Rewards

• Hello I have been considering doing a rewards system for each 10 lbs lost. Since nothing has worked for me yet. When I want something I usually just buy it if I have the $. So for rewards does this mean that I am not "allowed" to buy something until I have reached the 10 lbs? So does anyone use a reward system. One of my hobbies is makeup(sadly I think I have gotten more into makeup since clothes don't fit me right anymore) But anyways I do think makeup is fun. I was thinking about going to macys tomorrow and purchasing some high end things. But then I got the idea to wait until I have lost 10 lbs which would probably take 3 weeks.
  • I am working on giving myself a reward for each ten pounds and I dont really get anything except for necessities in between , so i dont go oh well whats the point i can just buy myself something and stay fat. I'd rather deprive myself completely and reward myself when i do good I'm really having a hard time with it though since i'm on my last pound before i can get my mani pedi and i binged yesterday i wanna cry thinking about it i'm so disappointed in my darn self mannnn but yeah thats how i do it.
  • a reward system is a great idea -- it'll definitely get you kicked off. my rewards are more long term, as they won't really look decent on me until then. at 150 i'm getting a tattoo, and at that point, i'll probably be dropping my weight loss goal to 130.
  • you could make them non-material items. Maybe give yourself a nice pedicure when you reach 10lbs, a massage at 50lb, etc.
  • I love the idea of intangible rewards and use them myself. My "ten percent off" reward was a day at the zoo, which I loved the way I haven't loved a zoo trip since I was a little girl. (I got to pet a sheep, hear a jaguar make a happy growl/purr as he rolled in the grass, and watch giraffes do the nasty! Zoos are awesome!)

Maybe go on a camping trip, a picnic, to a sporting event, to a day spa? Not that high-end makeup isn't good too, but sometimes stuff that you regularly get doesn't feel "rewardy" enough.

You're really doing well with your weight loss, by the way--great new avatar pic you've posted.
  • For me, weight loss is it's own reward. Just like yoga and hiking and biking are their own reward.

Like, I did all the work and my reward was 10 pounds. Or I climbed a mountain and the reward is the view at the top.

Actually, the one reward I will get myself when I get to goal is to have a pair of jeans that actually fit me on every part of my body. I don't care if I have to have them custom made. To find a pair that fit my non-existent butt, my hips, my mountain climbing thighs and my long legs would be a true miracle.
  • Thanks to all of your suggestions I decided to reward myself with something I want to buy after I lose 10 lbs which means I did not go to the mall on the way home I WENT TO THE GYM INSTEAD. I also ate healthy today!
    Cheeriloos: I love that list of rewards you have there! I need to make one too!
    Nola: Thank You Nola! That helps keep my spirits up!