Wheat allergy/sensitivity?

• Ok, not sure this is the right spot for this post... But help me lose the wheat, please.

I haven't yet seen a new allergist a friend suggested because I'm trying to find out if they work with my insurance or not.

But in the meanwhile I'd been experimenting with wheat in and out of my diet. And it's totally obvious -- when I have it? My nose is all stuffy. When I don't? I'm a whole lot clearer.

So those who have already dropped it, I could use some meal ideas please.

Thanks!
    A.
  • Check out low carb recipe sites. Since most of us don't eat wheat, there's tons of good recipes. If you do a low fat plan you can use substitutions for the higher fat ingredients. I like to use zucchini in place of the noodles in lasagna, soups with lots of vegetables and no noodles etc. There's also a few good bread and muffin replacements that use flax, almond flour, or coconut flour instead of wheat flour. on genaw.com there's a good flax flatbread recipe that you can use as tortillas (I haven't tried it but it's probably good). If you like pizza, you can make a cheese and cauliflower pizza crust. I personally dislike cauliflower so I didn't enjoy it, but you might like it.
  • In addition to what the previous poster advised, you could also look up gluten-free recipes. There are tons of free recipes online.
  • Thanks -- I'm looking into all that. If anyone has more fav websites let me know!

A.
  • Ooh, I just found this one on another thread here so I thought I'd share. I can't wait to make some of these!
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-recipes/