3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   REALLY slow weight loss! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/225900-really-slow-weight-loss.html)

Fairy 02-17-2011 10:19 AM

REALLY slow weight loss!

Hi, I'm on the weight watchers plan and have been since May 2010. I've always had small gains and stay the sames, but I usually have a better week after. Anyway.. I lost 5.5lbs over 3 weeks of xmas, which I was really pleased about, but since then.. I've only lost 3 lbs.. in over a month! Last week I gained 0.5lb and this week I lost 0.5lb so overall I've stayed the same for about 3 weeks!! It's really getting me down :( Should I expect a better week next week? I stick to the plan 100% so it's not fair :/

How do you get through the tough weeks?

Emme 02-17-2011 10:27 AM

Be patient. You'll have weeks where you might gain a pound, lose a pound, gain 1/2 a pound, etc...the body is a mysterious thing. Don't give up. Are you a daily weigher or a weekly weigher? It is easier for me to track my weight daily so I can see the ups and downs of each day.

Fairy 02-17-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emme (Post 3716494)
Be patient. You'll have weeks where you might gain a pound, lose a pound, gain 1/2 a pound, etc...the body is a mysterious thing. Don't give up. Are you a daily weigher or a weekly weigher? It is easier for me to track my weight daily so I can see the ups and downs of each day.

I'm a weekly weigher. Weighing everyday is bad for me, it's depressing to see the number go up and can be disheartening if you weigh in lighter at home than at weight watchers...

Ultreos 02-17-2011 10:51 AM

I hit the gym harder until my body cries uncle and gives me a lower reading on the scale.

Sadly though I keep on feeding the needy thing when it says it's hungry to so sometimes I go to an all out war with it.

After the war we come to a pleasant middle ground, it gives me what I want, and it gets some days of rest from the gym.

While this bit of text put a smile on my face, more realistically I would say re evaluate your plan and make sure that the calories you are consuming, and the types of food you are eating, as well as any exercise you are getting are meeting your weight loss needs.

I'm told that our bodies needs for weight loss can change drastically every several pounds or so. So alteration as well as a change in what you eat, can lead to potential greater results.

And on a different note, your body weight is getting rather low thus so is your body fat. Since your fat is getting lower you have less unnecessary weight, that is excess fat, and more lean weight. Those final pounds are going to be a little harder to get rid of. Though since you are following the plan you are on very well as marked by your progress, I am sure you will reach your goal in no time at all.

Like I said though, I get through tough weeks by showing my body whose boss. It tends to remind me it is still boss more often then not though.

Hopeful8 02-17-2011 02:12 PM

Well I can say that losing 3 pounds in 1 month is great thing for me. You're 5'5" and weigh 145 so that means your bmi of 24.1 is in normal range. You're not overweight anymore therefore your body has a harder time dropping large amounts of weight. If you stay on your eating plan and keep working out then you will lose the weight. You may not lose at a rate that you are happy with, but you have to let the body adjust and work the way it's supposed to work.

It took me almost 4 months to go from 150 down to 140. Let the body go through it's natural process and be happy with your progress and success. The more you stress out about this the harder it will be to lose weight.

mandalinn82 02-17-2011 02:17 PM

You're super close to your goal (which is AWESOME). Unfortunately, it also means your body gives it up just a little more slowly than it did at first. Consider it a badge of honor on how far you've come that you have to fight a bit more now.