Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 10:41 AM   #76  

Hi guys! I am soooooo thankful it is over! I know that probably sound bad but I don't think I can fit into any of my clothes now. Thank goodnesss we don't have to wear our uniforms to work until January 6. I would hate to see what the pants look like now. I bet they are so far up the butt it is going to hurt. Joe went hunting this morning and I made him take all of the junk food with him to get it out of the house. He took the dog so I might do some yoga or pilates tonight when I get home.

It is so weird I am in such a bad mood today. I have no idea why. What makes it worse is that I have to see poeple all day long and have a smiling face on for them to see. Today is going to be a tough one. The only word that fits for today is pissy.

Sorry to sound so down after Christmas but I just can't seem to get in a good mood. Maybe it was all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas and now I am just run down.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #77  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I hear you Kempy. I have been like that for a week. I have a femenine problem and nothing seems to be showing up as wrong so i have been MAJORLY preoccupied for over a week.Waiting for test results to show up. Thankfully today I got the word that nothing shows up but I still don't think everything is alright.I am a major worry wart.

Christmas was fun. I screwed up so bad for the last 2 days. Call it stress or Christmas but I have managed to eat Chinese(oops!!!) and tons of candy. Kids had a great Christmas. They got tons of gifts and money.They want to take us to Weathervane for Seafood but that isn't very dietary. LOL

I hope your mood picks up for you Kempy. I can definately relate.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:01 AM   #78  
Finally Fit!

Here here! I've been in the worset mood lately. Woke up yesterday morning, as though I had a hangover... probably form all the stress, worry, and excitement of Christmas. I also think that the junk we ate has left us feeling lowsy. I never eat like I did the last couple days,a nd now i'm constipated, and bloated,a nd headachey. It's like I ate stuff i'm allergic to. I think chanigng ourselves has left us with noticeable problems when we really cheat. That's my thought. Cause I usually feel great, i exercise, and have energy. Ever since christmas eve, i'm tired, run down... christmas day, i almost fell asleep in a chair, talking. by dinner time, i'd eaten my way across the house, so that was like stuffing it in. it's not good for me. i threw away the leftover mashed potatoes. i know that's bad. Gave away the turkey carcass. I just want to go bck to normal. Now, we're talking about New Years. Ugh!

Good news: I got the bike i was begging for, and hubby got a matching one. So New Years Day, we're heaidng to the Baltimore parks, and gonna attempt a 10 mile ride. That'll be fun. Imagine me, former couch potato, dreaming up a bike ride the first day of the year. Wow, I'm a different chicky now. SO, things are okay, but i'm pissy too. WORD FOR THE DAY: PISSY.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:49 AM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Somebody Slap me...PLEASE!!!!!!

I never had time to make the fudge that I was craving so bad so I did it last night! I did so well all day and then I had 1 1/2 pieces of fudge last night. I am so numb. I have to get back on track but something new always gets in the way. This is why I am so strict when I do get in the groove. Tonight I am making real mac and cheese( we have never had it and Jay wants to try it)

I will get back in the groove!!!!AAAHHH!!!!!Food sucks!!!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 10:21 AM   #80  

Hey guys!

Is it possible to diagnosis yourself? I think I may have a binge problem. I really noticed it last night. As soon as I got home from work all I did was think about food. I couldn't eat b/c my cousin was coming over to see the new paint job. I ate a few pieces of fudge while I was waiting for her to get there. As soon as she left I had 4 pieces of sausage bread adn then I ate half of one of those chocolate orange things. I wasn't even hungry I just couldn't stop. I have no idea why I do this. I notice I do this alot. I remember when I first started dating Joe he would say that I sure did eat my share of food. I have been able to control the weight gain (kind of) over the years but this is relaly starting to make me worry now. I will just mindlessly eat all day long. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?
Old 12-27-2002, 01:05 PM   #81  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am the exact same way. I think about food ALL the time.I am sitting here begging the kids to eat that damn fudge. I have know idea why I contribute over eating as having fun. I think we have something wrong in our brains. LOLRight now my craving is for pimento cheese and ritz crackers and these bacon wrapped scallops they have at the store. AAAHHH!!!

I hate to resign to the fact that maybe I was meant to be fat but geesh. Why does being thin have to be so hard?!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 01:09 PM   #82  

That is the reason that I am going to find a book that might be able to help me. I have been sitting here waiting for lunch. I didn't even bring anything really good just a sandwich but all I can do is think about it. Thank god it is 12.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:05 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Helllloooo ladies. I see we're all having the post-holiday "see-food" fest blues or blahs, whatever. Yes, why can't it all just go away? (the food, the flab, the cravings, the mindless eating--all of it!) Hey, remember the first time Oprah lost all that weight on the Optifast program? There was a spoof on Saturday Night Live which had Tim Meadows as Oprah doing her talk show and every guest or audience member that stood up to talk would have Oprah thinking of food--you know, like if someone was sitting in a chair and she'd see a giant fried chicken drumstick as the person's head? I think in the end she ended gnawing on one of the poor guests--that was so funny. It must have been a woman who wrote that skit!
I hear y'all loud and clear. I think I need another "public" challenge--I gotta check out the boards to see if there's one that I'd like to do...my next goal is to be down to 180 by Valentine's Day. Yikes! That's almost 20 lbs! I'm gonna try like heck after I'm back from my vacation.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #84  
Finally Fit!

HI. I just read your posts. I think it's an obsession with food. It may be from not being loved, like you need it. I've dealt wiht that all my life, and when I need love, I always turned to food. It seemed to fill me up for a moment and make me feel warm. Food never seems to deny us. It always is there, exactly like we want it. People tend to let us down, but food... that's our friend for life.

But, after we've gone crazy, and we've eaten our way thorugh the house, we feel lousy, and get depressed. It's called Emotional Eating. There are books about it. My mother goes to Overeaters Anonymous. and it works for her. She's just like that, mindlessly eating, and can't stop.

Kempy: do you think yuo're doing this, because you miss your hubby all the time? I'm playing devils advocate here, but do you think you'd eat less, (or at lest better) if hubby gave you the kjid of attention you are "craving"?

Angie : do not resign yourself to being fat. You are motivated,a nd strong, and so ready to do this. You are just living through the holidays. You even said, you're so strict on yourself usually. Get back on track. Give a way the fudge, and teach the kids to give bad stuff away too. -- like I'm a pro, or something!!! Just being a girlfriend to you guys.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:46 PM   #85  
Finally Fit!

I started anew thread, this one's too long,. It's called Holiday Hangover Help... I'l play Pied Piper, if you follow....
Closed Thread