Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Today was overall a pretty good day though I have no clue whatsoever how many calories I ate. For dinner I went to BBQ with a friend and we had grilled lean cut beef, a couple small pieces of chicken, and a big order of veggies - shiitake mushrooms, green pepper, onion, cabbage and corn. It was pretty weird to have a big meal out that involved no carbs except for little chunks of corn on the cob. It just goes to show how dependent I still am on carbs to feel "full." I felt strangely empty after the meal like I had hardly eaten, yet I'm sure I had at least 700 or 800 calories' worth at dinner. Gonna say 850 because I really don't know.

Breakfast - 170
-Yogurt, oatmeal, some raisins

Lunch - 650
-Stir fry with kimchee, eggplant, carrot, 2 eggs, pasta, sesame oil, 550
-2 squares dark chocolate, 70
-Some raisins, 30

Snack - 100
-1 mini cream puff from a coworker

Dinner - 850?
-Shared platter of DIY BBQ beef, chicken, pork
-Large side of veggies
-1 mini hard candy
-1 pc. sugared chewing gum

Exercise
-45 min walking
-40 min Tae Bo Cardio
-100 crunches

Calorie Total - ~1770

Diana I'm really sorry to hear about Magnum. It's never easy when beloved pets get sick. My cat Cinnamon would have been 19 today if he were still around, it was his birthday.

LLBoldAsLove Yeah I got that impression about Nashville v. Knoxville too. I have lots of family in Knoxville which is why I was thinking about there. Overall I think I'd like to shoot for Texas, though it may be the challenge of a lifetime to stay thin in a state famous for deep frying beer. As for weight being stubborn, how much are you working out? 1200 is awfully low for someone as young and active as you to maintain at...

Serbrider Feel better soon, glad to hear the scale moved!

shellsbrood WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Kiss "obese" goodbye!!!!!!!!!!

jomatho Nice work on the running victory! Nothing feels better than pushing yourself hard during a run and being able to do it.

abidabbi Awesome running. That meal sounds really tasty.

berryblondeboys Wow, teenage boys never notice anything. That's something to be really proud of!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Good morning my friends. I just wanted to take a moment before the onslaught of the day started- but I really need to go wake the girls up and get them going. It is just so nice right now. The wondows are open and the birds are chirping and it is nice to take a moment with my ONLINE friends and just be...

I have so much to do today: take A to school, 2 hour workout, take baby to ballet, take baby to grandmothers house, sew on Daisy patches and take it to school, clean up the MESS the baby made with balls and handwashing soap, do yesterdays dishes, finish putting away clothes. OH- and I have I dr. appointment at 1:30. POOP! This list is making my nice moment fizzle away!

Still I will BBL for personals!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Diana I'm really sorry to hear about Magnum. It's never easy when beloved pets get sick. My cat Cinnamon would have been 19 today if he were still around, it was his birthday.
Krampus Oops, I may not have mentioned Magnum recovered from the surgery and everything is fine with him now. Sorry about not mentioning that part. He's back to being his 12 year old puppy self.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #19  
Staying the Same

Oh! Well that's great news then.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Krampus...Well I definitely support the Austin thing as well, my best friend loves it there (Houston, not so much, if you're thinking Texas more generally). Anyways, I typically workout a little under 1.5 hours about 6 days a week, doing my version of HIIT (warm-up, eight intervals at 9/4 on the treadmill, cool down), weight training, and core stuff.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #21  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

berryblondeboys, enjoy that someone has noticed your weightloss. I'm shorter than you and have lost 17 lbs and NO ONE (besides my husband, who sees me EVERY DAY) has said one single word about being able to tell I've lost....even though my clothes are all baggier and I'm wearing things now that I haven't been able to wear in a looooooong time (3 years). When you top that with the fact that I've been holding at right around 1200 calories for the last week and have seen relatively NO movement in the scales, well, that just makes for a very discouraged me! You would think SOMEONE would've noticed a 17 lb loss besides my husband.

