Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #31  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

If it's a reasonable time of day and you have the means, taking a walk outside and calling someone on the phone can be a nice distraction.

Also, apples are really filling.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #32  

I like looking at how many calories and think about how long I will have to walk on the tradmil to burn the calories. From time I do eat what I want but I try to eat it for breakfast. So i burn it off on my exercises and daily activitys.
Beccajuanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #33  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I always ask myself "Is it worth it to me?" Is that brownie worth going to the gym tonight when I wasn't going to go? Is it worth cutting out my evening glass of wine? Is it worth cutting back on the great work I've done the rest of the day?

I do what some other posters do and track before I eat it to really assess the outcome. If I can eat it and still stay healthily in my calories for the day, well then I do. If I decide its not worth it, I make some tea. Tea has been my "drug of choice", so to speak, when I just need something.

I also try to keep better alternatives on hand. For example, if I'm craving something sweet, I'll go for the jolly rancher in my pocket rather than the brownie.

But sometimes, the brownie is just plain worth it. I eat it, I track it, and I -try- to adjust to make it fit (add gym time, cut out after dinner dessert, etc). If I go over, well, I forgive myself and start the next day fresh.
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #34  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

My husband rebuild my laptop. He set all our family photos as streaming screensavor. I see how "hot" I used to look....

It is motivating me a great deal.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/183/140

Height: 5ft 8

I tell myself: "Well, it's not going anywhere."

Often I want to eat something because it's that feeling of missing out on it, but if i tell myself that it's always going to be available and that I can have it when I've lost a few more pounds it seems to help. We always want what we think we're missing out on.

If that doesn't work than have a small glass of water or chew some gum - wait five minutes and see how you feel then.

I started a blog (dukanfatbuster on blogspot) to keep my mind of it - I'm on my seventh day on the Dukan diet and it seems to be going fine - I've lost seven pounds in six days.
x

Last edited by thefatbuster; 02-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.
thefatbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #36  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

it's never too late. if you mess up, don't think of your mistake as an end to your weight loss plan -- it ends nothing unless you allow for it to.

i normally don't get cravings anymore, although i did in the beginning; after you've been on plan for a long enough amount of time, everything gets so much easier. when i do get cravings, if i'm craving something sweet i eat oatmeal or a fiber one bar -- sometimes i even allow myself a small ice cream cone. i've all but eliminated french fries from my diet, but when i crave them, i allow myself to have a small order and account for the calories in my plan.

so long as you're counting calories, small slips are going to be okay -- just account for them.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote