

Katydid77 02-26-2011 11:43 AM

If it kept you full that long, it sounds like it was the perfect thing to eat.

May be something you want to remember when you want to have that 'I splurged' feeling.

Sounds like a go-to plan to me!

Porthardygurl 02-26-2011 11:59 AM

Lol..it was a lot of beef..so much so that for dinner all i had was a cup of chia pudding..cause i still felt so full from the beef.. i was practically burping beef taste the whole night..its now morning and i finally feel like its digested..but man.. i think next time i wont do that..eggs are always my go-to-food when in need.