I think I'm getting dangerously close to coming off my blood pressure meds, too. I woke up this morning feeling kinda dizzy, black spots in front of my eyes and a headache. Guess I'll check it later. I don't care if people notice or not. I know that I can get into a 16 now and that I've had to come off one BP med already and will come off the other relatively soon......so forget them. I'm just feeling mean today, I guess.....disgruntled......sorry I'm venting. I think, even tho I've had a hysterectomy, I still get pms. I think I must have it today......I think maybe I've had it since Friday. I wonder it it makes me retain water even though I won't have an actual cycle (Sorry Larry). Any thoughts? Guess I could research it.

Gotta take the kids to school. BBL if you guys can tolerate me.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #22  
Staying the Same

LLBoldAsLove You must be absolutely jacked by now! That's really impressive, you do HIIT 6 days a week?! I have no interest in Houston or anywhere in TX other than Austin really to be honest.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #23  

Krampus... Haha, that is one reason why I'm not giving up despite the stubborn scale, my legs look great! I've always had over-large muscular arms that I hate, but at least now they are definitely "muscular" and not just "big." I've always had a lot of muscle mass naturally... my dad says its a Native American thing. haha.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #24  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana - a hysterectomy so young? Did you have pcos? Endo?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #25  

DianaLa, we can stand next to each other on our unmoving scales and be PMSsy (read: pissy) together!

Gotta go workout before I find something else to procrastinate with. BBL for personals.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Diana - a hysterectomy so young? Did you have pcos? Endo?
Ack! Endometriosis can make you have to have a hysterectomy at a young age? I have that, it is terrible... but I've never heard of it leading to a hysterectomy. Though I suppose I only know my situation.

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 02-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #27  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, I had stage IV Endometriosis. May be TMI, but I had what is known as "frozen pelvis." Basically, the Endo was so bad that it cause my intestines to stick together, my ureters to fuse to my intestines, etc. Also, my ovaries (which are supposed to be the size of walnuts) were the size of a large orange and a large lemon. It was excruciating. My son, who was born weighing 4 lbs and who we knew was a miracle since I suffered two miscarriages before him, became even more of a miracle when he was 8 yrs old and I found out that I had endo and had it so severely. He should've never even been conceived, much less born. My daughter is adopted. But there is absolutely NO difference between them. I love her as if she had come from my own body.

Wow. Saying all that certainly brings me outta my funk. lol I'm a blessed woman, fat or not!

LLBold, take are of yourself. You have a luxury I didn't have....you know you have it. I didn't know. I knew something was wrong, but they never found out what it was. Make them take care of you so it doesn't get as bad as mine did. It's awful!!! There was NO time during the month that I didn't hurt......to the point that no one could even touch my stomach. After I had my surgery (and fully recovered), I would just lay in the bed and press on my stomach and tell my husband, "Amazing.....it doesn't even hurt!!" I got my life back when I had my surgery!

BP was NOT low this morning...just checked it....it's actually a little on the high side 128/88. Guess I'm getting a migraine. Blec!!

Have a GREAT day folks!!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #28  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post
Ack! Endometriosis can make you have to have a hysterectomy at a young age? I have that, it is terrible... but I've never heard of it leading to a hysterectomy. Though I suppose I only know my situation.
It depends on how bad it gets. A coworker of mine had a hysterectomy when she was about 32. She had her kids young and she was in so much pain every month, that she and her doctors decided that was the route to go. The pain was so debilitating that she had to take off work every month. A secretary who worked for me, at 22 fainted in the bathroom from pain due to endo - TWICE. And she didn't know how she was going to face decades more of it getting worse. I think those are worse case scenarios, but yes, it does happen.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #29  

Berry and Diana... Thanks, its definitely something I keep an eye on. Birth control has helped somewhat with TOM, though the doctors have never been able to help me with dyspareunia (tmi? haha) - sometimes for weeks on end I simply cannot, which was a problem in my past relationship. I also have a lot of gastrointestinal/IBS-like symptoms that doctors attribute to endo. I've been told to have kids sooner rather than later, but I'm single and about to start a career, so I've mentally prepared myself to adopt when I'm ready for kids.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #30  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Down some(.4) of the water weight. Yesterday, I was super productive and got lots done in my house but came in a little low on calories. Back at things today. Making sure that I get enough calories! Planning on going to the gym tonite.

Really proud of everyone for sticking with it!!! We're all doing great!!

Linds: I hope your pup will be ok. I'm sorry that you're going through this tough time.

Shells: CONGRATS on being overweight!!!! Great job!
Closed Thread