Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/136/115

Height: 5'3

Angry Is it enough, or too much?

Hi everyone. Ever since i increased my exercise, my weightloss has become much more slower. When i first started, I went to the gym 30min. and did about another 15 minutes of exercise. I increased my exercise about 3 weeks ago, maybe a month, and jumped down to 1-2 pounds of weightloss a week, when usually it was 2-4. I workout at the gym for 30 minutes, and walk (jog 2minute intervals) for 30-45 minutes. I stay between a 1200cal. diet.

October 6th - 217
February 14th- 180

This is very stressful. Maybe I am putting my weightloss to a hault because I am so stressed? What are your opinions? Ty

btw, do you think i can reach 150 by june?
missmandiex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You've lost something like 9 pounds a month average since October, and you think you're losing too slowly? Jeez Louise! You are doing just fine! I was lucky to drop 4 pounds a month, and I was strictly on plan. My target was more like 1350, though, and I'm much older than you are.

What's your hurry? Be patient,you'll get there. I'm not sure you can get to 150 by June, but if you stick with a reasonable plan and are consistent, you'll have a nice additional loss by then.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #3  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

It is quite possible that you are not taking in enough calories for the amount of exercise you are putting in. The body, as we know, can be a stubborn SOB. And when it feels threatened, it can refuse to let go of the weight.

Maybe add a few hundred calories to your diet.. like up it to 1400 maybe.. just for a week and see if your body releases more weight.. If it does, then you'll know you weren't eating enough. Every body and metabolism is different. Doesn't hurt to tweak

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm wondering if you're eating enough now that you're exercising more? 1200 calories seems low for all that exercise. I would try increasing to 1400 or 1500 and see how that goes.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

There is no reason to increase calories if you're feeling satisfied on 1200.

Your weight loss is going to slow down as you get smaller for a variety of reasons but the primary one is that it's because you're smaller. Fat is alive! It takes energy to keep it that way. Less fat = less energy burned. Also because you're smaller every step you take burns fewer calories. There is a possibility that you're starting to retain water as well. Don't worry about it.

Too much exercise on reduced calories can cause real problems especially if that exercise is high intensity. Walking is not high intensity, nor chess. I don't know what you're doing for the 30 minutes at the gym but it probably isn't causing a problem either because it's only 30 minutes.

This is a long winded version of saying I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. Increased exercise is probably helping you retain more muscle which is slowing down your weight loss but you'll be happier with the end result when you get there.

June is about 19 weeks away. To lose an additional 30 lbs means an average daily deficit of about 800 calories. Your goal certainly seems reasonable but you may find yourself getting quite a bit hungrier as you approach your goal and your leptin levels drop.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #6  

Thanks John, very very helpful. I feel fine on a 1200cal. diet, and @ the gym its Curves. The routine is,

Equipment, 30 seconds
Recovery Board (walk,jog) 30 seconds
Equipment, 30 seconds
Recovery Board (walk,jog) 30 seconds

And it goes around in a big circle with different type of exercise machines/equipment

but if i am not eating enough, im not sure when or what else to eat. i wake up 530 every morning, have BREAKFAST at 630. bowl of cereal, 2% milk. go to school, have LUNCH at fricken 10AM!! and i have a yogurt, and an apple. and then when i come home at 3, i go to the curves gym for 30minutes, come home, and walk/(jog 2min intervals) 3 miles. after that, shower, homework, you know. im a highschool student, alotttttt of work. eat dinner around 6/630 which usually is a weightwatchers with a salad. if someone has the time to work with me and help me out, id really appreciate it. im not sure when, or what else to eat. please keep and touch, and keep helping me out. i appreciate it 100%
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #7  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

are you still hungry during the day? or do you feel satisfied?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #8  

I feel pretty good. Just tired a little more, but thats all.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #9  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

my biggest problem in high school was definitely not getting enough sleep. with my food, sometimes i was anemic. especially around that time of the month, extra iron rich foods will help.

as far as what gives you energy, depends on the person's body. my body likes long lasting energy from fiber, or protein and fiber, such as hummus (bean dip with chick peas) and veggies or on a sandwich. many people swear by having protein at every meal, other people swear by having little to no carbs. experiment, see what works for you.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote